The Help 2

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 24: The Help 2

 


 

So where are you taking me?”

she asked the two who have been suspiciously quiet. Siwon cleared his throat and Leeteuk glanced at her from the rear view mirror.

Just trust us”

they were beginning to lose the city of Seoul and she still had dinner with Heechul and her mom later.

I still have dinner with mom and Heechul later”

she informed them; Leetuek turned back to her with a smile

Don't worry; we already phoned them and told them you won't be able to make it”

Her eyes widened. How dare they cancel her dinner with her own mother!

And before you get angry at us, we recorded this”

Leeteuk said, holding out his phone to her. She grabbed it from his hands and pressed the play button and as expected, her mother's voice rang through it

Youngmi-ah, Leeteuk and Siwon canceled our dinner later. Don't get mad at them araso? It's fine, Heechul rescheduled it sometime next week. Behave now, okay? Umma loves you.

Annyeong!

She puffed out a sigh and ran a hand throuh her hair after she returned Leeteuk's phone.

This better be important”

she warned them both; Siwon smiled and spoke

Trust us noona; it's very important”

the drive lasted for hours; Youngmi's attempt to stay awake so that she could keep track of where they were going had failed because sleep had caught up to her. Considering that she hasn't been healthily sleeping since her engagement with Heechul.

She's asleep”

Leeteuk whispered after checking up on her. It was perfect, now they could take the real road towards where they're gonna go.

Do you think she'll be surprised?”

Siwon asked making Leeteuk chuckle

Ofcourse she will be!”

-

Heechul was grwoing nervous and anxious with every passing minute that he spent there alone; he was worried too. It was almost 8 in the evening and Leetek & Siwon are nowhere to be found yet, what if something bad happened?! Youngmi was with them!

'I'm seriously gonna double kill those two if something bad happens!'

he screamed in his thoughts; Kyuhyun spotted Heechul and called the attention of the older guy.

Hyung, come on, let's wait inside”

Heechul was pacing back and forth in the main entrance; speciafically, the gates.

I'll follow up”

he assured the magnae but Kyuhyun wasn't convinced.

Aigo, they'll be here hyung”

Heechul let out a frustrated sigh as Kyuhyun began to tug him along by the arm.

But -”

No buts hyung, come on”

Heechul gace in to Kyuhyun as he let the magnae drag his body inside the building hall. Deep inside, he was still worried like hell but his worries soon drowned out when he got a phone call from Leeteuk.

Where the hell are you?”

he hissed as he answered

We're entering the gates; chill out”

Youngmi?”

She's asleep, all according to plan”

Good”

he breathed out in great relief

We all have one shot at this, let's make it the best”

Neh, you wake her up”

Araso”

-

Youngmi's eyes fluttered open and she slowly remembered where she was. Right, she was in Siwon's car and fell asleep. She had come to notice that the vehicle had stopped and that Leeteuk & Siwon were nowhere to be found, in a panic, she quickly got out of the car. Looking around, she realized that she was in an unfamiliar place.

There was this huge building, something like a hotel and when she looked around all she could see was landscape, it's like she was in a resort or something.

She took out her phone and dialled Heechul's number but the guy wasn't answering. She puffed out a sigh and decided to get some help from inside. Youngmi walked inside the doors and saw the receptionist. She walked up to the front desk and cleared making the receptionist look up at her with a smile

Yes?”

Uhm, have you seen Leeteuk and Siwon? Of Super Junior? You know, tall guys, handsome face?”

the receptionist chuckled

Yes, Ms. Nam...”

Okay, how did she know her name? That was creepy unless... something was suspicious. Youngmi swallowed hard.

Can you tell me where they are please?”

The receptionist stood up, went over the desk and asked Youngmi to follow her. They both entered a long hallway and as they continued to walk down it, she saw a large double door on the very end but unlke what she had expected, the girl stopped infront of a dor, 3 doors away from the large double doors.

She opened the door and told Youngmi;

Please do cooperate Ms. Nam and afterwards you may proceed to those double doors”

Youngmi raised a brow but then entered through the door and as soon as she got inside, the door closed. She looked around and found herself inside -what seemed to look like- a dressing room.

There was a dress hung up on the wall next to the dresser full of make up items and brushes and what nots then on the mirror was a note:

All the best for Youngmi; wear the dress araso? Fix yourself :)

She raised a brow at the note before sitting herself down and with a sigh she began to do as instructed; fix herself. She applied little make up on, swept her hair to the side as it cascaded down her left shoulder, she pinned it in place with a diamond embedded pin then afterwards changed her clothes.

The dress perfectly hugged her upper body; the dress was white and had frills, the sleeves were puffed up a bit, a black diamond embedded belt wrapped around the waist line and it's skirt hugged her lower body quite nicely and stopped just a little bit above her knees. She took off her own shoes and replaced them with the ones in the box that was placed just underneath where the dress hung before.

They were white pumps with diamond embedded on the 5 in heel. Looking at herself for the last time in the mirror, she took her phone with her and then exited the room.

