010.

Is It Too Late?

The next day, after class, Soojung looked for Jongin. She hasn't seen him all day today. She wanted to hang out with him. It feels like they haven't met for ages. While busy looking for Jongin, she received a call from Minhyuk.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey, babe. Where are you? Still have classes?" Minhyuk's voice filled her ears.

 

"Ani, just finished. Why?"

 

"Let's go out, I'll pick you up in 10 minutes. Wait for me, okay?"

 

"Alright, bye."

 

Just then, Jongin saw Soojung. He approached her from behind. "Yah, Soojung-ah, have you finished your classes?"

 

Soojung turned around and nodded. "Great. Let's go jamming." he landed his arm on her shoulders.

 

Soojung follow him for a couple of steps, but then stopped.

 

"What's wrong?" Jongin wondered.

 

"I... I can't go with you today. I need to do my assignments. We had our group discussion today." Once again, lies blurted from her tiny mouth.

 

'There she gos again, lying. She's such a bad liar. You've changed so much since you met him, Soojung.' Jongin couldn't help but to let out a sigh. "Oh, really? Alright then, I won't bother you. I'll go with Luhan instead."

 

"I'm sorry Jongin-ah. Tell Luhan oppa I said hello." she said in guilt.

 

 

Soojung's POV:

 

Gosh, what the hell is happening to me? Why am I lying to him again? I should have tell him frankly. No, wait. I need to declare it officially, then I'll introduce Minhyuk to him.

 

"Okay, I'll tell him later. You take care." he said. He was cheerful just now, but what's with the sad face?

 

"You too, take care." I said in concern.

 

Not long after that, I saw Minhyuk's car in front of me.

 

"Hey, get in." he said.

 

I have him a smile and hopped in his car.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

Jongin saw her entering Minhyuk's car. Pain struck his heart while watching the girl he loves neglecting him, and the worst part, he felt like Soojung doesn't need him anymore. He let out a sigh. Loud enough for Luhan who's beside him to hear.

 

Luhan saw Jongin's sour face. "Yah, stop doing that face, it's ugly you know?" he tried to distract his friend.

 

Another loud sigh escaped from his mouth. Everything seems too burdening for him now. He felt like he had lot his best friend. Then he felt someone rapping his shoulder.

 

"Take your time, don't rush. It'll turn things more complicated. I know how you feel about Soojung, you can't hide that from me." Luhan's words made his spirit come back.

 

"Thanks hyung. You're the best." Jongin was greatful, Luhan still stayed by his side through his hardships.

 

"Do you need help? Do you want me to talk to her?" Luhan offered his help.

 

"It's okay, I think I can handle this on my own. But thanks anyway." Jongin gave Luhan a friendly hug.

 

 

- - -

 

 

"I'm home!" Soojung said as he entered the house. Jieun and Eunji were busy preparing for dinner. She looked at the clock, and it shows 7:30pm.

 

"Oh, eonni. You're back? Why so late?" Eunji asked.

 

"I went out with Minhyuk after class." she explained, smiling widely. Eunji nodded, while Jieun shook hers.

 

"Jieun eonni, what's wrong with you?" Another question came out from Eunji.

 

"Yah, Soojung-ah, it seems like you've gotten yourself a boyfriend, eh?" Jieun asked.

 

"Well, not officially, but I think we're already a couple." Soojung's smile never faded.

 

"How about Jongin?" Jieun's question made Soojung's eyebrow raise.

 

"Yah, what about Jongin oppa? Didn't she tell you that they were just friends? I prefer eonni with Minhyuk oppa." Eunji stated her opinion.

 

"But the problem is, Jongin doesn't only see Soojung as his best friend. Can't you tell, Soojung? Yah, even me myself that isn't even close with Jongin, I still can differentiate between friendship and love. Why can't you?"Jieun turned to Soojung, waiting for her answer.

 

Soojung was stunned. "That's impossible, eonni. I know Jongin. I'm not his taste. He's never showed interest in me. He had absolutely no feelings for me. Not even a little." she defended her stance.

 

"Jieun eonni, just let Soojung make her own decision. If she likes Minhyuk oppa, let her be. We can't force her to like Jongin, if Jongin really likes her." Eunji tried to be in the middle. She felt this conversation was too tense.

 

Jieun sighed. "Think about it deeply, Soojung. We both only want the best for you." Eunji nodded, ageeing to Jieun's words. "We only want you to be happy. Don't make decisions that you'll regret one day. Once you make a wrong decision, when one day comes, it'll be too late to go back."

 

Soojung was a bit persuaded with Jieun's words. But at the same time, she also felt something for Minhyuk. All the while when she's with Jongin, she didn't feel the butterflies in her stomach just like she felt when she was with Minhyuk.

 

She went to her room, leaving Jieun and Eunji cooking in the kitchen. She told them she wasn't hungry. Jieun and Eunji's words kept on spinning in her head. Is it real?

 

Jongin had feelings for her? But she didn't see any sign from him. Besides, she felt like her heartbeat was still steady when she met him. Opposite with Minhyuk, she felt those unknown feelings whenever they're together.

 

After taking her bath, it's been her routine talking to Jongin. She reached for her phone and pressed Jongin's number. She heard the ringing tone on the other line.

 

"The number you have called is not available."

 

Soojung frowned. 'Where's Jongin? He usually accepts all my calls.' Soojung tried once again. But it's still the same. Soojung sighed. She put her phone aside. Seems like she won't be hearing Jongin calling her 'baby' tonight.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Jongin stared at his phone. '2 Missed Calls - Jung Soojung.' He restrained himself to pick up her calls just now. Thinking how she treated him just now, made him greieve. He wanted to call her, but he held himself back.

 

"If you keep staring at your phone, I'm afraid it'll melt. Just call her, don't force yourself to avoid her. I know you can't do that." Luhan said.

 

Jongin sighed once again. "It's okay, let her get used to it. Moreover, she doesn't need me anymore, does she?"

 

Luhan shook his head. "It's up to you. Don't regret your actions. You can't go back once you made your decision. It'll be too late to undo everything."