009.

Is It Too Late?

Jongin arrived at his family's mansion 15 minutes later. He knew his mistake. If he didn't take take his nap earlier, he wouldn't have been late for this. He can hear his family laughing, chatting so loud from the outside. He smiled cheerfully as he entered the house. He was about to greet his family pleasantly... Until he saw that one person. Him. The perosn who made him know how to hate someone. The person that betrayed his trust. The one that he used to call cousin.

 

"Oh, Jongin-ah, you're already here." Mrs Kim approached his son.

 

Jongin smiled forcefully to hide his anger against the person that annoys him the most.

 

"Where's noona?" he asked his mother, not looking at this enemy.

 

"Your sister is-"

 

"I'm here!" suddenly Jungah, Jongin's sister appeared from no where. She rushed to his brother and hugged him tightly. She missed her brother dearly.

 

"Yah, you're suffocating me! I c-can-can't breathe..." Jongin puffed.

 

Jungah didn't release him until she heard him choking. "Haha, so sorry. I just missed you!"

 

"You're insane. You must have liked it if I died in your arms, right?" Jongin countered his sister.

 

"Of course, it's one of my wishes." Jungah laughed at her brother's expression. She loves teasing him.

 

Their parents were entertained with their childrens' act. "Ah, Jongin, go greet your aunt, uncle and cousin." Jongin swallowed his saliva hearing his mother's words.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, uncle Lee, aunt." he bowed 90 degrees. "Hey Minhyuk." he lifted his head a bit.

 

"Aigoo, you've turned into a man already! It's been a long time since I last saw you." Mr Choi hugged his newphew. "How have you been? How's life so far?"

 

"Everythings great, uncle." he replied with respect.

 

At the corner of his eyes, he saw Minhyuk smirking. "Yah, Jongin-ah, long time no see cousin." he finally spoke. It has beena  while since he last heard him speak.

 

Jongin rolled his eyes hearing Minhyuk stressing the word 'cousin'.

 

"Yeah, long time no see. We have a lot to catch up on." he replied sarcastically.

 

 

- - -

 

 

The dinner went softly. His parents chattered with Uncle Lee and Minhyuk, together with his sister Jungah. He didn't concentrate on their conversation but the next thing he knew, they began laughing together.

 

Although the house was surrounded with happiness and laughter, for him, it was the most awkward and uncomfortable gathering and that made him feel stuffy. He just wanted the dinner to end quickly.

 

He excused himself from the table. He really needs some fresh air. he went to the veranda and stared at the sky. No stars were seen. He sighed loudly.

 

He took out a cigarette. He wasn't a frequent smoker, but at times like this, he really needs something to distract him from his stress.

 

"I didn't know you smoke." A voice suddenly approached him.

 

Jongin smirked. "Why? Do I have to tell you everything I do?"

 

"It's been so long since we last hung out together." Minhyuk said. It sounded so relaxed but Jongin felt like he was trying to pour gasoline on his burning heart.

 

"Yeah. we could have still been hanging out if you didn't spoil everything." Jongin annoyingly replied.

 

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow. "Why are you acting like this?"

 

"Why don't you ask yourself?" Jongin tried to control his temper.

 

"Perhaps you're still mad at me? About Jinri?" Minhyuk smirked.

 

"This has bloody nothing to do with Jinri. It's you!" Jongin's temperature risen.

 

"Me?! What have I done?" Minhyuk unbelievably asked.

 

"Huh! What have you done? For God's sake, please stop pretending!"

 

"This really is about Jinri, isn't it?" Minhyuk was getting annoyed.

 

"No! I'm talking about you! How could you have done that to me? I thought we were cousins! I even trusted you! I spilled everything inside my heart, it's because I trusted you! But what did you do? You even snatched the girl that I like! I don't care about Jinri! I'm over her after the both of you dated but that doesn't mean I've forgiven what you did!" Jongin spilled everything.

 

Minhyuk sighed. "I'm so sorry, Jongin. I never knew you'll be hurt because of this. I thought we're guys, so this thing won't happen. Besides we don't keep chicks for too long. Once we're done, that's it. It's the end."

 

"But I'm not like you, Minhyuk. You're a total player, and I know you, you'll always be. I only stick to one girl. Don't even compare me with you. We're like heaven and earth." his voice flattened.

 

"Oh, come on, Jongin. You know we both got the looks. It's easy for us to get any girls." Minhyuk tried to brainwash Jongin.

 

Jongin shook his head. "No, Minhyuk. I can't be a player. That's no me."

 

Minhyuk shrugged. "Well, if you say so. Call me anytime if you change your mind."

 

"One more thing..." Jongin stopped Minhyuk from going inside the house. "Please, let the girl go you've been flirting with around lately. She's a nice girl."

 

"Who? Soojung?" Minhyuk's eyebrow raised.

 

"Please, let her go. She's my best friend. I don't want her to be hurt." Jongin pleaded.

 

"Yah, she's my new girl. I won't let her go." Minhyuk simply laughed. 'What's wrong with him?'

 

Jongin gripped his knuckled. He felt like hitting Minhyuk straight in the face.

 

"Minhyuk, I love that girl. Please, disappear from her life." he felt his blood boiling again.

 

"And I like her too. I'm not backing off this time. We'll see, who she will choose. It's either me or you. May the best man win." he said as he left Jongin alone in the veranda.

 

Jongin accepted that as a challenge.

 

"It's either me ot you, Minhyuk. We'll see."

 

 

- - -

 

 

Author's note:

Jungah of After School will be playing as Jongin's older sister! ^^