The Bridesmaids

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 17: The Bridesmaids


Bridesmaids

Kim Taeyon

Jung Suyeon

Lee Sunkyu

Stephanie Hwang

Kim Hyoyeon

Kwon Yuri

Choi Sooyoung

Im Yoona

Seo Joo-hyun

 

***

“Youngmi-ah! I thought you told me the Wonder Girls are on the list of your bridesmaids?! All I see is SNSD!”

Heechul yelled as he saw the sample invitations; Youngmi was in the kitchen at that time while he was in the living room of their dorm. The two had received the finished sample of their invitation and were making sure that every name was listed and spellings were correct before they give the go signal for it to be sent.

Youngmi entered the living room and snagged away the invitation before tossing it back to him.

“I never told you that Wonder Girls were on my list of bridesmaids”

“Well put them!”

“Aniyo, I put them on the honoured guests list already”

“AISH! I’m gonna put them in myself –“

“Do that and I’ll add some to your list of Grooms Men aswell”

The couple exchanged glares; Heechul clutched the pen in his hand and stared directly at her while she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. Heechul finally gave up with a sigh but made her promise to provide separate seats for Wonder Girls nearest to them as possible.

“Speaking of bridesmaids...”

She said as she started to head back to the kitchen then re-enter the living room once again with two glasses of lemonade in her hand, she gave one to Heechul which the dictator gestured for her to place on the coffee table.

“Neh?”

He asked, busy checking the names with full concentration; Youngmi took a sip of her drink and sat down next to him.

“I’m going out with them tonight, their treat”

Heechul turned to her with a serious face

“Tonight? You’re going drinking with SNSD? Are you serious Youngmi?”

He tossed the paper, invitation and pen on the table. She could tell that Heechul wasn’t agreeing with her going out and drinking, he hated it when she drank and he wasn’t around.

“I promise I won’t get drunk”

She raised her hand and crossed her heart but Heechul intensely stared at her disapprovingly.

“Please Heechul? I never get to go out with those girls”

“No and that’s final”

He said as he looked away from her and grabbed the pen, paper and invitation back in his hands.

-

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taeyon-ah, its Youngmi”

“Youngmi-unnie! How are you, are you ready for later?”

Youngmi sighed; she was lazing around inside Heechul’s room while the dictator was busy sleeping in the living room.

“I don’t think I can come”

“MWO?! WAE?! AIGOOO ~ you have to come unnie! It’s for you!”

“Heechul doesn’t want me to go out and drink”

She heard Taeyon yelling and protesting so it gave her the idea that someone might’ve snagged away the phone from her

“Tssh, where are you?”

She chuckled when she heard Yoona’s voice

“The Super Junior dorms”

“We’ll be over later”

“Please tell me that you’re not gonna argue with Heechul ‘til he gives in?”

“I’m gonna argue with Heechul until he gives in”

-

Heechul woke up to the angry knocks on the door of their apartment and the repeating sound of the door bell ringing; he groaned and got up from where he slept and staggered to the door until he finally reached the knob and opened it to see 9 heads and Yoona being the very centre of them all.

He puffed out a sigh and blocked the door way.

“Youngmi is not allowed to drink for reasons that she becomes someone else when she drinks”

Yoona crossed her arms over her chest

“Youngmi-unnie is over 18 years old, you are not his umma and I believe is reasonably responsible enough plus we won’t let her do stupid things”

Heechul’s brows furrowed

“She’s not going out with you girls”

“But oppa it’s our personal bridal shower for unnie!”

Sunny whined; Youngmi appeared all of a sudden making Heechul turn to her. She was dressed up and was almost ready to go. She was quiet as the girls smiled at her, Heechul turned to her and his eyes widened.

“I told you not to go!”

Youngmi sighed and pecked him on the cheek

“It’s just tonight Heechul; I’ll be back before 12... ahjussi

“Ahju...? DON’T YOU AHJUSSI ME WOMAN!”

“Bye Heechul”

And so she left with them as Heechul threw a fit by himself inside the dorms.

The girls had taken Youngmi to places she hadn’t even heard of before but maybe that’s because she wasn’t used to going out. Truth be told, she was the studious type of girl from her elementary days to highschool and even after she finished college.

But… she was a hard drinker for someone who never drinks often.

“Unnie, you’re gonna enjoy this place! Donghae-oppa and Siwon-oppa said this place is awesome!”

Taeyon yelled through the music. The place screamed party; the dim lights, neon lasers, blaring music and the crowd of people, this was a club but not just any club –stars hang around here so it’s pretty high-class if you put it that way. Youngmi though was not high-class.

They all sat at a reserved table upstairs; the girls greeted their fellow artists as they passed while Youngmi followed them like a lost cat.

“Youngmi-noona?!”

He heard someone call her name making her turn and there he saw Jonghyun –from SHINee. She waved at him as he quickly walked over and gave her a hug; he had a drink in hand.

“What are you doing here?!”

He asked; Youngmi turned to the girls who sat down somewhere not far from where she stood.

