First Impression

Secret Love

L POV
 

I saw Hyuna and this new kid  walk into the room. They looked so happy together, the way he made her laugh. I wonder if they're dating... C'mon L! You are the mighty L!!! You can't let some loser girl ruin your day like this.

But the problem is, she isn't just some loser girl. She was my first love.

 

 

FLASHBACK

New year here at Woolim High School.

All of the envious and awed looks, girls following me around like a magnet, and work. Whoopee...The only thing I'm really looking forward to is hanging out with my friends everyday. My parents are pretty strict about my education, although there's nothing to worry about. I get straight A's anyway. I'm going to inherit their company soon. I always have to attend meetings, even though I don't do anything. At least during the school year, I can make up excuses.

I finally came back to my senses and noticed that I've been laying motionless on my bed for the past ten minutes. Weird how time passes by for me. Oh well, time to get ready.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I finished getting dressed and headed downstairs only to be greeted by my the butler, Mr. Loung. We've gotten pretty close over the years. He's like a second father to me, but older. The house is empty most of the time except for me and Mr. Loung and, of course, the maids. -sigh-

I ate a fancy breakfeast, as always, and I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door before the driver came out. He always urges me to let him drive me since it's safer, but everyone knows that I prefer walking. It gives me a look at reality. And it gives me more time to goof off with my hyungs. I walked over to Woohyun's house. Arghh...He said he was going to come out early this time. Dumb hyung. He needs to set an alarm. After about ten minutes, he finally came out.

"Hyung, set an alarm! You're late again. Hurry up before we're late." I pulled him out of the door and pushed him out.

"Geeze, I was just tired. You don't need to be so cranky." He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"C'mon! We only hav five minutes left!" We started to run like maniacs to get to class. I guess the rest of my friends are there already.

We got there just in time. Panting and sweating, we ran to our seperate classes. I ignored the crazy screaming of girls. Girls and their horomones.

I tried to brush myself off before I opened the door to the classroom. Nice way to start the day, right? I rushed over to a seat near the window and saw my hyung, Dongwoo. He cheekily grinned at me as the tardy bell rang. Whew. Just in time.

The teacher turned around and started to speak, but the door flew open and this really cute girl burst into the room.

"Hey-is this...Mrs. Lee's...room..." She looked exhausted and was panting loudly.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm Ms. Wong. Mrs. Lee is upstairs. It's a good thing tardies don't count on the first day, missy. Get to class."

"Ok, thanks." and she rushed out of the door.

Woa...I couldn't stop staring. I felt bad when she left the class. I usually ignore girls, but she's different. There's something about her. I need to know her name. I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. I have a weird feeling, like I'm somehow drawn to her. I couldn't concentrate on any of my classes, although it wasn't really important. Just a few ground rules, general information, blah blah blah...

What's really important to me right now is looking for thay girl. She makes me...happy. I don't even know her, which makes ot a lot weirder. She's just cute, bubbly, and unlike anyone else I've ever met. I can already tell that she's a kind person, even after only a few seconds. I daydreamed the whole time. I went through three periods like that. My hyungs were trying to snap me oit of it, but I barely even noticed them. I must look like some idiot. But I don't care.

Ughh. I'm going crazy. I don't know what to do. Well, I'll have to snap out of it sometime. It's time for fourth period. Might as well it up. Hoya, my other hyung, opened the door and I tried to calm my nerves and hesitantly walked into the classroom. I tried to concentrate on something else. Anything. I tried to listen to the sighs and screaming girls around me. Not working! I just sat down and my buddy sat next to me. I think he was talking, but I'm not sure. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME TODAY?!?! 

I'm not aware of my surroundings at all. I'm not even sure if I'm in the same classroom, but Hoya brought me here.
He's the responsible and mature one. He wouldn't get me in trouble.

I had this weird feeling that something was going to happen. I stared at the doorway for what seemed like hours. Then suddenly... BOOM. I realized that I knocked my chair down while struggling to stand up. The whole class was looking at me and the teacher looked at me like i was crazy. But it doesn't matter to me right now because the girl I've been looking for is standing right in front of me. The girl whose been driving me mad all these hours, ever since she accidentily walked into my classroom. 

She looked pretty freaked out, but that didn't occur to me until Hoya pulled me back into my seat (which was now securely on the ground) and whispered,"DUDE, WTH?!?! You're going to have to wait until the end of the period to meet her. We're in class and I think you've freaked her out. Just chill." I listened to my reasonable friend for once today. 

"Ok, you're right. I overreacted....." I came back to Earth and tried listening to what the teacher was saying. I'll do it, for her.The girl whose been haunting my mind.  I can't wait for lunch. 

Class continued on for what seemed like forever.. I was anxious to meet the girl. After about a CENTURY, the bell rang, signalling lunch time. Woohoo! -fist pump- I rushed over to HER. She's alone. PERFECT.

She turned around and faced me. We awkwardly stared at each other. C'MON L!! SAY SOMETHING!! I opened my,mouth to talk, but nothing came out. I heard snickering in the back and turned around. Sure enough, my hyungs were laughing at me.OHGOD.

"Um..can I help you?" Great. The girl makes the first move. I'm so pathetic, but relieved.

" Uhh....I-I just wanted to s-say hi? ......I think you're nice....heheh..." OHMYFUDGE. Did I just stutter? I never stutter. What has gotten into me?

"Erm...thanks..I guess. Hello..." She looked scared, but I couldn't blame her.

"Hyuna, hurry up!" I saw a group of girls waiting by the doorway. I'm guessing they're her friends...

Things just got worst.

I left before she could reply. How can I let this happen? Ugghhh...Get yourself together L!!! Why am I suddenly like this? Aish.  I could hear my friends snickering as I passed by. I feel so humiliated!! I never felt this way before and I don't like it. I rushed past them and ran away. I wasn't even paying attention to where I was going. Then, I realized...that I was now on the rooftop of some building. I don't even know where I am. I just can't take it, but...this girl. She's special. I can't give up yet. Besides, it's only the first day! I can't get overdramatic already! 

After a while, the bell rang and I rushed to class. I started to smile. I won't give up on you...Hyuna. Even if we're interrupted. I can already tell that you're too special

I don't know why I overreacted, but...I never gave up on her. . . Until that guy showed up. 

And whenever things got complicated I would just sit on the rooftop. It calms me down. No one knows about it, but me. It's my favorite place...

 

YOUR POV
 

After the incident with L, I froze completely. I finally came out of my daze when Zelo tapped my shoulder. 

"What was the all about?" He asked. I knew he was trying to help, but his tone sort of scared me.

"Uhh....H-he just wanted to......ehhh.." I don't know what to say... I mean, what could I say without him getting worried?

"He was threatning you, wasn't he? Ugghh! I hate him! That little p-" He looked like he was going to explode any minute now. 

"Zelo! Calm down. No harm was done, ok? Thanks for protecting me, though. C'mon, let's go to lunch!" I cherrfully said. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away to look for the rest of my friends.