003.

Is It Too Late?

"Yah! What's up? Missed me so much already?" Soojung said as she sat in front of him. When Jongin texted her earlier saying he wnated to meet her at their favorite hangout place, she immediately jumped off her bed as she was lying lazily on her bed. Going window shopping for the whole day made her body ache. But for her best friend, she's willing to bear the pain.

 

Jongin smiled upon hearing his best friend's last statement. 'Yeah, I missed you so much.' he thought, but he was unable to say it out. "What is I said I did mis you?" he was again, trying to know her reaction. He never had the chance to say those kind of words, not even to te girl that he used to like back then.

 

Soojung replied with a smirk. "Pffft, yeah right." she said as she called a waiter, ordering her drink.

 

Jongin couldn't expect for more. He knew she would give him those kind of answers.

 

"What's with that face? You look terrible." she said. It's weird, Jongin isn't usually like this.

 

He let out a sigh. He then looked at the girl in front of him. Then a sigh escaped from his mouth again.

 

"Don't just sigh, tell me what's wrong? Are you okay?" she started to worry about him.

 

"It's nothing actually, it's just that... My cousin is h-here. He came back just last night."

 

"Omo, which one? The one that stole your girl when though he knew how you felt about her?" she said as her eyes widen.

 

"Yeah, who else?" he said with his annoyed face. Although that incident happened four years ago, he still couldn't forget what his cousin did to him. He felt like he was betrayed by the person that he can say he trusted the most.

 

"Yah, chill man. That was about, four or five years ago? Just forget the girl, forget what your beloved cousin did to you." she said as she stressed the word 'cousin'.

 

"He's not my beloved cousin, okay?" he became annoyed. His face became bitter. Soojung laughed watching him frown.

 

"Perhaps, maybe you still have feelings for this girl hm?" The question made him frown even more. He had forgotten the girl not long after and his cousin started a relationship. It's not that he still liked the girl, he's mad because how could his own cousin do such a thing to him? To people who are blood related to him? He couldn't find a proper answer until now.

 

"Are you kidding me? She was just a crush. Puppy love. Aish, just forget about this. I think I'll ignore him whenever I see him. He's useless anyway." he made his decision.

 

"Speaking about useless, you know what? There was this useless guy that bumped into me earlier today at the mall. Because of him, I spilled my drink all over my friend. Aish, that was so embarrassing. I felt like pouring my remaining drink all over his face." Soojug told him about the incident that occured to her earlier.

 

"So what did you do? What was his name?" Jongin felt sorry for her as he was not there to help her.

 

"Ah, forget it. It's too long for me to explain. Never mind, he has his punishment. He gave me his name and card but I can't remember his name."

 

 

- - -

 

 

"Eonni!" Eunji called as she entered Soojung's room. She then heard the shower running coming from her restroom. 'She's still taking her bath.' Eunji murmured herself.

 

She then went to the dressing table, searching for her eyeliner that she lent to Soojung yesterday. She then suddenly saw something. 'Isn't this that guy's name card? I guess eonni hasn't called him yet. Keke. Let me do that favor.' she said as she searched for Soojung's cellphone.

 

She immediately spotted her phone laying on her bed, and quickly dialled the number on the name card. When she heard the ringing tone in the line, she immediately disconnected the call. After that, she went out of Soojung's room, giggly, imagining how thngs with go on after this.

 

"Someday, you'll thank me for this eonni." she smiled as she left the room.

 

After a while, Soojung finished taking her bath. While drying her hair, suddenly her phone rang. Looking at the number, her eyebrow raised. It's an unknown number. Who is it?

 

"Hello?" she answered in hesitation.

 

"Soojung?" her forehead frowned, suspecting who's this guy on the other line. How did he know her name?