006.

Is It Too Late?

Author's POV:

 

Soojung opened her eyes. Thanks to her night lamp, she ws able to see things clearly. She turned to her side, and found out Jongin wasn't there with her. As far as she could remember, he laid beside her, accompanying her the whole day. She then reached for her cellphone. She looked at the time as it read: 9:00pm. She wanted to get up but her body is still weak. Just in time, Jieun and Eunji walked in her room.

 

"Soojung-ah, are you feeling better?" Jieun asked in concern.

 

"Yah, do I look like I'm better?" Soojung still has the strength to joke around.

 

Jieun shook her head. 'She's one tough girl.' she thought.

 

"We brought you some porridge here, Jongin oppa told us to feed you after you woke up." Eunji said as she put the porridge beside her.

 

"Who made this? The both of you?" Soojung's eyes alternately looking at Eunji and Jieun.

 

"No, Jongin did. He made this before he left." explained Jieun.

 

"He even put carrots in it. Wah, he must know you so well, huh?" Eunji said in awe.

 

Soojung's appetite boosted up when she heard the word 'carrot'. She quickly grabbed the bowl and began eating it.

 

"Of course he knows me well, he's my best friend." Soojung simply answered. "Don't you think best friends should know these kind of stuff?"

 

"But eonni, is he really just your best friend?" Eunji asked curiously.

 

Soojung frowned. "Yah, what kind of question is that? Of course he's only my best friend. Do you expect him to have feelings for me? He's quiet popular among girls. I'm sure he'll have no problem choosing any of his fangirls to be his girlfriend." she muttered.

 

"But I think he doesn't see you only as his best friend." Jieun's point of view made Soojung stare at her.

 

"Pfft, nonsense! I'm done eating this. Thank you so much for bringing this for me." she said as she went to the restroom.

 

Jieun and Eunji made their way out of her room. They were about to close Soojung's door then suddenly Jieun said.

 

"Yah, think about it! I don't think Jongin only treats you as his best friend!"

 

Soojung who was in the restroom chuckled. "Sesh, this girl, always thinking nonsense."

 

After cleaning herself, she was about to step out of the room. She then remembered the moment Jongin bathed and undressed her. She blushed suddenly recalling those embarrassing moments. She shook her head.

 

"It's nothing, he was just helping me." she said, trying to calm herself.

 

Because of her weak body, she decided to rest more. Before going to bed, as usual, she'll call Jongin. But before she dialled her phone rang.

 

"Jongin-ah?" she immediately answered.

 

 

Jongin's POV:

 

"Have you eaten?" I asked concernly. I was terribly worried about her since I left the house. I would like to stay for the night but I'm afraid it would be uncomfortable for the girls.

 

"Yes, thanks for everything." her sweet voice was back. It soothes me all the time hearing her like that.

 

"Have you taken your medication?"

 

"Y-yes." she stammered.

 

"Really? Soojung, don't lie to me."

 

Then I heard her let out a small sigh. "Yah, you know I hate taking them!" her voice raised a bit.

 

"Well, that is going to make you feel better! If you don't even think about me, please at least think about yourself." I replied using the same tone.

 

I heard her gulping. "Please, take your medicine."

 

"Fine." she succumed.

 

"Your med's are on your table. There's water there also. Take them now." I commanded her.

 

"Eh, how did you know?" she asked in surprise.

 

"I put it there before I went back." I explained.

 

After I heard her gulping the water, I was convinced she took her medication already.

 

"Go to sleep now, baby. Get enough rest."

 

"Hmm, good night Jongin. Take care, thanks for everything. I love you, best friend." her words struck my heart. It's the painful word again. Best friend.

 

"Good night, I love you too." I simply said.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

Jongin ended the call. He begun to hate the word best friend. Why couldn't she love him for him?

 

 

- - -

 

 

Soojung looked at her phone. Jongin ended the call already. Then Jieun's words came across her mind.

 

"Jongin will never love me. Look how he scolded me just now. Is that how you take care of someone you love? I'm just his friend." she came into conclusion.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Author's note:

Where are the comments gone? Thanks for those who have commented and subscribed already though!