014.

Is It Too Late?

Jongin's POV:

 

I went home filled with disappointment. What Soojung did just now made me realize something. Loving someone who never loves you back, that feeling . I never though loving someone would be this tiring. Or to be precise, I never thought that I'll get tired of loving someone. I thought I've given everything, but seems like it's still not enough. Today, I've come to my sense. I'll do what I was supposed to do a long time ago.

 

Since examination is around the corner, I think it's better to concentrate on my studies, since this is my final year. I don't want to extend my period in this university. I checked my bag. I searched for the stuff that I brought on the way back here.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

It's been two days since the incident happened. There hasn't been a sign Soojung would confront Jongin. There are many things on her mind right now. Jongin, Minhyuk, examinations... Everything seems to burdening.

 

She just finished bathing when her phone suddenly rang. She ran towards her phone, expecting it would be from Jongin. Frustration revolved around her when it was from the person she least expected.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello, can I please speak to Jung Soojung?" the person requested. The person on the other line speaked fluent English.

 

"Yes, Soojung speaking." she replied using the same language.

 

"This is AJ from F21 Modeling Agency, calling from America." she introduced herself.

 

"Yes, how may I help you?" Soojung responded.

 

"We would like to inform you that you have been accepted in our agency as a model." said AJ.

 

"I bet your pardon? Here? Where?" Soojung couldn't make herself clear about what she heard.

 

"Here in New York. I was told that you're in Korean currently, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"If you're interested working with us, you are required to register in our office within this one month. After one month we will consider you're not interested with our offer. Please don't worry, we provide full accommodation for our models. Just check in at the airport, we booked an open ticket for you. After you have arrived to the States, we will assign someone to fetch you and bring you to our office." she said.

 

"Oh, I will. Thank you so much for the offer." Soojung said delightedly.

 

"Please, Miss Jung, don't disappoint us. Seems like our boss likes you a lot. See you in one month." AJ said.

 

The call ended. Soojung was so glad to about the news. She never expect to be accepted in one of the mpst prestigious modelling agencies in the US. She has to register in this one month. She made her calculation. One month? That means she'll have to leave at the last day of her final exams!

 

But then, she hesitated. Does that means she will have to leave everything behind and move forward to pursue her dreams?

 

 

- - -

 

 

After her class ended, Soojung sat at her usual spot. she has two hours of free time before her next class started. Since the incident, today is the first time she'll be seeing Jongin. She was actually looking for him since this morning, but she didn't see him anywhere. While preoccupied with random thoughts, she was too distracted hearing noise from the alley. She saw a crowd of girls swarming over someone.

 

 

Soojung's POV:

 

Who are those girls after? I can't see anything, except for someone with dark brown like hair. I kept on watching the girls until I saw the person they're after. Oh God! Is it really him? He's coming towards me. Omo, is this real? He flashed a smile to me. I was speechless. Am I dreaming? I mean, did he really sile at me? But because of my high expectations, I disappointed myself. he only passed me by. He was smiling at the girls behind me, and didn't even lay his eyes on me.

 

Then I heard the girls behind me speaking excitedly. "Omo, he smiled at us! I never imagined he would be this good looking up closer! Jongin oppa is so hot!"

 

Jongin... You've changed. You're really throwing me out of your life, aren't you? I held myself back. I don't want to be seen crying here. I decided not to attend my next class. I really needed to calm myself down. So this is the feeling of being abandoned by your best friend, and I'm not liking it at all. I felt like karma hit me really hard.

 

Ever since I was with Minhyuk, I didn't really pay attention to Jongin. Now, it's the other way around. What goes around, comes around. I guess I'll have to live with that.

 

Speaking about Minhyuk, I haven't seen him for days already. He hasn't contacted me at all. Maybe he's busy doing his work. I don't want to burden him with my pointless whine. I walked out looking at my feet. I don't want to go home this early. I'll tire myself because if I go home, I'll directly go to sleep.

 

I don't know how far I've been walking. I reached a residential area, which I was not very common with. Along my way walking, I kept kicking tiny stones.

 

Then I encountered another stone. This time it's a little bigger then the others. "Stupid Jongin!" I kicked the stone with anger, remembering Jongin's snobby attitude towards me.

 

The stone unexpectedly hit a car which was parked in front of a house. The sound was quiet loud. I rushed to the car, looking if it left anu scratches around the bumper. I looked at the house, hoping the owner won't come out any time.

 

I stared at the car. This seems so familiar to me. This car really looked like Minhyuk's car. How could possibly be there two presist cars? Looking at this car, I started to miss Minhyu. How long will he be in Japan?

 

I suddenly heard a door opening from the house in front of me. I wasn't able to hide myself, as there was no bushes. I reversed myself 5 steps, pretended to have my walk from the opposite. Then I saw a man and a woman embracing each other as they made their way into the car. From the back view, I saw him nibbling the woman's ear. The woman giggled, but seems like she's liking the pleasure. As soon as I saw the man, my eyes widened. I felt myself shiver. I felt like there was no oxygen around me.

 

"Minhyuk?"

 

- - -

 

Author's note:

Otl, from this chapter on this is when the drama begins to really kick in. How are you all feeling about this story? Enjoy it? Not liking it? Leave a comment!