011.

Is It Too Late?

Soojung's POV:

 

My life is getting better and better each day. Now, my relationship with Minhyuk has been official. We declared it about two weeks ago. He's been treating me so well. Every morning before going to work, he sends me to school and fetches me after my class. He seldom failed to do so.

 

He helps me study sometimes, even willing to help with my assignments. He didn't care if he's tired because of work. He's just too good to me all the time. I wonder, what good deed have I done to my past to get this extremely kind boyfriend?

 

Every weekend, he'll come over to my house to help me clean. I can see that Jieun and Eunji accepted my decision, and they treated Minhyuk well. Minhyuk treated them as his dongsaengs. He said they're too cute and he would like to introduce them to his friends one day.

 

Every night, before going to bed, he calls me and waited for me to sleep, then he would hang up. I wonder, how much does the call cost? He said money can't be compared with his love for me. He's such a sweet talker, but I admit I love it every time he said things like that. It just made me flutter.

 

He said he wanted to introduce me to his family and friends one day. When I said it's too early, he said it's better so I could get myself used to his family. I could only agree with his plans.

 

Speaking about introducing to friends, there's one person I'd like Minhyuk to meet. But these few weeks, I hardly see him around campus. I even asked Luhan regarding his whereabouts. Luhan said he was very busy handling the Art Club, as he is the club's president. Plus, the club is organizing a national state competition.

 

I always tried texting him. He never replied, but I can sense he wasn't like the old Jongin I knew. Did I do something wrong? What have I done? Why is he distancing himself from me? Maybe it's just my feelings. But I can't help feeling this way.

 

"Minhyuk-ah, there's someone I'd like you to meet." I said to him one day.

 

"Who is it babe?" He asked as he leaned a kiss on my cheek. He loves kissing my cheek.

 

"It's my best friend." I simply said.

 

"Really?" his eyed widened. I could say, maybe he's delighted to meet him too.

 

"Yeah, he's my best, best, bestest friend. He was the one who protected, took care of me before I met you. We always hung out together. I could say, every week." I explained.

 

Minhyuk paused a while. "Babe, I'd like to request something. Can I?" he sounded a bit serious.

 

I raised my eyebrow. "Sure, what is it?"

 

"I don't like you getting too close with other guys. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I want you to be only mine, and I hate the fact that I'm sharing you with others." Minhyuk looked me in the eyes. His glaring eyes are so sharp, which one of his features I like the most.

 

I nodded my head, indicating I'll listen to him, fulfilling his request. Of course, who wants to share? I'll be in a huge hurricane if I knew I'm sharing Minhyuk with someone else. I couldn't imagine things like that happening to me. So, I guess I won't be able to introduce Minhyuk to Jongin. What a waste...

 

Tonight, Minhyuk said he couldn't call me as he was involved in a emergency meeting. I understand his situation, and I didn't want him to jeopardize his work because of me. I turned to my side, and stared at the empty space beside me. Suddenly Jongin came across my mind. He was the only one who slept with me. The incident of me almost dying because of my fever replayed in my mind.

 

He stayed with me until my temperature went down. He even bathed me, but didn't take advantage of me. Honestly, I missed Jongin. Ever since I was attached to Minhyuk, I never really talked to him. I was always looking for him but he was too busy with the Art Club's activity.

 

Luhan told me he even brought the club's working papers home to finish it. He's forcing himself too hard, I wonder how is he now? I reached for my phone. I was hesitated to call him. I strengthen myself. I dialled his number. It took about four ringing tones for him to answer my call.

 

"Hello?" he sounded exhausted.

 

Suddenly I felt my warm tears runnign down my cheeks. How I miss hearing his voice so much. He's been distancing me too much, too drastic. Ho am I supposed to adjust myself? I covered my motuh, preventing him hearing my sobs.

 

"Baby?" he called.

 

My tears couldn't stop rolling. I let out a deep breath. I couldn't say a word. I missed him calling my name.

 

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked concernly. I accidently sobbed. I can't take this anymore.

 

"Jongin-ah..." I cried, letting out what I've been keeping all this time.

 

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Don't do this Soojung." he said, making me drench more tears.

 

"I missed you so much. Why did you stop calling me? I tried calling you, but you don't even answer my calls. What was my mistake? You could have at least told me directly. I thought you loved me..." I said, sobbing non-stop.

 

"Yes, I loved you, Soojung. But I'm afraid, things are not like before. You already have your boyfriend. He can replace me..." His words broke my heart into a million pieces. How shallow could his thought be? No one can replace him in my head. Minhyuk is Minhyuk, Jongin is Jongin!

 

 

Jongin's POV:

 

I was busy finishing the club's paperwork when my phone suddenly rang. Without checking the caller's ID, I answered.

 

"Hello?" I can't help myself answering with an exhausted tone. When the caller didn't say a word, I checked the ID. It's Soojung.

 

"Baby?" the word automatically blurted from my mouth.

 

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked again when she didn't respond. I was worried to death about her. What could have happened to her? Just then, I caught her sobbing. Then her sobs became louder.

 

"Jongin-ah..." she called my name. How I missed her all this time, calling my name. I bit my lower lip, restraining myself from crying. It crushes my heart hearing her sobs. Her tears are my biggest weakness.

 

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Don't do this Soojung." I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I let them roll down. The pain is just too much to bear.

 

"I missed you so much. Why did you stop calling me? I tried caling you, but you don't even answer my calls. What was my mistake? You could have at least told me directly. I thought you loved me..." Her words really stabbed my heart.

 

Of course I love her, I'll always love her. But looking how happy she is with Minhyuk, I backed myself off. Her happiness is my happiness. Watching her happy afar is enough for me.

 

"Yes, I loved you, Soojung. But I'm afraid, things are not like before. You already have your boyfriend. He can replace me..." I could feel my tears continuously rolling down my face. I covered my mouth as I finished talking. I don't want her to know I'm crying here, feeling the pain she felt. I heard her sobbing even more. I remained silent, letting her calm herself.

 

"Shh, baby. Please stop crying. You know it breaks my heart listening to you like this." I said. If I could, I'd go to her house right now. I'll hug her and let her tears drench my clothes. I'll calm her until she stops crying. But I know, it's impossible.

 

"But I really missed you." she said, still sobbing.

 

"I missed you more, baby. Hush now, you need to go to sleep now. You have classes tomorrow." What should I do to make you stop crying? Please stop, Soojung.

 

"N-ne, al-alright. Jongin-ah, take care of yourself. Don't force yourself to work too much. I love you." I smiled hearing her words. She still worries about me.

 

"Alright, you go to sleep ne?"

 

"Mmm..."

 

"I love you Soojung. Remember that I'll always love you." I said. I don't care if she thinks I only love her as my best friend. It's okay for me, as long as I've confessed my feelings to her.

 

"Ne, I love you too, Jongin-ah. Good night."

 

I looked at my phone. She ended the call already. I looked at my wallpaper. It's a picture of me and her back then. I embraced my phone, pretending it's Soojung I was hugging. Please, God. Give me the strength to go through your test.