004.

Is It Too Late?

"Who is this?" Soojung asked suspiciously. As far as she can remember, she never gave out her number to people she didn't know.

 

"Is this you, Soojung-ssi?" and now this guy is addressing to her formally.

 

"Yah! Who are you? Why is it so hard to answer this simple question?!" Soojung shouted out in anger when the guy wasn't answering her question.

 

Then she suddenly heard the person laughing. "Whoa, calm down little lady, there's no need to shout." he said, in between laughs.

 

What's so funny? She started getting annoyed and angry with this prank call. She ended the call immediately. She had no time playing games like these. Then after that, her phone rang again. It was the same number.

 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT AND WHO ARE YOU?!" she shouted. She hates prank calls.

 

"It's Minhyuk." the caller said calmly.

 

"Minhyuk?" she repeated. 'Which Minhyuk?' she tried to remember if she ever had a friend with that same name.

 

"Yeah, Minhyuk. I bumped into you this morning at the mall." he explained.

 

"Oh." Soojung said as she bit her lower lip, realizing her rudeness. "Sorry for yelling, I thought it was some kind of prank call." she explained.

 

Minhyuk then laughed once again. "It's okay, I don't blame you. So, why did you call me?" he asked directly.

 

 

Soojung's POV:

 

'Huh? Why is he asking me that? Isn't he the one that's calling me right now? This dude is a serious freak.' I mumbled to myself. "I bed your pardon? I should be asking you. Why are you callig me?" I asked in confusion.

 

"Because you called me first." he simply said.

 

"Eh? No, I didn't." I denied.

 

"Yes, you did." he insisted saying I called him first.

 

"No, I didn't. How am I supposed to call you? I was showering and before I-"

 

"So, you must only be wearing a towel around yourself right now, am I right?" his cheeky words made me speechless.

 

"Eh?" I looked at myself and I realized he guessed correctly. I could feel myself blushing, as if he was in front of me right now. I then suddenly remembered his glaring eyes. Could this be a video call? I immediately checked my phone. It wasn't on video, but how did he know?

 

He burst out laughing once again. "Just kidding, babe. It's late, so you'd better get in your clothes. We'll chat again sometime. Sweet dreams, good night." he said. Then he ended the call before I could say anything.

 

Babe? Who does he think he is? Calling me 'babe'? Am I some find of animal or what? Ew, that made me have goosebumps on my neck. I checked my phone again. "It wasn't on video, but how did he know that? Ugh, he's really weird." I can't help but think about this matter.

 

After putting on my clothes, I lied down and dialled Jongin's number. It has been out routine talking to each other before going to bed.

 

"Yeah baby?" he said after two ringing tones.

 

"Jongin-ah... What are you doing?" I said in my sleepy tone.

 

 

Jongin's POV:

 

"Jongin-ah... What are you doing?" that tone completely made me giddy.

 

"Hurm? Nothing, just doing a bit of work." I said softly.

 

I can't imagine how she could turn so rough everytime she's in front of me but then so seductive everytime she was about to go to sleep. I can only call her baby when she's about to go to sleep. She said it reminds her of her childhood memory, when she got used to her mother calling her that pet name.

 

But for me, it's so much more than that. She's my heart, my soul. I never had this feeling towards someone before, not even with my crush back then.

 

"Oh, am I bothering you?" her voice snapped me.

 

"No, you're not. Are you sleepy already?"

 

"U-um..." her simply reply made me smile. Oh God, please help me bear this.

 

"Go to sleep then, baby girl. Good night." I said, waiting for her to end the call. "I love you..." I said, putting my courage to wait for her reply. I could hear my heartbeat so loud that I'm afraid it would explode anytime.

 

But then, I could only hear her breathing evenly.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

'She must have fallen asleep already.' he chuckled. He shook his head, thinking how silly of him expecting a quiet impossible answer as a reply. Another disappointment accompanied Jongin throughout the night. Only he knew himself whether he slept soundly or otherwise.