The Truth

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 21: The Truth

 


 

No. He couldn’t lie, she was too dead serious and as much as he hated to admit it, He, the great Kim Heechul, was afraid of telling a lie to his soon-to-be wife!

“Don’t you dare tell a lie”

She warned, he let out a heavy sigh, the car began to drive off and it seemed so slow. Heechul turned to Youngmi who looked at him with dead serious eyes. She was supposed to be adorable and cute and not scary but why was she such a monster when she’s serious?! It irritated Heechul to say the least.

“It’s my ex-girlfriend”

He began; she raised a brow at him

“Your... ex-girlfriend? Who?”

“Remember that girl at the hospital that night I fetched you there unexpectedly?”

She fell quiet for a moment and tried to think, taking herself back to that night he was talking about then she remembered

“Hye Rin was her name; that was your ex?”

“As unbelievable as it may seem and as am I too damn beautiful for her, yes”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at him

“So wait, she’s the one who threw a rock at my window? A rock?! Not a pebble but a rock!?”

Heechul shrugged

“Most probably, this is why I’m pissed off right now”

He frowned as his hands balled to a fist and he looked out the window; Youngmi crossed her arms over her chest feeling a little sting from her wound as she moved her arm.

“So what now? Why didn’t you tell the police?”

She asked, Heechul sighed and rubbed his temples

“We need to hire security for the wedding and at all costs she mustn’t know of the details regarding the place and time”

Her eyes widened at his suggestion –or order if you put it-

“Bwo?! What are we? The president and the first lady?!”

He raised his voice a little as he answered her back

“Do you want this wedding to go smoothly or not?!”

Youngmi frowned and looked away from him; she took her phone out and called the wedding organizer, Haera.

 “Ms. Haera”

“Ah, Youngmi-ssi! Good news, I have booked up the place for the special day!”

“Ahhh, that’s good but I have one request, if it’s okay with you”

“Really? What is it?”

She let out a sigh and glanced at Heechul who kept looking out of the window

“Do you have the power to hire security for the wedding day?”

“Security? What for?”

“Uhm, just incase of emergencies... you know, someone unwanted might bash the occasion and we just really want everything to go smoothly”

“Ah, araso –well, I’ll see what I can do, I’ll call you later to let you know”

“Kamsahamnida Ms. Haera, sorry for the trouble”

“Oh it’s nothing dear! Anything for my biggest clients”

“Kamsa ~”

She placed the phone away; Heechul was still looking out the window with a grumpy frown on his face.

“What did she say?”

He asked

“She said she’ll see what she can do and she’ll call me later”

Youngmi puffed out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair, she scooted closer to the opposite window, and the space between them was so disturbing because of the distance away from each other.

“Where are we going again oppa?”

She asked breaking the silence; Heechul merely gave her a reply in a mumble

“Leeteuk-hyung wants to see us; he has a schedule right now so we’ll just go to where he is then lunch with my sister”

“Oh... where’s Leeteuk-oppa?”

“He’s recording an episode for Star King”

Heechul glanced at the road ahead on the front window of the car as it slowly came to a stop; the car parked up on the side of the road, fan girls and photographers were outside the studio building and they seemed to have been startled by the sudden appearance of a car; two security guards came and opened the door to Heechul’s side, he held out his hand to her as he got out first.

Youngmi was greeted by the screaming fans and the flashing cameras as soon as she exited the car holding Heechul’s hand; security helped them through and so far so good.

“Unnie! Let’s take a picture!”

She heard one girl say in the midst of all the commotion, she pulled Heechul back making him turn to her in confusion.

“What?!”

He leaned in his ear to her stopping the middle of the compressing crowd of people

“She wants a picture!”

“Who?!”

She pulled Heechul back along to the girl where a couple more asked for Heechul’s autograph; unexpectedly some also asked her to sign the items they held out. Heechul was startled by the sudden wishes of the fans but he let them be, Youngmi gladly wrote short messages and even posed for photos with Heechul for the fans.

After the short moment of experience under the spotlight, the couple moved on and entered the building. Heechul rubbed both his ears.

“I think I’ve gone deaf”

He complained as she chuckled; Heechul grabbed her hand once again and they both made their way around the building to see Leeteuk.

“But they’re warming up to you Youngmi-ah”

He somehow smiled and she smiled back; he pulled his phone out from his pocket and released her hand.

“I must check twitter”

He said; he saw some of the fans tweets and some had even posted the photos from just a little ago.

“Yah, this one’s really sweet!”

