007.

Is It Too Late?

"Yah! Why are you day dreaming?" Luhan's voice startled Jongin. We were sitting on his table, staring at his phone after he ended his call with Soojung.

 

Jongin opened his mouth, only to close it back. He took a deep breath, released a sigh, hoping the tense burdening him would go away. he stretched his body to relieve his back but unfortunately, his hands stricken his stationary which made them spatter.

 

Luhan looked at Jongin weirdly. 'What's wrong with him? He's getting clumsier everyday.'

 

Jongin turned to his side when he felt someone tapped his shoulder.

 

"You need someone to talk to?" Luhan asked worriedly. His never seen his friend this tensed.

 

"I don't even know what's happening to me..." Jongin let out a sigh once again.

 

"Let me guess, is it about Soojung?"

 

Jongin's eyebrow raised. "W-what? How did you know about that?"

 

Luhan chuckled. "I've been your friend since we were in high school, you know. What's wrong with the both of you? Did you both get into a fight or something?"

 

This time, Jongin sighed even louder. "I'd wish we got into a fight. At least I won't feel this insane about it."

 

Luhan tapped Jongin's shoulder once again. "Don't worry about it man. Take your time. Don't rush into things like this. It takes time. Sooner or later, everything will be clearer."

 

Jongin could just nod, agreeing to his friend. He decided not to think about it tonight. He needs to rest his head. He thought about it too much already, and it's stressing him out like hell.

 

 

- - -

 

 

It's 2:00am, Soojung was sleeping soundly when suddenly her phone rang. She grunted in frustration because her sleep was disturbed. Without looking at the screen, she answered.

 

"Hello?" she muttered.

 

"Baby?" she knew it was Jongin. He's the only one who calls her baby.

 

"Yeah, Jongin-ah, what's wrong?" she spoke with her eyes closed.

 

"Nothing, I was just checking on you. Go back to sleep, good night." he said before he hung up the phone.

 

Soojung put aside her phone and continued her sleep. Just a moment after that, her phone rang again.

 

"Yah, what's wrong?" she answered. Jongin must have forgotten to say something, she guessed.

 

"Soojung-ssi?" an unknwon voice said.

 

Soojung could not help but frown. She then opened her eyes a little, looking at the phone's screen. She could not recall the number, since it was unsaved in her phone book.

 

"Who's this? Why are you calling me at times like this?"

 

The man in the other line chuckled. "It's me, Minhyuk. Have you forgotten about me?"

 

"Oh, it's you. Why are you calling me? It's really late, you know." she grunted.

 

"Just wanted to tell you, I'll meet you tomorrow."

 

"Huh, try to find me if you can. You don't even know where I live." Soojung said getting fed up.

 

"Fine, but if I do find you, you need to go out with me."

 

"Yeah, whatever." she immediately turned off her phone, waiting to sleep not to be disturbed for the rest of the night.

 

 

- - -

 

 

The next day, Soojung was energetic enough to attend class. Luckily her class were only until 1:00pm. Today she won't be able to hang out with Jongin, since he has classes were until 5:00pm.

 

Roaming around the cafeteria, she looked for her housemates. Maybe not her lucky, she didn't see neither Jieun or Eunji. When she was near the entrance gate, her phone beeped.

 

'Aish, it's him again.' she cursed. "What do you want?"

 

"I've found you." he said. "Now, let's go out."

 

"Hahaha, you're so funny. Don't you have anything better to do besides bugging me?" Soojung sounded furious.

 

Minhyuk simply chuckled. "Yes, that's why I'm asking you to go with me. We have a date."

 

Soojung's boiling point is getting near. She took a deep breath, calming herself. "I'm sorry Minhyuk-ssi, but I didn't say I'll go out with you."

 

"Yes, you did. Last night. You said you'll go out with me if I find you." he sanctioned his statement.

 

"No, I didn't." Soojung denied. She didn't remember promising Minhyuk.

 

"Yes, you did. And by the way, you look really nice in your outfit. Nice shirt, too." praised Minhyuk.

 

That made Soojung turn to her left and right, looking for someone who might be looking at her at the moment.

 

"No need to look for me, I'm here." a sweet voice suddenly came from her back.

 

When Soojung turned, she was shocked to see Minhyuk smiling at her.

 

'This tall guy is freaking me out. How did he know I studied here?' Soojung thought.

 

"Minhyuk-ssi, what are you doing here?"

 

"I told you, I'm taking you out. No buts, let's go." he said, leading the way to his car.

 

Soojung looked at him suspiciously. 'What if he kidnaps me?'

 

"Don't worry, I won't do any harm to you. I just want to treat you to something good, as a sign repaying your kindness." he explained, as if he understood what Soojung thought. He opened the car's door, inviting Soojung to come in. Reluctantly, she went inside the car and sat down. Her body wasn't obeying her mind.

 

"Ah, by the way, you don't need to talk with formalities while talking to me. You can just simply call me Minhyu." he said as he went inside the car.

 

"Ne, Minhyuk." Soojung smiled and nodded.

 

Minhyuk drove his car and went to his destination.

 

"Please, don't stress yourself. Just enjoy the day, okay? I'm not a bad person." Minhyuk assured her.

 

Soojung finally could feel some kind of relief after she was sure Minhyuk wasn't like she imagined.

 

Seems like someone saw Soojung going into a car together with that man. Who could that be?