013.

Is It Too Late?

Soojung's POV:

 

"From now on, let's mind out own business."

 

"Thank you for the pain you've given me."

 

"Farewell, my friend."

 

Jongin's words kept on spinning in my mind. Why am I like this? I sighed countless times after he left me. As far as I can remember, this is our first time fighting.

 

I locked myself in my room. I have no strength to face anyone right now, not even Jieun or Eunji. I laid myself on the bed. It's been a long and tiring day for me. I felt something twitching inside me. It's too painful for me. I suddenly heard someone playing Christina Aguilera's song, I turn to you. I was immersed to the lyrics.

 

When I'm lost in the rain,

In your eyes I know I'll find the light

To light my way.

 

And when I'm scared,

And losing around,

When my world is going crazy,

You can turn it all around.

 

And when I'm down you're there,

Pushing me to the top.

You're always there,

Giving me all you've got.

 

"Jongin-ah..." I mentioned his name without realizing it.

 

I turned to the empty side of my bed, I saw Jongin's image lying there. Then I turned to my side table. I saw the medicine that Jongin left for me. It's still untouched like last time. He told me to eat my medicine but I didn't. I pretended to swallow them by drinking the water.

 

I looked down to the floor. I remembered how worried Jongin was when he touched my burning face. I remembered the way he carried me when I was lying down there helplessly. My eyes trailed to my restroom. Jongin's image came across my mind again. I remembered how he bathed me, and dried me. Why is Jongin's image everywhere? I can still feel his warm touch, even it was the first and last time he embraced me.

 

For a shield from the storm,

For a friend, for a love,

To keep me safe and warm

I turn to you.

 

For the strength to be strong,

For the will to carry on,

For everything you do,

For everything that's true

I turn to you.

 

I'm so depressed. All the memories between me and Jongin rewinded in my mind. The moments we always hung out together, when we watched movies together, the moment I calmed him down when he said his cousin came back, the moment I called him every night before going to sleep, even I knew he was really busy, he still managed to answer my calls... The moment he nursed me, the moment he scolded me when I said I felt like dying, the moment I saw his happy face when I said I love him. And he even cooked for me. I continued listening to the song.

 

For the arms to be my shelter

Through all the rain,

For truth that will never change,

For someone to leave on,

For a heart I can rely on through anything,

For that one who I can run to...

 

He has done so much for me. He did his best to make me happy. But what did I do in return? I didn't trust him. And worst, I slapped him. My vision became blurry. Jongin, I've wronged you. I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to do that. I suddenly burst into tears. I sobbed, letting out whta's been killing me inside.

 

"Soojung-ah... Are you okay?" I heard Jieun knocking on my door. She went in without waiting me to welcome her in.

 

"Jieun eonni..." I couldn't let out a word. I learned on her shoulder, releasing this unbearable pain.

 

Jieun's POV:

 

"Soojung-ah... Are you okay?" I asked her. I can hear her sobs from here. I immediately came in. I was shocked when I saw her.

 

"Jieun eonni..." she called my name. I let her lean on my shoulder, letting her cry her heart out.

 

"What's wrong, Soojung? Tell me?" I said worriedly. I have never seen her crying like this. She's usually a cheerful person.

 

"Jongin..."

 

"What's wrong with Jongin? Did he so something to you?"

 

"No. I was the one who did something to him. I'm so guilty, eonni. Please help me..." Soojung's sobs became louder. Without realizing, I burst out into tears looking at her state. As if I could feel the pain she's going through.

 

"Please eonni. I need to see him. He said he wouldn't interfere with my business anymore. Does that mean he'll pretend that he doesn't know me anymore? Is he throwing me out of his life? He can't do that, I'll die! I can't go on without him..." My tears become swifter. She really loves Jongin, but she doesn't realize that.

 

"Soojung-ah, you see? You love Jongin. You said you'll die if he throws you out of his life. Didn't you realize your own feelings all this while?" Jieun looked into Soojung's eyes.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

"Soojung-ah, you see? You love Jongin. You said you'll die if he throws you out of his life. Didn't you realize your own feelings all this while?" Soojung was stunned hearing Jieun's words.

 

'I love him?' Soojung frowned. 'But I have Minhyuk...' she thought.

 

Jieun shook her head. "Soojung, in life, there are options. You can always choose what's the best. Sometimes, it's better to trust your heart, and sometimes your mind. I know you're happy being with Minhyuk, but do you think you can live without Jongin?"

 

Soojung's eyes became teary hearing Jieun's advice. "But Jongin doesn't love me..."

 

"He does, why can't you see that? Soojung-ah. I've seen the way he treats you, the way he's always concerned about you... Everything is so different when it comes to you." Jieun said softly, comforting her best friend.

 

"What should I do now? Help me please Jieun eonni..." Soojung begged.

 

"I'll see what I can do. You have to have your rets right, alright?" Jieun wiped Soojung's tears. She then tugged her in. She pitied her best friend and Jongin. There's so much for them to go through.