Loving For A Moment

Say That You Love Me

Six Months Later...

"What?!"

Sean shouted in Chun's ear that afternoon. Chun could only flinch at him shouting. "You cancelled your date again?!" Sean shouted again. Annoyed, Chun covered Sean's mouth. "Shut up, or Ella will hear you." he told her. Once Sean calmed down, Chun let him go. "But... why? Rainie is a nice girl." Sean said. Chun just shook his head. 

"Hey, Chun. Don't tell me after all this time, you're still not over Tiffany." Sean asked. "I have learn to accep the fact that Tiffany and I aren't meant to be." Chun told him. "Then, why not start dating again?" Sean pried. "Because I've been in a relationship for almost 10 years, and I want to experience what it's like to be single for a while."  Chun told him. 

Across his office, he saw Ella walking back to her table. "It's nice to be single for a while." he said. Sean looked at Ella's direction, and back at him. "I think I know why you don't want to date. It's Ella, right?" Sean asked. 

Sean is the only person Chun had confided to with regards to his feelings with Ella. He knew how hurt Chun was when she got married. "It's hard to forget her." Chun said. "But you know, she's already married to the love of herlife. You too should try to move on. Ella is happy now, so try to be happy as well." Sean told him. 

Chun knew his friend is right, but even if he dates other girls, only one girl is in his heart. And that is Ella. "Maybe I will never love again." he said. Sean let out a sigh. "Chun, one day, you'll learn to love again." Sean said. "Maybe if I get to learn how to unlove her." Chun said sadly as he watched her. laugh with her colleagues. 

He knew it would take a long time for him to learn to let her go, and to learn to love someone else. 

--

"Hey, Chun. Are you busy?" Ella asked. Chun looked up, and saw Ella peeking by his door. "No. My meeting just got cancelled. Why?" he asked. "Do you want to go and get some coffee?" she asked. Chun nodded his head. "Sure, why not. I could use a little break." he replied.

They went to the coffee shop a block away from their office. Chun was about to pay for their orders, but Ella insisted on paying for their coffee. "My treat." she said as she handed the cashier her card. "No, it should be my treat." Chun said, insisting to pay. "Wu Chun, if you don't let me pay, then you don't consider me as your best friend." she said. Chun let out a sigh, and let Ella pay for their drinks.

They settled at a table at the corner. Both of them were silently sipping on their coffee. "Chun..." Ella finally said, breaking their silence. "Hmmm...." he answered. "I want to tell you something. But you have to promise me, you won't tell anyone yet. Not even Calvin, or my sister." she said. Chun nodded his head. "I... I went to my doctor this morning and..."

She let out a smile as her cheeks became pink. He already had an idea what she was about to say, but she just let her. "Chun... I'm pregnant." she finally said. Chun put his cup down, and smiled at her. "Really?" he asked. Ella nodded her head. "It's confirmed." she said. Chun let out a laugh. He stood up, and walked towards his best friend to give her a hug. "I'm so happy for you!" he said.

Then, he found himself with tears in his eyes. "I'm so happy for you..." he repeated. Ella looked up at him. "Why are you crying? You shouldn't cry if you're happy for me." she said. "When are you planning to tell Calvin?"

"Tonight."

"I'm going to be your baby's godfather, right?"

"I wouldn't want any other godfather for my first born than my best friend."

Chun forced himself to smile. He have to finally accept the face that his best friend, the girl he loves is finally starting a family with her husband. "You know, Calvin is so lucky to have you." he said. "I think I'm more lucky to have him. Chun, we've always wanted to have a child. We've always wanted a big family. Our dream is finally coming true." she said.

Chun pulled her into a hug and then kissed her on the forehead.

--

"Do you see how stupid I am?" Chun said as he took another sip of his whiskey. "I let go of the girl I love. Now, she's living her dream life without me." he said. Sean looked at Chun, and continued to listen to him. "Why didn't I realize earlier that she's the oneI love? I shouldn't have wasted 10 years of my life with a girl who will only hurt me." he said bitterly.

"Chun, you need to let her go." Sean said. "That was supposed to be my life. That was supposed to be my happy ending. I should be the one she's loving. I should be the one she married. Hell, I... I should have been the fsther of her child." Chun said. Then, he turned to face Sean. "But I was so stupid." he said.

Sean let out a sigh. "You're not stupid, Chun. It's just that... maybe you two are not meant to be. She may not be your happy ending, but you'll have yours too. It might be her, but it might be someone who will love you and who you will love." Sean advised him.

"Why does it still hurt?" Chun asked. "Why can't I move on? I've always told myself, Chun, you need to let her go. Find someone else to love. Just treat her as your best friend. But each time I look at her, I just fall all over again." He gulped down his whiskey, and then poured himself another one. "Chun, stop drinking." Sean reprimanded. Chun let out a chuckle. "Sean, this is the only way I can ease the pain..." he said as he downed his drink.

--

"Wow, are we having a feast?" Calvin said as he went to the dining room. Ella was busy taking out all of his favorite food from the kitchen. "Well, I was in a good mood to cook. So, I did." she said. "And all my favorites too!" Calvin said as he sat down. He turned to his wife, and held her hand. "I have the best wife in the world." he said. Ella just smiled at him. "Why don't you start eating, while I take out the other food I prepared, OK?" she asked.

She went back to the kitchen, and watched as Calvin find her little surprise. She hid it uder the napkin beside him. As he took the napkin, Calvin noticed a paper. He took it, and read it's content. Ella let out a smile as she watched for his reaction. "Ella?" he called. Ella went back to him. There was a look of disbelief in his face.

"Is... is this true? You're..." Calvin asked. Ella nodded her head. Calvin stared at the paper again. "I'm... I'm going to be a father?" he asked. "You're going to be a father." she assured her. Calvin jumped on his seat, and hugged her tight. "I'm so happy, Ella. I'm so happy..." he said. Then, he cupped her cheeks and kissed her.

"I promise, I'll take good care of you and the baby." Calvin said. "I know you would." she said. Then, Calvin pulled her into a hug. It's a happy and blissful life for them. And shw wish it would be that way forever.

But it wouldn't.

--

How do you learn to give up?

How to you learn to let go?

Why is it everytime I see her, I could only love her even more...

But I want her to be happy...

Even if it means I always fake a smile in front of her...

Even if it means putting a brave front in front of her...

I want her to be happy

And I will do my best to protect her happiness