The Fans

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 11: The Fans

 


 

 

If your ultimate bias is getting married, it’s not easy to take especially if you’re a die-hard fan. Kim Heechul has millions of fans all over the world and upon hearing of his plans of getting married, a mix of reactions were given but of all the reactions that he has received he hasn’t paid much attention to the fans who are upset.

And what he has failed to remember is that angry fans are dangerous. Did you even wonder why stars don’t date publicly or why they don’t reveal names of who they’re dating?

It was early in the morning and Youngmi had just finished getting ready to go over to the Super Junior dorms since Leeteuk said that Heechul was feeling sore and could barely get out of bed. As she was gathering her things to put in her bag, she flinched when out of nowhere something crashed on her window! She turned to see the glass cracked and egg yolk dripping then just as she was about to take a closer look, another egg hit her window and this time the glass broke! The egg splattered on her carpet and the brittles of glass aswell.

She ran downstairs to see her umma in the kitchen with a frightened look on her face; quickly she ran to the lady and hugged her close.

“Umma!”

The lady protectively wrapped her arms around her daughter;

“Do you know them Youngmi?”

“Aniyo but I’m about to find out”

From outside she could hear the culprits yelling & they were obviously girls

“You ! You stole Heechul-oppa from us! Go die and rot in hell!”

“You don’t deserve Heechul-oppa you hag! You stupid ! Die already!”

“Stay away from Heechul-oppa or we’ll rip that pretty face off of your head, !”

Hyunjung came downstairs with her phone in hand and walked into the kitchen; she closed the curtains and tossed her phone on the counter.

“I called the authorities, don’t worry Youngmi”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go out today Youngmi”

Her mother told her. Soon, the authorities did arrive but the culprits already ran off as soon as they heard the siren. Hyunjung filed a complaint as Youngmi cleaned up her room then afterwards she called Leeteuk.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ah, Leeteuk-oppa –are you still at the dorms?”

“Neh, Donghae & I are waiting for you before we leave”

She scratched the back of her neck

“Uhm –I don’t think I can come over today oppa”

“Eh? Waeyo? Heechul needs you”

“Well because... you see there was an incident here at the house and it might be dangerous for me to go out of the house”

“Mwo?! What happened?!”

She relayed the story to Leeteuk, he just couldn’t believe someone would actually do that kind of thing.

“I’ll send Donghae to pick you up; Heechul’s been nagging me non-stop about you”

She sighed; Heechul sure was persistent.

“Araso... komawo oppa”

After bidding him ‘goodbye’ she put her phone down. She grabbed her bag and went downstairs where her umma was sitting in the living room as Hyunjung had just sent the cops away.

“You’re still going?”

She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Youngmi rolled her eyes and slumped down on the couch.

“Donghae’s picking me up”

Hyunjung rolled made her way upstairs

“Fine! Go & get yourself killed!”

Youngmi just nodded her head sideways and not a minute later, the doorbell rang. She grabbed her bag and took a peek from the window and saw Donghae waving at her, she bid her umma ‘goodbye’ & assured her that she’ll be back before heading out of the door then greeting her donsaeng.

“Noona, what happened to your car?”

She looked at her car and it seemed like it rained eggs plus her windshield was broken and curses were written everywhere. She let out a sigh and ran a hand through her hair.

“Don’t mind it; can we just go Donghae-ah?”

It was only then that Donghae also noticed curses sprayed on their wall-fence and the splatters of eggs. He quickly got inside his car as Youngmi strapped herself in and sighed. He started the car then drove off.

It was very quiet along the drive since he sensed that she probably didn’t want to talk about what happened at their house earlier but he got the slightest idea from Leeteuk. When they got to the dorms, they immediately went up to the designated floor, once Leeteuk opened the door they both walked in.

Leeteuk greeted her with a warm hug & asked if she was alright and she nodded with a small smile.

“Well, we have to go now & Heechul is in his room”

He ruffled her hair and chuckled as she hissed at him; she didn’t like her hair being messed around. Donghae picked up his bag.

“Don’t do anything naughty, araso?”

Donghae winked as they headed out of the door; Youngmi rolled her eyes and set her bag aside, she headed over to Heechul’s room and went in without a knock on the door.

“Oppa?”

Heechul groaned as he heard her voice

“Yeobo?”

She closed the door behind her and walked over to him; he was staring at the ceiling with a pained expression.

“What happened to you?”

