016.

Is It Too Late?

| 10 months later |

 

 

"Okay, thank you everybody! Great job!" the photoshoot finally ended.

 

Soojung could feel her body shivering because of too much exposure as she was only wearing  swimsuit. She was assigned to pose for Vogue's Spring Collection.

 

Soojung quickly covered her body with something thick prepared by the stylist.

 

"Huu, it's so cold!" she gritted her teeth. She felt so cold that her spine felt as if it was spice.

 

"You did a great job again, Soojung." said the shooting crew.

 

"So did everyone else, thank you all!" she bowed her head. Even though the culture in the States are different, she still practices the Korean culture.

 

"How's everything going, Jjung?" the familiar voice hit her.

 

"Naeun! Everything's going great." she answered.

 

To be alone in this foreign country, she's lucky to know someone who has the same nationality as her. She met Naeun through this modelling agency. She's also a model here, but with more experience.

 

The firs day she arrived here, Naeun was the first person who greeted her.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, are you Soojung?" she asked.

 

She remembered her eyes going round hearing Naeun greeting her in Hangul.

 

Naeun laughed at her reaction. "I'm a Korean too!" she said. "So you're the girl President Bang was talking about."

 

"Eh?" she wondered.

 

Naeun gave her a smile. "Mr Bang is our boss. He mentioned a lot about you."

 

"Omo, right! I haven't even reported to him yet! Can you show me to his office?"

 

Naeun immediately agreed. She flashed her sweet smile again. She's a girl that always has a smile attached on her face.

 

They went together to the office and came in after Mr Bang's secretary asked them to enter the office.

 

"Hello, Mr Bang. I'm Jung Soojung reporting for work." Soojung said confidently with Mr Bang's back facing them. Naeun who was standing beside her, still smiling.

 

"Welcome to the agency." he said as he turned around. Soojung's eyes widen as she saw Mr Bang. He looks younger than she thought! She imagined Mr Bang to be around 30 to 40. But the man in front of her looked like he's in his early 20's!

 

"Yah, your eyes might pop out." Naeun nudged her.

 

"Ah, I'm so sorry." she bowed.

 

"You don't have to be sorry. Welcome to F21, I'm Bang Yongguk." he dropped the formaility.

 

"I'm glad to work with you, Mr Bang." I said.

 

Yongguk chuckled as he realized that Soojung hasn't dropped the formalities yet.

 

"Just call me Yongguk, Miss Soojung." he said as he winked at her.

 

"Yah, are you flirting with your employee?" Naeun glanced at him.

 

"Relax Naeun. I don't do any harm." he said playfully.

 

Naeun sighed. "I don't know what has gotten into Mr Bang's mind when he assigned you to take over this agency." she said.

 

"Hey, I'm capable of managing this company okay. Besides, it runs in the family, don't you think so?" he said with his mesmerizing smile, never want to be underestimated.

 

Naeun smirked. "I know. It's just you're too good looking for the position."

 

Yongguk laughed hearing Naeun's joke. "So, should I be the model?" he raised his eyebrow.

 

"Huh! Dream on! Let's go, Soojung. Don't waste your time listening to his nonsense words." she dragged Soojung with her.

 

Soojung heard Yongguk laughing louder as they walked out of the office.

 

"That's our boss. He took over the company less than three months ago. Ah, he's also Korean." Naeun informed. Soojung only nodded her head. That explains his tiny eyes! As far as she knows, only Asian people possess small eyes.

 

Since then, the both of them became best friends. She felt she made a worthy decision coming here. Their management set them a house, where they live together. The house is too spacious just for the both of them.

 

"Wah... Isn't this a little to big for the both of us?" Soojung said as she first came into the house. Actually, she never thought she'll be living in this extended crib.

 

"Nah, every house in New York is like this. Just enjoy it here, okay? I'm looking forward to work with you." Naeun said, welcoming her.

 

 

- - -

 

 

"Yah Jjung, I'm talking to you!" Naeun's high pitched voice struck her ear.

 

"Ah, sorry, I was spacing out. Too tired, I guess. What did you say just now?"

 

"Let's go home, people are packing already." she repeated. Soojung nodded and walked out of the shooting set.

 

As soon as they reached home, both of them laid exhaustively on the couch. Just then, Naeun received a call.

 

"Mm omma!" She answered with a smile.

 

But not long after that, Soojung saw her frown. 'Seems like they're talking about a serious matter.' she thought.

 

She wanted Naeun to have her privacy so she decided to go inside her room, letting Naeun having the conversation freely. She was about to sleep on her bed when she she suddenly heard a loud band from the outside.

 

'It might have been Naeun banging her door. She's like that whenever she has problems.' Soojung knew her housemate's temper, she doesn't want to be disturbed at times like this. But when she's hungry she'll creep out from her room and eat whatever she wants, acting like nothing happened before.

 

Her mind wandered, remembering how long she had been in the States. She looked at her side table, there's a picture of her, Jieun and Eunji hugging each other. She held the frame and embraced it tight. She missed Jieun and Eunji. How are they doing after all this time? She wasn't able to call them often but she always thinks about them.

 

She looked at the picture again. Behind the frame, there's a picture that not even Naeun knew about its existence. She took it out and stared at the hidden picture.

 

"How are you doing now, Jongin-ah? It has almost been a year..." Soojung sihed. Suddenly her tears went down her porcelain face. She embraced his picture to relieve her paint. All this while after leaving Korea, she's still wounded.

 

She missed Jongin so much but didn't have the guts to call him. She promised herself not to bother with his life anymore. Plsu, Jongin would hate to see her again. She apologized to him the last time they met but he ignored her.

 

Because of that, she decided to build a new life. What's he point of begging over someone who really don't give a damn about you? But no matter how hard she tried to hate Jongin, her little heart still beats for him. She let out a sigh.

 

Her packed routine is really killing her but she never fails to look at the picture every time she goes to bed. Back then she would call Jongin before going to sleep but since it's impossible now, she could only hug the picture, pretended Jongin was embracing her throughout the night.

 

To be true, she still remembers Jongin's scent, how warm Jongin's touch was...

 

"Jongin-ah... I miss you so much..." her tears went down as she confessed. How could she ease the paint?

 

 

- - -

 

 

Author's note:

Hi guys! I know I'm so behind on updates and I've kept you all waiting for about two weeks now and I just wanted to apologize! My school exams have been all packed in and I didn't have time updating. But now that it's slowly calming down, I squeezed in some time to update this chapter. Please bear with me! Thanks for all the comments and subscribers that did what they did since I've been gone! I love you all!