She was growing nervous actually, Heechul was behind all of this and who knows what runs in that crazy head of his. She took in a deep breath before grabbing the handles of the double doors and with a final puff, she turned it.

She didn't know what was behind these doors.

She didn't know at all.

But whatever it may be... it must be beautiful right? Because as the note said... all the best for her.

But when she opened those doors... she nearly fell on her knees. Because behind those doors was somethinng that had brken her heart to a million pieces and it brought tears to her eyes; it was a perfect scene...

There was an altar, people filling the seats on both sides, the aisle floor was filled with white falled petals and the two who stood there was Heechul and.... someone else

No...”

She whimpered as she bit her lower lip. The bride turned to look at her, that face that she could not point her finger at was giving her the look that said she had lost and Heechul? He didn't care the least bit.

No...”

She whispered under her breath;

Fix yourself Youngmi”

Heechul said

You'll find someone else...”

No... No...”

-

NO!”

Youngmi!”

Her eyes shot wide open and she saw Leeteuk looing at her with a worried look on his face; Siwon aswell. The car had stopped and as she looked around, she realized that it was already evening time.

Where are we?”

She breathed out; Leeteuk swallowed hard

Are you okay?”

He asked her, she caught up to her breathing and wiped the cold sweat on her forehead

I'm fine”

Siwon ave a relieved sigh and unbuckled his seatbelt.

You can leave those in the car Youngmi-noona, shall we go?”

Siwon said pertaining to the gifts, she nodded her head and unbuckled her seatbelt aswell before gettinng out of the car.

The place seemed like a villa and telling by the landscape and trees, they were nowhere near Seoul but the moment she saw a sign that had the word: CLUB, she presumed that it probably was some kind of golf club or something like that. She followed Leeteuk and Siwon who walked through the double doors of the building.

Inside, there was a front desk, chairs and tables here and there, the floor had carpets underneath every set of tables and chairs, chandeliers hung up the ceiling, on the left was another set of door probably leading up to another part of the building and on the right was the same, there were two curved staircases on either sides of the front desk, meeting up together on top and that was where Leeteuk and Siwon went up to as she quietly followed.

Where exactly are we going?”

she asked, Leeteuk smirked

You'll see soon enough”

she puffed out a sigh, it was annoying not getting answers. Siwon stopped at a door and smiled at Youngmi before quickly disappearing behind it. Leeteuk turned to her momentarily.

Come on Youngmi-ah”

she continued to stare at the door that Siwon disappeared to forcing Leeteuk to drag her along with him.

Can you just tell me what's going on?”

she pleaded but Leeteuk wouldn't buldge, not even the slightest bit.

Aniyo ~ you have to find out for yourself”

a frown appeared on her face; Leeteuk disliked it when someone was upset with him but he had no choice at the moment. It's either her or them.

You know, 6 months form now, you'll be saying I do to my donsaeng”

he spoke but Youngmi uttered no word

No one knows what will happen after that but what I do know is that Heechul is gonna enter the army soon enough”

she bit her lip. She didn't want to think about that right now.

Well, it's every Korean male citizen's obligation, I can't stop that”

I know but...”

Leeteuk stopped and turned to look at Yougmi with a soft smile

While he's still out of that place atleast make his married life the greatest”

She coudn't help but bring out a small smile

Sure”

Now then, I have to disappear but walk straight okay? Don't look back, when you get to the turn, turn left and you'll see doouble doors at the end, just walk in, araso?”

without another word, Leeteuk left her. With a puff of a sigh she continued to dag her feet forward. Honestly, it felt like she was in one of those horror movies -Silent Hill to be exact- as if at any given moment, this whole place could turn into a damned hell load of scary stuff and a limping defrmed monster would be out to get her. She shuddered at the feeling and began to walk faster.

She finally took the turn and quickened her pace; finally, she stopped before the door. Reaching for the knob, she quickly turned them both and opened the doors

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

She was stunned to say the least and as her eyes wandered around, she saw not only her mom and Heechul and the rest of Supeer Junior but also her colleagues, fellow doctors, Heechul's friends, her bridesmaids and most of all... her soon to be family, Heechul's family.

It slowly registered to her mind;

Wh-what?”

the place was filled with balloons, tables and chairs here and there, a large cake on the small stage at the center, food on two sides of the room buffet style and a large LCD screen in the background. Some hosts which Heechul had known were there too including Shindonghyup.

Happy Birthday Youngmi-ah ~”

Heechul hugged her while she was still frozen in the moment from pure disbelief.

Omo...”

that was all she could say, her mother was next to hug her and greet her then followed by Heechul's mom & dad.

I can't believe this...”

she breathed as she looked around and saw Super Junior approaching, she looked at Heechul and he smiled upon seeing the great disbelief in her face.

Aigo, Heechul called everyone up; it's great because the families can meet each other”

Heechul's mom said as Youngmi's umma smiled and nodded in agreement; the parents went away as Super Junior came forward. Sungmin -who was on the very center- was holding a big box in his hands.