He turned to her from the corner of his eyes and smirked

“What? No kiss for oppa?”

She sighed and flicked his forehead causing him to wince in pain and groan. He scooted to the side and tapped the space next to him; he seemed to be feeling affectionate today, she lied down next to him, her head lying on his arm.

“What took you so long?”

He asked, turning to her. She kept staring at the ceiling and began to fiddle with her fingers; should she tell him or not? Leeteuk probably didn’t tell him anything since he asked her.

“Nothing –I had to dry my hair”

He scoffed and rolled his eyes

“Do you even feel sick today?”

He carefully took his arm away from her head then the next thing she knew, he was on top of her and he had a wry smile on his face!

“Not really”

He leaned down until their foreheads met; a smile began to tickle on Youngmi’s lips. Slowly, Heechul leaned down some more and gave her a quick peck on the lips before nuzzling her neck. She bit her lip, Heechul began to press his lips on her bare skin and it sent shivers down her spine.

She broke open

“Oppa”

Heechul continued, one of his hands began to tug on the button of her shirt.

“Something happened!”

She almost screamed, Heechul stopped what he was going and faced her with wide eyes

“Mwo?! You cheated on me?!

Youngmi sat up as Heechul retreated himself and sat beside her

“Aniyo –far from that”

“Then what?!”

Heechul was obviously upset at the moment but was also confused; he scratched the back of his neck and placed a hand on top of hers.

“Okay, okay –let’s talk about it later but for now let’s make a miracle!”

She looked at him in disbelief & he didn’t fail to notice, he sighed and hung his head low for a moment then looked at her.

“Tell oppa what happened”

Should she tell him what happened? What would he think?

“It’s just –“

Heechul tried to get the words out of her; she was hesitating so much, what if he wouldn’t believe her? Their fans are so important to them. She took one last deep breath & looked him straight in the eyes.

She began telling him what happened earlier including details about the written curses on the walls and her car, the eggs and the yelling. Heechul stared at her in great disbelief, he heard about those kinds of fans & he has heard about these kinds of things happen before to other artists but he has never expected that such a thing would happen to his love life. By the end of her story, he just remained quiet.

“But it’s okay oppa; I understand why they’re doing this”

Heechul got out of bed

“Where are you going? Yah! Heechul!”

He went out of the room. Quickly, Youngmi got off the bed and followed him out where he opened up his laptop and opened up his blog or something then began to type down things of which Youngmi didn’t know about. He slammed his laptop closed and headed back to his room as she nagged him about what he wrote.

He took a quick shower and as he went out of the bathroom, she turned his back on him. He put clothes and dried his hair, he powdered up his face, grabbed his phone, keys and wallet.

“C’mon, let’s go out today”

He said; she crossed her arms over her chest

“Mwo? Did you not hear what I told you earlier?”

He smirked as he spun the keys around his finger

“Neh but I wanna go out so let’s go”

He said as he then began to make his way out of his room when she grabbed his arm

“Wait, no disguise?”

Heechul sighed and grabbed both of her shoulders

“Youngmi-ah, we’re a public couple now so don’t worry about those! I like showing you off, now let’s go!”

-

They arrived at a studio building where most of the members were there for their schedules. She sort of wondered why they were there but didn’t bother to ask, they entered the building and saw so many fans out at the front doors screaming Heechul’s name and amongst them she knew some were giving her dirty looks.

Heechul pulled her along with him as they went up the building and onto a floor; he pulled her along through halls & introduced her to some of his sunbaes.

“Where are we going?”

She finally asked him; he was holding her hand the whole time. He stopped infront of a door and opened it, they both got inside and there sat SHINee infront of the mirrors! As soon as they saw Heechul walk in, they all stood up and greeted him with a bow. Taemin was first to notice Youngmi.

“Omo!”

He reacted; his hyungs turned to him.

“Hyung, you brought her!”

They all turned to Youngmi who shyly hid behind Heechul. Heechul introduced her to them, as usual; they did a bow then introduced themselves as SHINee with their palms up then proceeded to their individual introductions.

“Noona neomu yeoppo”

Taemin said, Heechul widened his eyes at him

“Yah, stop flirting with her”

The room got filled with laughter; Heechul left Youngmi with the boys momentarily since he said that he had to go somewhere for a while. So here she sat awkwardly, staring at her feet. Key was first to approach her, he sat down next to her and began to ask questions.

“So when’s the wedding noona?”

