005.

Is It Too Late?

After class that afternoon, he searched for his best friend around the campus. Most of the girls who passed him threw their sweetest smile but he could only nod back at them. Being the hottest guy in the university, a lot of girls were drooling over him, or to be precise, fangirling him. 

 

He looked everywhere but still couldn't find the figure he was looking for. The then walked towards the cafeteria. But she still couldn't find her. He was veiled in disappointment.

 

Suddenly he spotted her housemate, Eunji. "Eunji-ah!"

 

Eunji who was busy chatting with her friends heard her name mentioned. She immediately recognize the voice. She's actually one of his fangirl, but she didn't act like those common fangirls. She's lucky because Soojung and him are best friends and she could get to see Jongin quite often whenever he went to their house.

 

"Oh, Jongin oppa, annyeong. What's up?"

 

"Have you seen Soojung?"

 

"No, we didn't come together. She said she didn't have classes until 10. It's 1pm now, so I suppose she's here somewhere." she explained looking at her watch. Then she looked back at Jongin. "Have you tried calling her?"

 

That question made him hit his head. "Aish, I'm so stupid. Why didn't I think about calling her? I'll call her now. Thanks Eunji, I'll see you later." he said, giving her his charming smile. Eunji could only smile at him back as he immediately went out of the cafeteria.

 

"Yah, you're one lucky girl! Jongin oppa smiled at you!" said one of her friends.

 

Eunji forehead wrinkled. "Are you that desperate over him?" she chuckled.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Jongin's POV

 

"Jongin-ah... " the hoarse voice made me frown.

 

"Soojung-ah! What's wrong with you? Are you okay?" I panicked. 

 

"Uhh..." then I heard her sobbing. I knew something's not right!

 

"Yah, are you at home? Wait for me. Don't you dare move an inch!" I said as I dashed to her house.

 

Less than 10 minutes, I arrived. Luckily the door wasn't locked so I was able to get in. I immediately ran up to her room. Just then, I felt like my heart stopped beating when I saw her crying, lying on the floor, with one hand holding her stomach and the other was holding her cellphone.

 

"Soojung-ah, are you okay?" I raced to her to lift her up to her bed. As soon as I touched her, I could feel her body burning. Her temperature's too high!

 

 

Author's POV

 

"Shh, don't cry Soojung. Let me get you up." he said as he lifted Soojung bride-style.

 

Soojung couldn't stop crying. She felt like it was the end of her life. The pain inside her was too much for her to bear. Her whole body was weak, she was unable to think. She could only cry.

 

"Jongin, I can't take this anymore. I feel like dying." Jongin panicked even more hearing Soojung's rave.

 

"No! You can't just die like that! Are you gonna leave me alone here? After all we've been through together? Don't you know that I love you so much, more than you can imagine?" he wasn't aware of the words that came out of his mouth. It just went out automatically. He was just too mad hearing those words came fromthe girl he loves so much.

 

Jongin instantly carried Soojung to the restroom, putting her in the bath tub. "I'm so sorry for doing this. Please bear it for a while, it's for your own good." He then took the shower and showered her with cold water. It's the only way to reduce her fever.

 

Soojung was shocked to death as the cold shower pour onto her. She was shivering but unable to say out a word. Until a while, he realized Soojung shivered. He turned off the shower and took a towel to dry her hair. Then he took another one for her body.

 

Without saying a word, he undressed her. Soojung didn't have the strength to forbid him from doing so. Instead, she just let him do his work. Jongin's hands stopped as he was about to undress her lingerie.

 

"I'm sorry, I have to do this. You're too weak to do this on your own." he said, explaining he have no other intention.

 

Soojung's exposed porcelain skin was too tempting, even though Jongin told himself, restricted his eyes not to wander around her body. He immediately inhaled a deep breath, trying to calm himself.

 

After dressing Soojung, he carried her back to her bed. He laid her down, and asked her to get some rest. He wiped out the excess water on her head. "Get some rest, baby."

 

Soojung only nodded. She then tug her comforter up until her chin and blinked her eyes.

 

"Thanks, Jongin. I thought I'll be leaving this world if you're not here. Thank you." she said as her eyes were filled with tears.

 

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here already. I'll always be here for you, hm?" he said, wiping the tears that rolled down her face. It hurts so much watching the girl he loves crying helplessly.

 

"I love you, Jongin." the simple sentence made him smile widely.

 

 

Jongin's POV

 

"I love you, Jongin." my eyes widen when I heard her say those three words. Am I hallucinating? Is this for real?

 

"I love you." she said it again. God, I'm not dreaming! Thank you so much for this!

 

"I love you too." I replied with joy. 

 

Finally, she realized my true feelings for her! I lied down beside her, not caring if I'll get infected as well. I really want to preserve this moment.

 

"You're my best friend forever. I can't imagine my life without you. Thanks for being my friend. I love you Jongin." she said suddenly. It broke my heart in no time.

 

"Shh, don't say anything anymore." I stopped her from saying anything. Then I hugged her. My chin was resting on her head. I feel like my tears were about to burst out. She only loved me as her best friend.

 

 

Author's POV

 

'Why can't you see me as a man, not just as your best friend? Am I not good enough for you?' he thought. 'I love you so much, Soojung.' Tears went down his face as he let out the words in his heart. The pain was just too much for him. He cried silently, hugging the girl that stole his little heart, hoping it would reduce the pain.