Ch. 22 It can't be

Close Your Eyes

 

Nichkhun walk up to Joon with clean trauma pads in his hand, Jessica take the pads off his hand and kneel on her knee in front of him. Nichkhun walk up to Yoona and pull her with him out of the house, giving Jessica sometime alone with Joon in the house. 
 
“What happen oppa?” Yoona ask as she look at him. 
 
“Joon was betray. He has been set up as a bait.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“A bait?” Yoona ask. 
 
Nichkhun nods. “Rain will slowly get rid of us one by one.” He say. 
 
“What do we do oppa?” 
 
“We go with our plan now. We have to kill him.” 
 
Yoona eyes widen in shock. “We—we kill?” 
 
Nichkhun turn his body around and look at her into the eyes. 
 
“It’s time we take revenge.” 
 
Yoona blink in confusedness as she looks away. 
 
Back in the house. 
 
“Lea—leave.” Joon grunt in pain. 
 
Jessica ignore him and place the pads on his left lower chest, 5 inches away from center of his (heart). Joon quickly hold her hand and stop her. 
 
“What…what are you… doing here?” Joon stutter in pain. “You—you shouldn’t… shouldn’t be here.” He tries to speak. “You… you…” 
 
“Stop talking and stay still.” Jessica finally speak. 
 
Joon blink blankly as he look at her, Jessica press the pad on his wound again. Joon stop her again.
 
“If you’re here…. Ra—Rain will know.” 
 
“It doesn’t matter.” 
 
“It does to me!” Joon raise his voice. 
 
Jessica stop and look into his eyes. A silent between them as they look into each other eyes. Jessica feel her tears evolving around her eyes again as she look into his concern and worry eyes. 
 
“What about you?” Jessica say sadly. Joon look at her dumbly. “You matter to me.” 
 
Joon in shock, loosen his grip as he strengths weaken to her words. 
 
“You want to protect me. I also want to protect you.” she continue as tears fall slowly down her eyes. “I can’t loose another important person in my life.” 
 
“I can’t loose you either…but… but I can’t have you here.” 
 
“Why?”
 
Joon tries to sit up and lift his feet off the couch. Joon tries to smiles through his dry lips and he lift his right hand (which has less blood than his left) and touch her cheek. 
 
“Leave the country.” Joon say weakly. “Don’t… don’t come back.” 
 
“What about you?” 
 
“I can’t…” Joon chuckle, “I don’t I will… make it out of here ali…..” 
 
Jessica quickly shut his mouth with her lips. Joon were shock as he feel her lips on his. He freeze for a moment before he move his lips and kiss her back softly at first. Jessica tears keep running down her eyes as they kiss passion with her arms slowly sliding to his back. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
After the check-up, Dambi and Kahi walk to Dambi’s car. She take out her phone and dial Nichkhun number. The first time, he didn’t answer. Kahi dial again, he didn’t answer again. She try one more time, still the same result. 
 
“He didn’t answer the phone.” Dambi ask. 
 
Kahi silently hold her phone in her hand. 
 
“Who is he anyway? Have I met him before?” Dambi ask. 
 
Kahi didn’t answer. 
 
“Is he planning not to take responsibility for the child? You should call him again or go look for him?” Dambi continue to ask. 
 
Suddenly a phone ring but it wasn’t Kahi phone, instead it was Dambi. She put the phone on speaker. 
 
“Annyoung Inspector Yunho.” Say Dambi. 
 
“Where are you? I need you to come back to the station. Is Kahi with you?” Yunho ask. 
 
“She is.” Dambi answer. 
 
“You and her need to report back to the station immediately. We have an important meeting.” Yunho order. 
 
“Yes sir.” Say Dambi before she hang up and look at Kahi. 
 
Both become curious, Dambi start driving back to the station. The girls head straight into the meeting room. 
 
“Have you seen Siwon?” Changmin ask. 
 
Both of them shake their head no, Changmin sigh and signal them to grab a seat. Kahi and Dambi grab a seat next to Taecyeon around the long table. Yunho walk into the room with files in his hand. He put on the table and turn off the light. Yunho plug the USB drive into the laptop that is connect to the projector. The smart board go on and Kahi went shock-seeing Nichkhun picture alone with Yoona, Rain, Joon, and Jessica along with other pictures. 
 
“Ommo, isn’t that guy that rescue you from the club last time?” Dambi whisper to Kahi. 
 
Kahi was still shock looking at Nichkhun picture. 
 
“I call all of you here because one, we finally found the evidence to the case. Two, I need everyone of you to know that we will be taking action once we find their location.” Say Yunho. 
 
Kahi look lost away from the screen. 
 
“It can’t be.” Taecyeon whisper in shock as he look at Yoona picture.
 
“Today, we have found out the he was doing two trade. One in Incheon and the other in in Busan. One trade fail and it was only a bait.” Say Yunho. 
 
Changmin stand up and walk up to the screen and point at the picture, starting with Rain. 
 
“Rain had been controlling the underworld trade and gang life since he was 16. He had killed many people and adopt their kid to make them his.” Say Changmin, he move his finger to Joon. “This is Lee Joon, Rain personal man. He had handle many trade and was spot at Incheon today. The trade fail and from what I heard who was at the scene say that he was injure.” 
 
Yunho point at Jessica, “Jung Jessica, 22 year old. Her family was kid by Rain when she was only 6. She had been under Rain since then and is the manager at the club in Gangnam.” He say. Yunho move his hand to Yoona. “Horvejkul Yoona, she and her brother had been under Rain since their parent were killed. She and her brother is the best assassinate under Rain. She was also the one that attack us last time.” He move to Nichkhun picture, “Nichkhun Horvejkul, the no. 2 criminal we want beside Rain. He had killed Mr. Simon and many other big shareholder in the world. His move is sharp and fast. One of the most dangerous criminal out there in South Korea.” 
 
Taecyeon grip his fist tightly while Kahi hold her phone tightly. The light goes on, Yunho hand out one and every one in the room a file to read and look at. Kahi shakily open the file and look straight at Nichkhun. She think about the time and words Nichkhun had said to her. 
 
“Hi we meet again”
 
“I’m Nichkhun.” 
 
“Let’s have a date.” 
 
“Be my girlfriend.” 
 
“Je t’aime Kahi.” 
 
She shake her head and erase the thoughts in her head. Sitting for two hours, the meeting was over and everybody walk out of the room. Kahi feel unwell and quickly rush to the bathroom. Taecyeon walk to the staircase hall and dial Yoona number. Anxiously he walk back and forth as he wait for her to answer her call. 
 
“Oppa.” Yoona answer. 
 
“Yoona, where are you? I need to talk to you. I have a lot of thing to ask you.” say Taecyeon anxiously. 
 
“I can’t right now.” Say Yoona. 
 
“This is important Yoona.” Say Taecyeon. “I need to ask if you are...” 
 
Taecyeon stop when he remember Yunho saying to keep this a secret.
 
“Oppa?” Yoona say. 
 
“I need to see you Yoona.” Say Taecyeon. 
 
“I’m sorry oppa, but I’m not in town right now.” Yoona lied. “I promise I’ll come see you once I’m back.” 
 
“Yoona, we have to go in.” Say Nichkhun over the phone.
 
“I call you later.” Say Yoona before she hang up. 
 
“Yoo…” He stop went he hear the beep sound. “Aishii!!!” he punch the wall hard.
 
To be continue…………