She turned to him, clasping her hands together and resting them on her knees

“It’s undecided yet but you guys will come right?”

Minho took a seat on the opposite side of her

“Is that an invitation? Taemin can be the flower girl”

He joked; Youngmi chuckled and nodded her head. Taemin finished up with his make up and turned to Youngmi, offering her a bottle of Banana Milk. She was confused at first but then accepted the drink with a small thank you.

‘He really is pretty!’

She thought quietly to herself; the next thing she knew, they were surrounding her. Onew was asking her about her profession that time.

“So, you really are a doctor? I thought that was just for show”

Jonghyun mentioned; Minho popped up another question

“So what are you doing here noona?”

She began to wonder for a moment; truthfully, she didn’t know why she was here.

“Um –I really don’t know actually, Heechul just brought me here”

Speak of the devil, the door opened and Heechul went in.

“Well, we have to go now but we’ll see you around”

He told his donsaengs, Youngmi thanked them for their time then they both left the room. Once they were in the hallway, she began asking Heechul questions.

What are we doing here, Heechul?”

He was holding her hand firmly; some staff noticed and was even beginning to smile about it.

“Relax and stop asking questions; we’re going already”

He said and dragged her down to the parking lot where a lot of fans were waiting just outside the building. Luckily, no one noticed them both as they drove out. Heechul drove downtown in Seoul where he then suggested that they go shopping for clothes.

Youngmi was a bit acared to go out in public today, she felt way too cautious about her surroundings. He noticed her uneasy look and glanced at her from time to time.

“Are you okay Youngmi?”

She turned to him as he focused on the road

“Oppa, are you sure you wanna go to the mall?”

“Don’t worry about anything Youngmi; no one can hurt you when you’re with me”

She let out a sigh; once they arrived at the mall, Heechul parked up the car and together they got inside the huge building. From the moment that they both came in, people started recognizing and some fans asked for Heechul’s autograph and requested for a photo with him however he declined.

Some fans began to crowd and she could tell by the odd feeling that some of them were burning holes behind her back. Heechul lightly squeezed her hand as they entered one of the dress shops where Heechul began to suggest dresses to her. Truthfully, she didn’t know why they were even here.

Heechul went away to another section while she remained to where the sundresses were at. 2 girls approached her as she was shuffling through the dresses that hung on the rack.

“Hey”

One of them called; she turned to them, a clueless look on her face.

“Yes?”

She asked; they looked at her up and down, one of them crossed her arms over her chest and gave her a dirty look.

“You’re not pretty; did you seduce Heechul-oppa to marry you? Tch. You probably paid him big money”

A frown formed on Youngmi’s lips but she bit her tongue to keep her from talking back; the other one began to talk too

“You’re not even Heechul-oppa’s type! Tell us, this is all for publicity right? SM Ent. Paid you to do all of this”

Her hand’s grip on her bag tightened; she swallowed hard, if she continued to bite her tongue, it might bleed. Youngmi broke open and began to speak.

“I don’t want trouble, okay? Please don’t make a scene”

One of the girls pushed her shoulder making her take a step back

“What are you gonna do about it? Doctor? You probably do surgery on your face to look young”

“If you want to live longer, we suggest you stop this ridiculous joke of a wedding because even if you tie the knot with oppa, fans will continue to make your life a living hell”

Youngmi continued to keep quiet, they pushed her again. This time it was so hard that it caused her to fall back, unexpectedly two arms caught her just before she could hit the cold, polished floor. The two girls’ eyes had widened as they realized who it was. Heechul pushed her up to her feet, his face was blank but one could tell that he wasn’t feeling pleasant.

His aura suddenly felt cold.

“O-oppa”

They both stammered;

“You can’t push around people like that thinking you’re better than them or just because they have something that you can’t have and you can’t push around Kim Heechul’s bride to be”

He intertwined his hands with her and began to walk out of the shop with Youngmi; people began to stare at the two other girls. The couple entered an ice cream store; Youngmi smiled and thanked him for standing up for her. He ruffled her hair making her hiss.

“You have to speak up sometimes too you know otherwise people will take advantage of you”

He explained as he took spoonful of ice cream from his cup. She just smiled;

"But you don't hate my fans, right?"

"Aniyo oppa, I undertsand these kinds of things"

He sighed in relief; Youngmi's mind was brought back to their visit at the building earlier & this time she wanted an answer from Heechul.

“So, why did we go to the studio building earlier?”

He stared at his ice cream

“Actually I –“