He handed her the phone and made her read the tweet of which a photo of Heechul, her and two fans was attached, she read

@XXXXX: Kya! @heedictator & Youngmi-unnie are so nice! Kamsahamnida for the photo!

She couldn’t help but smile; first time she’s read a tweet like that. Scrolling down some more, she found another tweet with a photo of her and three fans; Heechul wasn’t involved in the photo.

@XXXXX: @heedictator oppa’s fiancée is pretty upclose and so nice to take the time for photos too! Her aegyo is so effortless, me jelly! :>

She handed Heechul back his phone to which the dictator found more; they both entered the elevator and Heechul pressed a button.

“Aigo, I should tweet something nice”

@heedictator: Petals & ELFs thank you for warming up to Youngmi-ah ~ she’s pretty neh? Kamsahamnida, I hope you all continue to look forward to a positive tomorrow! Saranghae <3

“You’re too happy Heechul”

She commented and the elevator doors opened and they both walked out

“Not all of your fans like me you know, some still are after me”

“Atleast some are warming up to you, eventually everyone will; you’re too precious to me to be hated by them”

They took a few turns, greeting some sunbaes along the way and some hoobaes too. They happened to come across Sistar’s Hyorin & Bora who were recording for a show too in the same building.

“Oh before I forget, this is Youngmi”

Heechul introduced her to the two who exchanged bows and handshakes

“Omo ~ you really are pretty in person unnie!”

Bora commented making Youngmi fluster a bit but then gave a ‘thanks’ for the compliment of some sort. The four conversed for awhile; Bora & Hyorin were still not called for so they had time on their hands which relieved Youngmi since she didn’t want to trouble anyone.

“Unnie, we should get lunch some time together! Heechul-oppa won’t tell us how he proposed to you!”

Hyorin stated making Youngmi chuckle and glance at Heechul who pretended not to hear because he was busy texting.

“Sure, I’d love to go to lunch with you”

Youngmi smiled making Bora squeal and pinch her cheeks which surprised her but Bora could care less, she was just so charming and cute and so impossible to resist. Her cheeks were so soft and chubby too.

“Well we have to go Youngmi ~ I’ll see you girls around”

“Neh, annyeong oppa! Annyeong unnie!”

They both bid the couple goodbye; Heechul pulled along his fiancée until such time that they had reached Leeteuk’s dressing room where the leader was resting before going out to shoot the next half of the show again. The leader jumped off his seat and embraced Youngmi upon seeing her.

Leeteuk gripped her arms making her wince and he immediately let go in surprise.

“Omo ~ did I hurt you? Mianhe!”

“Ah, aniyo –I just have a scratch here oppa, no worries”

Leeteuk saw Heechul frown and so he asked the dictator

“What happened?”

Heechul sighed and cut the explanation short; Leeteuk was surprised to hear the incident and even insisted to see the wound, he was relieved that the cut wasn’t that deep but Heechul kept ranting about how much it bleed and how he felt like Youngmi would need to get some blood injected in her to make up for the loss.

“Can I go to the bathroom?”

Youngi asked and Leeteuk gave her the directions. As soon as she was out of the room, he pulled Heechul to a corner and asked him

“Have you told her the truth about you know who?”

Heechul sighed and slumped down on the sofa

“Yeah, just this morning on our way here”

“And?”

“What do you mean and?

Leeteuk tsked

“You know! How did she react and stuff to what you said?”

Heechul puffed up his cheeks and kept on tapping his right cheek with his finger.

“It became awkward for awhile but she seemed to have taken it well oh and I’m happy that on our way inside here, ELFs warmed up to her”

He smiled remembering the photos he saw on twitter and the tweets of the fans. Leeteuk smiled, he sat down on the chair infront of the dresser as the make up artist retouched his make up on his face.

“ELFs are gonna have to face facts soon and I’m sure each and every one of them will come to accept you both”

Heechul smirked and in a sarcastic tone he stated

“Everyone but her”

A frown tugged on the corner of Leeteuk’s lips as he stared at Heechul through the mirror

“You have to confront her soon Heechul; talk to her face to face before she makes a scene”

The door opened and Youngmi entered, clueless as to what the two have conversed about. Heechul tapped the space next to him and Youngmi sat down obediently.

“I know hyung”

“You know what?”

Youngmi questioned, curiosity flooding over her voice. Heechul smiled and patted her head and with a quick kiss to the forehead he stated

“That I love you ~”

He cooed making Youngmi look at him weirdly and Leeteuk snort a laugh while all the other noonas in the room awed.