001.

Is It Too Late?

Author's POV:

 

"You both make a beautiful couple." Soojung's eye grew bigger as she heard the old man complimenting her and the guy beside her. She burst out into luahgter. Her voice was so loud enough to attract a few people in the cinema's attention. These kinda of compliments will always be heard whenever she's with him.

 

"Ahjusshi, I think you've got the right idea. We're just friends. Best friends to be exact." Soojung said politely, smiling at the old man. "Right, Jongin-ah?" she then turned to her best friend.

 

Jongin has no choice but to nod, agreeing to her statement. If he was given the chance, he would agree to the old man, stating that Soojung is in fact his girlfriend. He once tried confessing to her, but she eventually laughed at him hysterically, considering his confession was a prank. Looking at Soojung's reaction, Jongin has no choice but to laugh along with her.

 

'She's so clueless about my feeling.' he thought.

 

 

Jongin's POV:

 

"Why didn't you agree to the old man saying that we're lovers?" I asked once the old man left us. If only she agreed with me just now, I might just be the happiest man on earth.

 

"Yah, are you crazy or what? Why would I do that? It's like I'm throwing the opportunity of getting myself a boyfriend." she said. Her expression was completely unsatisfied with my suggestion.

 

I let out a light sigh hearing her answer. 'She's really clueless.' I thought.

 

 

Author's POV:

 

Jongin didn't realize since when he started to have these kind of feelings towards his best friend, but from what he knows, he always wanted to be by her side, sharing her joy and even sadness. He wished to be the one who when shed her tears when she's feeling down, and to cheer her so she gets back her spirit.

 

"Let's watch this." Soojung pointed a horror movie. She keeps on mumbling but when she realized that Jongin wasn't paying attention to her, she tapped his shoulder.

 

"Yah, are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, wh-what did you say?" Jongin asked as he realized he was occupied with his own thoughts.

 

Soojung looked at him with frowns on her forehead. 'What's wrong with him?' she asked herself. "I said I wanna watch this." she repeated.

 

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go inside." he said as he grabbed Soojung's wrist and lead her to the hall. They then stopped suddenly causing Soojung to bump her nose with his shoulder. Jongin then turned around to her with a wide grin.

 

"We don't have ticket." he said. 'Aish, damn! How could I forget about this thing?' he cursed himself for acting this way.

 

"Go and buy them then!" Soojung said. He then went to to the counter buying the tickers before they entered the hall together.