P R O L O G U E: Before The Big Event Occurs. (Part 2)

My Boyfriend Is A Nine-Tailed Fox Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Story Behind Im Hwajae And Jung Jinyoung

(PART II)
========================================================================

FLASHBACK

A few more weeks have passed...Then it turned into months...Until it finally reached years.

"In celebration of the Ims being here for a few successful and fruitful years, I'd like to have a huge celebration this evening!" Miho declared in between the quiet, dining atmosphere. Daewoong agreed to it since he was also growing fond of the kids. "Why not?" He smiled at his loving wife. Later in the day, the celebration commenced. It was fun for the most part until a little unnoticed commotion happened between Hwajae and Jinyoung in the garden.

"Jin! It's been our 5th year! You still don't wanna be my friend?" She curiously asked with hopeful eyes. She was a bit taken aback by Jinyoung's reaction. He glared at her, "You know what Hwajae, I'm seriously annoyed! YES! YOU'RE RIGHT! It's been 5 years! But why can't you get this message through your thick skull: I DO. NOT. WANT. TO BE. YOUR. FRIEND!" He emphasized each word at her with a very disturbing distance. Unaware that he had pierced the girl's heart deeply, Hwajae still managed to speak, letting out a piece of her thoughts. "To be honest Jin, I know that you already knew the reason to my behavior a long time ago. But you know what, I'm also surprised myself why I can't give up on you! Whatever did you do to me and my heart?! WHY CAN'T I HATE SOMEONE AS MEAN, COLD AND STUBBORN AS YOU?!" She finally snapped at him.

The moment Jinyoung stepped towards her, she also did the most possible reaction - Taking a step back. Not knowing that the steep stone bridge had already came to it's limit, Hwajae took another step back, falling into the icy cold pond. Jinyoung knew well that Fire Children, like Hwajae and her siblings don't do good with waterforms. As much as he had forced it upon himself to ignore her, he couldn't deny it to himself - She somehow grew onto him. As weak and immune Fire Children are to water, Fire Elementals are too. However, he thoughtlessly shrugged the risks and jumped in the pond to save her.

"J-Jin!" Hwajae cried as he held onto the boy. "It's fine. I'm here Jae. Everything will be fine now." Jinyoung held her in an embrace as the two of them struggled heir way out of the deep, cold and dark pond. When he thought he would be done for with Hwajae, he raised his hand, where his birth ring was. The stone on the metal ring seemed to glow so bright that everyone in the celebration had gathered on the scene and rescued the two immediately.

JINYOUNG'S BIRTH RING:


By the time they got up on dry land, Jinyoung felt himself weaken but before he lost consciousness, he managed to let out a message he had been intending to tell Hwajae. "Hey, Im Hwajae. You troublesome kid." He chuckled weakly as he reached for the pockets of his drenched hanbok. "Here you go." He took Hwajae's hand and placed a ring on it. "J-Jin?" She croaked, tears mixing with the water from the pond on her skin. "A Late Birthday gift and also a Friendship Ring. Hope you keep in mind that from now on, Im Hwajae, the troublesome kid, the Fire Child, is hereon, Jung Jinyoung's VERY FIRST friend, ARASSO?" He managed to act tough before the servants took him to the little infirmary within their house.

HWAJAE'S RING:


After the situation was settled, the celebration resumed. However, you excused yourself since you wanted to stay with Jinyoung so that you could watch over how he's doing. daewoong and Miho understood and happily agreed with your request. 'At last, he finally opened up his heart to her.' Miho smiled to herself as she looked at Hwajae's retreating figure from the halls.

INFIRMARY:


As soon as Hwajae arrived at the infirmary area of the Jungs' huge mansion, she ran to the bed where Jinyoung rested. She was on the verge oftears as she gently Jinyoung's cheek, being careful enough not to wake him. "I'm really sorry Jin." That's it. Tears fell down her cheeks and immediately landed on top of Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter