The Spring

Wedding Wars

CHAPTER 38: The Spring

 


 

The sun shone brightly that day. It was the month of April already and the flowers were blooming, the leaves were growing and the grasses were at their greenest.

Heechul took a sip of his warm coffee and joined Youngmi on the table in the bride-to-be's dining room in her home. Papers were sprawled on the table along with folders and plates of treats. Youngmi tapped her pen in hand on the table.

The names are complete, now all we need is the addresses...”

she said; Heechul put his cup down and grabbed his bag. He took out a black folder and gave it to her, she opened it up and there were two printed pages of a two column words. On the first page's first column was a list of his family & relative's name, the second column were their addresses. On the second page was the idol's names and addresses.

You're really organized, oppa”

Youngmi chuckled, closing the envelope. Heechul smirked and reached for a cookie

Ofcourse I am! Unlike you”

She puffed out a sigh and rolled her eyes at him. She set the folder beside her and propped her elbow on the table, resting her chin on the back of her palm.

You keep that attitude up and I won't do skinship with you”

Heechul stuck his tongue out at her then smugly smiled

You can't resist me Nam Youngmi

Youngmi chuckled as Heechul leaned in and pecked a kiss on the top of her nose.

Oh, by the way... I'm drinking out with the boy's tonight, wanna tag along?”

Youngmi nodded her head sideways.

No thanks, I have a date with umma, we're watching movies in the living room”

Where is umma, by the way?”

He asked, taking one of the papers and read through them. It was the food list.

She went out... um... I wanted to talk to you about something regarding her, Heechul”

Heechul turned to her. She bit her lower lip and looked at him, a glint of sadness in her eyes.

What is it?”

He asked, he was beginning to feel uneasy and he didn't know why.

Appa has passed away, unnie is living far away now and we're getting married soon which means I'm going to have to leave the house”

He slowly got her point but stayed quiet

Umma is gonna be living alone and it can get pretty lonely... I'm worried about her”

He finally let out a sigh and stood up from his chair. Youngmi worried he would react like this but she also as equally worried about her mother. Although they do say that sooner or later, a bird has to leave the nest, it was just that her umma was going to be living alone and she was worried that she might feel lonely.

Heechul went behind her and placed both his hands on her shoulder making her relax a bit.

We'll figure something out, but for now let's just focus on the wedding first then after the honeymoon we can think about what to do”

She mentally face palmed herself; He never fails to mention the word honeymoon nowadays.

You should really stop inserting the honeymoon”

He sniggered

I'm excited! I know you are too ~”

He teased and leaned down to lightly bite her ear making her cheeks burn. She put both her hands on her ears and leaned forward on the table.

Aish... stop that Heechul!”

-

DING DONG

Sunny ran to the door, in the midst of putting on her ear rings as they were to head out to their schedule today.

Who is it?”

she pressed the button through the intercom; a reply quickly came

Mail for Girls' Generation, I just need you to sign some papers ma'am”

Taeyon walked to the door, motioning Sunny to finish doing her hair as they were still wrapped in a towel. The leader opened the door and she came face to face with the mail man who seemed to have blushed when he saw her. Taeyon smiled.

How may I help you?”

she asked; the mail man handed her the clipboard and pen and she signed on the very bottom of the paper before he handed her a large rectangular silky blue envelope with the name engraved beautifully in metal silver:

 

Girls' Generation

 

Taeyon bowed her head and thanked the mail man before closing the door and walked into the living room. She flipped it over and saw a silver wax seal with the initials H & Y pressed down onto it.

Unnie, what's that?”

Seohyun asked, walking over to the leader

I don't know, it just came in...”

Open it!”

Jessica chimed popping from behind. Taeyon carefully removed the bottom half of the wax, luckily it didn't break and opened up the envelope. She grabbed a hold of the semi-thick item inside and pulled it out only to gasp and widen in surprise.

-

Umma! Guess what I found in the mail!”

Heejin sang as she entered her parents' home; the lady ran into the living room from the kitchen and sat down next to her daughter.

 

Mr. & Mrs. Kim ***

 

What is it?”

Heejin pulled the book out from the large blue envelope and the lady gasped, taking it into her hands and opened it.

Oh my... it's really happening”

she smiled, tears slowly forming in her eyes.

Appa! Come quick!”

-

Shinee

So hyung wasn't really joking?”

Taemin asked and Minho smiled at him as Key flipped through the next page. Jonghyun was too focused to say anything.

Aigo ~ she looks so pretty here”

Key said, running his hand through the smooth page; Onew took a bite of his chicken

It makes me want to get married”

s all looked at him weirdly but he ignored their looks and continued to look at the book whilst eating chicken.

-

Ms. Kwon, you have a package from Korea”

A japanese staff said, handing her the brown wrapped up package, tied with brown string as she stepped off of the platform. She was in a photoshoot; she sat down on a chair and took off the brown packaging and saw a large blue envelop then there was a small note inside:

Go home for my wedding. Or I won't treat you out for food again =_=

You know who this is.

She chuckled and took the enveloped thick booklet out and flipped it over:

 

Kwon Bo Ah

 

Carefully peeling off the seal, she grabbed a hold of what was inside and smiled brightly when she realized what it was.

He was serious!”

-

Heechul was out of the dorms that day, he said something about getting some stuff bought with Youngmi. The members were all in the house, resting for their three hour free time from schedules; Ryeowook was making lunch with Sungmin, Kyuhyun was inside his room playing -typically-, Shindong, Eunhyuk & Leeteuk were asleep in their rooms, Donghae was watching television alone in the living room.

Yesung came out of his room.

Hyung, can you put the empty bottles outside the door?”

Ryeowook asked, placing the 3 empty glass bottles of soya milk on the counter top.

Sure...”

Yesung took them and headed for the door; he unlocked it and opened it, then poked his head out and placed the bottles on the side of their dorm's door. He was about to close the door when someone approached their door.

Excuse me sir”

Said the man in a red uniform with a matching cap on his head. He was holding a large blue envelope and clipboard in his hands.

Yes?”

Yesung stood straight.

I have mail for you, please sign here”

the man handed him the clipboard and pen and he signed it then the mail man gave him the thick blue envelope and went away. Yesung looked down at the item he received and walked inside.

What's that hyung?”

Donghae asked, flipping through channels.

I don't know but...”

Yesung flipped it over and read the name engraved on the back of the envelope in silver

 

Super Junior

It's for us...”

Sungmin turned off the stove and walked away from the kitchen towards Yesung, Donghae got up from the couch too.

I think we should tell the others first...”

He said. Sungmin smiled

Got it!”

in a minute he ran to get everyone gathered in the living room. The next moment they knew, they were all in the living room; Leeteuk was holding the item in his hand. Everyone was closely gathered as he plucked off the wax seal and grabbed a hold of the book inside.

Wooooow!”

Ryeowook couldn't help but exclaim, feeling his lips curve into a large smile. They were all surprised to figure just what it was.

It's here! Waaah! It's so pretty!”

Sungmin yielded as Leeteuk opened it up and they read the pretty words inside. Looking over the beautiful photos aswell. Out of the blues the door opened and Siwon came in... he saw everyone gathered and they all looked at him

What did I miss?”

-

Kim Youngwoon, package”

Kangin thanked his friend as he sat back down in his space inside the barracks. Tired after jogging but still up and ready on his feet; the package was wrapped in brown paper, tied with a brown string and a sticker held his name on it. He tore off the packaging and found a silky blue large envelope inside along with a smaller and flat envelope, he flipped it over and saw his name on the back of the two envelopes.

The small one had his name written in ink while the large blue one was in metal engraved lettering

 

Kim Youngwoon

 

he first opened the smaller envelope and took out the folded piece of paper and opened it:

Kangin,

How are you? Are you doing well in the army? I know you are. You are pretty strong after all, kekeke ~ anyway, can you guess who is writing this without looking at the name on the very bottom of this letter? You just looked, didn't you?

Kangin chuckled

Anyway, I'm writing this to you because I want you to know that I never forget you. No one does, not even the ELFs. Just a little more, hang in there just a little longer donsaeng, you will soon stand on stage again. We all will, complete as Super Junior. Do you miss the sounds of ELFs cheering for you? They still do, the army is just sound proof kekekeke.

When you entered you said that you will enter as a boy and come out as a man. I believe your words, truly I do. Is hyung getting sentimental? AISH, so out of character but it's true. Teukie-hyung is well if you are wondering, we are all well. Though tired from Super Show but well. Will you be there for Super Show 4? I hope so, finish training quickly!

Ahhh, the true reason why I also wrote you this letter is because I want to invite you. You see, hyung is getting married. No, not Teukie, you ! I mean... me.

Kangin shuffled in surprise

Mwo?!”

Are you surprised? Who knew, right? Kekekeke but let's all admit it. With looks like these I was blessed to have women fall for me! My mother and father who created this face are good people! I always knew I was getting married first! Ha! Don't argue ~ mehrong! Kekekeke ~ anyway, I'm hoping the army would allow you to come to my wedding! Take care of yourself Kangin-ah and come home soon!

FIGHTING!

P.S.

If you're wondering who's the lucky bride, it's my doctor.

Dr. Nam Youngmi! Yes! The girl you said that would never fall for me! Ha!

Kekeke ~ saranghae <3

Heechul <3

Kangin took off the wax seal and opened the envelope and quickly took out the album like invitation and opened it to read

You are courteously invited...

to witness Kim Heechul & Nam Youngmi's unification in Holy Matrimony