“I’m with SNSD! Just a little fun night out! You?!”

“I’m with a few friends!”

Youngmi felt someone grab her arm and as she glanced at the person, it was Hyoyeon.

“Hey Jonghyun! Noona! Let’s go sit down!”

She turned to Jonghyun apologetically, he smiled at her

“I’ll see you around noona!”

Hyoyeon pulled her along until they both had sat down and the drinks were served. Youngmi was first to finish her glass with a sort of pained look on her face, the girls weren’t as heavy drinkers like Youngmi. They refrained from drinking heavy drinks since their dietician kept them away from it so as to keep their figure intact and their health too.

“So when is the wedding noona?”

Seohyun asked, taking a sip of her drink and set it down on the table

“May 8 –invitations are gonna get sent out a month before the wedding”

She shot down another glass but no one noticed

“I never though Heechul-oppa would get married, he’s just too –“

Yoona was cut off when Youngmi added to finish of her sentence

“A sarcastic and a know it all diva”

She drank up another glass and only then did they begin to notice that she was drinking rapidly when she placed the third glass down.

“Unnie, you’re such a fast drinker!”

Tiffany said taking her empty glass and tipping it over to see if a liquid would drop but nothing, it was so clean! Youngmi chuckled and ordered up a bottle which the waitress quickly served.

“You should take off your jacket unnie!”

Yuri said tugging on her sleeve; everyone else did take off their jackets and she was the only one left wearing one. Truthfully, she didn’t want to take it off. She was too embarrassed about how she might look.

But either way, she sighed and took it off to reveal the short red dress with the silver jewel encrusted waist belt.

“Omo ~ you’re so flawless unnie!”

Seohyun complimented her; she poured herself a drink on one of the empty shot glasses and drank it up in one go.

-

Meanwhile, Leeteuk and Siwon entered the dorm to find Heechul sitting on the couch muttering incoherent words under his breath as he watched television and angrily smashed the pieces of potato chips in his mouth.

“What’s with you?”

Leeteuk asked while Siwon retreated to the bathroom yelling

“I can’t hold it in anymore!”

Leeteuk turned back to Heechul and with a sigh he took a seat next to the dictator.

“WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT GIRL?! SHE LEFT ME HERE WITH ALL THE WORK FOR OUR WEDDING INVITATIONS AND WENT OUT WITH SNSD FOR THE NIGHT! I CAN’T BELIEVE HE NERVE OF THAT WOMAN! SHE EVEN CALLED ME AHJUSSI IN FRONT OF THE GIRLS!”

Leeteuk chuckled making Heechul turn to him with a surprised look on his face

“Hyung! Are you on my side or what?!”

Leeteuk breathed out and turned to Heechul

“Youngmi-ah is a big girl Heechul”

“SO?! That doesn’t make her the boss of me!”

“Aigo ~”

Leeteuk ran a hand through his hair

“You have to understand things Heechul-ah; Youngmi isn’t gonna follow what you want all her life, she has her own. She has to have some freedom now more than ever, think about it... in a few months, she’s gonna get married to you and from then on her responsibilities as your wife will limit her from going out with friends and having some time for herself to enjoy”

Leeteuk paused as Heechul turned back to the television

“She never once forbid you to do what you want so why should you? But, Youngmi-ah is still a bachelorette until she reaches that altar so I can see why you’re worried Chullie-ah”

Leeteuk chuckled. Heechul let out a grunt

“I am not worried”

Out of the blues, the phone rang which Siwon was quick to answer it.

“Yeoboseyo? Mwo?! Where are you?!”

The two jumped out of the couch

“What is it?”

Leeteuk asked keeping as calm as possible but Siwon didn’t answer as he continued to speak on the phone

“Araso, araso! Aish, we’ll come over as soon as we can... neh!”

He hung up the phone and turned to the two, glancing at Heechul he stated

“Taeyon called, it’s Youngmi-noona”

-

“Oppa!”

Jessica and Hyoyeon jumped as soon as they saw the three guys enter the scene, Heechul being the very first one who scanned the crowd.

“Let’s go”

Jessica led the way around the club and eventually they reached the table where the girls were seated at and Youngmi was lying on the leather seat almost unconscious. Heechul couldn’t help himself to do anything else but sigh. She looked peaceful.

“Youngmi-ah...”

He poked her as Leeteuk and Siwon only watched from behind.

“Youngmi-ah”

Her eyes fluttered open, she smiled when she saw Heechul and as much as he wanted to get angry at her, he just smiled back softly.

“Oppa, I wanna do you ~”

She slurred but Heechul only chuckled

“Let’s go home Youngmi-ah, Siwon pick her up”

“Mwo?! Why me?!”

“Because I can’t carry her, she’s too fat”

“Girls are not fat!”

SNSD chorused in the back.


(A/N: Hello everyone. Have I made you wait too long? sorry about that but I've been cramping my out balancing study, work and writing time. I hope you all will still be patient with me, after all... a great chapter takes time to write :3)