This is the big secret?”

she asked Leeteuk who seemed to have changed his clothing; they were all wearing formal clothes: black coats, white inner shirts with the buttons of the collar at loose, black pants and shiny black leather shoes.

Yup, sorry if I got you mad Younngmi-ah”

Youngmi felt like an idiot to say the least; she puffed out a sigh and hugged Leeteuk in apology aswell for being upset. She returned to Heechul's side as Leeteuk then cleared his throat and spoke

Can I have everyone's attention please?”

the music lowered down and everyone fell quiet.

Thank you; Youngmi-ah, truthfully, I was surprised that this mission was made easy because you had no idea why it was your birthday today but then again it wasn't that easy for me because on the walk towards here, you bombarded me wth questions that I can't answer. Anyway, you have been a great part of our lives, you've become our beloved sister-in-law and you are soon going to be permanently part of a new family not only to Heechul's family but to our Super Junior family as well and so since it's your birthday, we got you this gift”

Sungmin stepped forward and placed down the box on the floor

Han, deul, set ~”

Leeteuk said and altogether they yelled

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. NAM YOUNGMI!”

everyone applauded; Youngmi stepped forward and tore the wrapper then opened the box to see what was inside. Someone punch her if she was dreaming;

the box was filled with 12 other boxes and surprisingly there was one from Kangin & Kibum and even Hangeng too. Hangeng was also present at the party and wore the same as the other boys.

Aigo ~ so many, kamsahamnida!”

the boys engulfed her into a group hug and Heechul could not help but smile at how his plan had turned out to be.

The party soon began with a programme that Leeteuk alongside Shindonghyup and Shindong had hosted; there were games to add to the occassion, Youngmi had stayed by Heechul's side all night.

Her mom and Heechul's parents got along quite better than she had expected.

Thanks for the surprise oppa”

she cmiled as she leaned her head onto his shoulder while his arm was around her shoulder as they both sat next to each other.

Well you should prepare a surprise for me on my birthday too”

she let out a chuckle; on the great Kim Heechul would say that head on

Aigo, I saw that coming”

their little chit chat was interrupted then

At this moment, Heechul-ah please come onto the stage and deliberate a few words for Youngmi-ah”

Shindonghyup said; everyone applauded and Heechul got out of his seat as he took the stage for himself.

Good evening everyone; I'm Heechul is you don't know me and a couple of months ago I proposed to my doctor”

a series of giggles came from the audience

I really don't know where to start, I honestly haven't prepared for this part, I was too busy worrying about the surprise so...”

he turned to Youngmi's direction

Bear with me a bit, araso?”

Heechul took a deep breath in and let it all out as he then began to speak

It took an accident, it took my life and put it on the line, it took almost everything away from me just to meet Youngmi. She wasn't my doctor actually but partly, I guess she was but whatever she is, one thing is for sure... I'll be seeing her walking down the aisle a few months from now”

Youngmi chuckled to surpress the tears that were beginning to build up

This may be totally out of my character at the moment; Youngmi-ah, do you see all of this? Oppa planned it especially for you, aigo, you're a silly girl to not know its your birthday, I mean who forgets their own birthday? Seriously”

it earned a chuckle from the crowd

But... Happy Birthday Youngmi-ah, you know I don't always say it but you know how I am! Saranghae Youngmi-ah! All the best for you”

everyone clapped their hands as Heechul left the stage and returned to his place with a hug from his wife-to-be; the party had lasted all night long, many messages followed affter Heechul's and Youngmi was eventually moved with tears.

-

Where are your parents staying for the time being?”

Youngmi asked as soon as they got inside the car; Heechul was driving a van back to Seoul and it was around 11 PM in the evening too, he rented it figuring that they would have to bring Youngmi's gifts along and her gifts were no joke at all.

He buckled up his seatbelt as she did too and started the engine of the car.

Uh umma -your mom- would be accomodating them, she volunteered to do so”

it was a long drive back to Seoul as she had figured; Super Junior and the rest of the guest had already started down the road and they were the last to leave.

Shall we go?”

she nodded and so Heechul back up the car and drove off.

Unnie's coming back home in a few weeks”

She mumbled as she adjusted the aircondition. Heechul took a turn.

Oh, really? That's good”

she chuckled and turned to look at him

You are such an actor!”

Heechul smirked at her remark

I was born to be one and you are soon gonna marry one of the biggest superstars”

she smiled to herself and turned to look forward onto the road

No I'm not”

Silence fell upon them both. Heechul gave her a quickl glance.

What?”

he sounded astonished. Youngmi kept smiling and let out a dreamy sigh.

I'm marrying Kim Heechul as Kim Heechul and no one else”

he laughed feeling his cheeks rise up with heat

You're so cheesy!”

Youngmi stuck out a tongue at him

So, shall I greet your sister?”

Youngmi nodded her head sideways

Some other time maybe”

she let out a yawn.

Yah, don't sleep on me”

he whined

I won't, I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes”

Aigo, this girl really!”