Soulful Promises And Solemn Oaths - Our Special Friendship.

My Boyfriend Is A Nine-Tailed Fox Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the HIATUS now OFFICIALLY over,
I bring to you, hot and fresh: The 25th Chapter to this fic :)
Hope you'd all enjoy and comment :D

The moment both of you remembered that everyone else was still in the room – implying that they too had witnessed EVERYTHING that had transpired – both of you, or rather, you sprang up away from Jinyoung, feeling how the boys and your sister have been giving you two stares. In particular, your sister was giving Jinyoung a piercing stare. “Way to go, Jinyoung-ah. Stealing my little sister's first kiss right in front of her only sister and guardian. Nice moves you got there.” Jinah sarcastically remarked before pointing over Jinyoung with the same sharp glare. “Now get off before I tie a leash on you again. And you also better do some explaining about what kind of madness went on within your body.” She added before butting in between you and Jinyoung, her protective and motherly instincts overpowering the pained feelings from moments ago.

 

“Oh, about that. Full moon thing. It used to happen to me back in our time...it's like some cycle that my body goes with since I'm partly of fox essence and partly human.”

 

Then he turned to face you.

 

“Back then, I really felt burdened by its untimely switch. I had to wait for about one week to half a month for me to get back to my human form. Well, actually, when I'm on that fox form...I don't really get much control over my senses and mind so...Sorry...for...uhh, that one awhile ago Jaehwa-ah.”

 

Then you immediately recalled the kiss.

 

“Wel- Uhh, that happened because of your fox side. And...we can all just forget about it for convenience and friendship's sake.”

 

You nodded, feeling how your face must've rivaled that of a ripe tomato's.

 

“But...the thing is...Well you see Jaehwa-ah, back in our time, there was this myth or legend or superstitious belief about rare cases like mine.”

 

Seeing Jinyoung tense up like that, as if the belief he was about to tell all of you right then and there was really serious, you as well felt a bit nervous.

 

 

“Lady Miho! Lady Miho! Help! Help! Young Master Jinyoung! The Young Master fainted!”

 

In a rush, the door to a younger Jinyoung's room slid open.

 

“What has happened? Why did my son faint?”

 

The maid, frantic and still left in shock at how sudden the things went by, stuttered her reply.

 

“W-Well...he asked me to fetch him some snacks and a drink, since he had always complained throughout the day how he felt extremely...disturbed and...uncomfortable.”

 

Miho took notice of how his unconscious son lay on his bed, profusely sweating and terribly pale.

 

As she approached the boy, she felt a strange energy radiate from him, as if her son's soul was slowly thinning on its power, as if it's about to slip away.

 

When the realization had hit her, she felt as if she too weak to even keep her composure up.

 

“Please leave. I'll be here to nurse after my son.”

 

When the maid had left, Miho finally gave up on showing her fake composure as she fell on her knees beside her son's sleeping figure.

 

“My dear Jinyoung...I'm afraid this time around...with this curse eating up at your future, I can't help anymore. I'm so sorry Mother's this weak that she can't even save her own son from one stupid curse that'd make you suffer.”

 

She wiped her tears before recalling the legend, silently and softly retelling it to a sleeping Jinyoung, as if he could've heard her. But nonetheless, she continued to do so.

 

“I never believed that the curse would prove itself to be real after all, my son. That damned curse – that if a male offspring is born from a gumiho, he'd have to live most of his mature years under the control of his inner essence: the fox spirit that resides in him. And what more drama would it be if the tale had to be solved with the power of something far stronger than the curse.”

 

A sigh escaped Miho before her the stray strands of hair from Jinyoungs's face.

 

“That one little thing that rises above all other emotions, all other pains, all other curses. My beloved son, you'd have to suffer as much if you won't find that one person who has the power to save you. Our lineage was made and designed to suffer this way, but what I've feared of happening is this – that you'd inherit the curse, that you'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter