The Evening

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 7: The Evening

 


 

 

“Well, you’ll be sleeping her Youngmi-ah and if you need anything we’ll be in the room across yours”

The lady smiled at her, she smiled and bowed her head in thanks then bid the lady ‘good night’ afterwards Youngmi was left alone as the door was slid closed. With a puff out of a sigh she dropped her bags on the ground, including Heechul’s. She hasn’t seen they guy after dinner so she guessed maybe he went out with some of his cousins or something.

She looked around the four-walled room and noticed a couple of photo frames on a small table set up on one corner. She walked over to it and picked up the frames realizing they were photos of Heechul when he was still young! He looked as beautiful as he was now, she guess his attitude must’ve been the same too. On one frame was a photo of him & his whole family, he truly did stand out as the others have told her.

Her photo scanning was cut off when she heard the door slide open then closed; she placed down the frame then turned around to see Heechul. His cheeks were flushed and he looked rather sleepy.

‘He’s drunk’

She thought and expected slurry words from him but when he broke his mouth to speak they were the exact opposite.

“What do you think you’re doing in my room?”

He asked bluntly; Youngmi blinked her eyes and pouted

“Your room? Your mom said I’ll be staying here!”

He looked at the bags on the floor and stomped his feet in a girly fit

“AISH! But this is my room! Umma! Youngmi’s in my room!”

He yelled, the lady yelled back at him

“Where do you expect her to sleep?! In the couch?! Be polite Heechul or you’ll sleep out of that room!”

Youngmi stuck a tongue out at him with an evil smirk, Heechul’s brows narrowed

“But –“

This time the lady appeared through the door and gave him a stern look

“AIGO! You’re getting married to her so learn to share everything you have!”

She slid the door closed and ordered him to keep quiet and keep his complaints to himself; Heechul scoffed as Youngmi flipped her hair with her hand and turned around picking up her bags then shoved them in the closet.

Youngmi grabbed a towel, her pyjamas and some other products as Heechul also grabbed some items from his own bag.

“Yah, I get to be in the bathroom first!”

He told her however she was already locking the bathroom door making Heechul sigh. He ran a hand through his hair while thinking to himself

‘I can’t believe I asked her to marry me’

This thing was harder than he thought but Youngmi never did give him the chance to actually be in control of her. She was always so strong-willed and she was also scary when her temperature rises, dealing with her during her PMS is even harder. He always has to buy her stuff just to talk to her during those days.

His thoughts were cut off when he heard the bathroom door unlock then open and Youngmi re-entered the room once again, sliding the door closed behind her.

“Your turn ~”

She told him, he got up and stuck a tongue out behind her back as he left the room.

Youngmi neatly packed up her used clothes on a separate bag then once everything was placed away, she plopped herself down on the bed.

‘Huge bed and he doesn’t want to share, tsk. Typical Heechul’

She thought to herself as she opened up a book and began to read. She was somewhere near the end of the long chapter when Heechul re-entered the room, wearing his Tom & Jerry oversized shirt and pink PJs plus he was also drying his hair.

She looked up from the book and raised a brow at him.

“What?”

He asked, pausing from rubbing the towel on his head.

“You do know it’s bad to sleep with wet hair right?”

Heechul smirked and continued with what he was doing, walking over to his mirror.

“Pff ~ that’s what my mom told me and to be honest I don’t really get it”

He fixed the sides of his hair on the mirror then brushed it up; he was obviously making himself beautiful enough before he sleeps. Youngmi rolled her eyes.

“Well for one, you’re an idol and if you want your hair to be in a tangled situation the next morning then be my guest plus it causes split ends”

She stated a matter of factly making him abruptly turn to her with wide eyes

“MWO?!”

Youngmi nodded and set her book aside

“You doubt a doctor?”

“Aniyo but you’re a doctor of medicine aren’t you? Only people who major in cosmetics and hair would know that”

She puffed up her cheeks and gave him a glare.

“Yah! Don’t glare at me like that besides what are you doing in my bed?”

“Where do you expect me to sleep? On the floor?”

Heechul scratched the back of his head

“Actually... yeah”

Youngmi sat up and threw a pillow at him, taking it straight to the face. He gasped and quickly checked the mirror.

“Are you crazy woman?!”

He drew a circle around his face using his finger

“This! This is the most precious thing that my mother and father have created and you dare throw a pillow at it!?”

“You’re such a drama queen!”

She yelled back at him and threw another pillow this time Heechul caught it and threw it back at her however Youngmi was quick to dodge it and stuck her tongue out at him. Heechul grew annoyed at her childishness and did something she never expected.

He grabbed the pillow from her hands before she could even throw it and threw it aside then grabbed both her hands, he pinned her down on the bed. He hovered above her with a smirk as he watched her face turn red, her brows narrowed as she demanded for him to release her.

Heechul leaned his face closer; Youngmi shook her head repeatedly and began to scream. The door slid open and as they both turned, there stood Heechul’s umma, appa & Heejin with their mouths hanging.

Heechul quickly got off of Youngmi, as the girl sat up and looked away. Heechul cleared his throat and spoke as he looked away aswell.

“C-can’t an engaged couple get some privacy?”

He crossed his arms; the three closed their mouth, blinking their eyes and slowly begun to leave. His dad bid them both ‘good night’ then closed the door. Youngmi cleared and begun to climb under the covers.

“We should go to sleep”

She mumbled and scooted to the far left side of the bed. Heechul forgot about his little silly pride and lied down on the right side of the bed. It was awkward and they couldn’t sleep.

Finally letting out a sigh, Heechul stared up at the ceiling of the room while Youngmi kept her back facing him; he took a quick glance at her. He let out another heavy sigh; obviously he was trying to grab her attention. It was around the 5th sigh of his when Youngmi lied straight and stared at the ceiling.

“Would you please stop with the sighing?”

“But I can’t sleep yeobo ~”

He puffed up his cheeks; Youngmi glanced at him for the endearment.

“Can you use your aegyo?”

He asked her, her brows rose.

“Mwo? I thought you hated it?”

“Just this one time, maybe I’ll like it... I wanna see if you’ve improved”

Youngmi sighed and closed her eyes; Heechul pouted and pinched her cheek.

“Yah, are you sleeping on me?”

Youngmi opened her eyes and scooted closer to him, laying her head on his arm and wrapping her arms around his waist. Then with her cheeks puffed up and her eyes shimmering, she used her aegyo.

“Oppa ~ I can’t sleep, can we cuddle? Please? ~”

Heechul could feel his cheeks flush and good thing that the room was dim and the only thing that was lighting up was the lamp on the bedside table. Heechul looked away from her and stared at the wall infront of them both. Youngmi kept looking at him.

He bit his lower lip, preventing a smile from escaping his lips.

“Opppppaaaa ~”

She called out to him in a whining voice. Heechul glanced at her then turned back to the wall.

The out of the blues and her intense staring he breathed out to prevent himself from laughing although he did chuckle a bit.

“Araso, araso ~ cuddle with oppa but your aegyo still is the worst”

He lightly hit his chest as he hugged her close

“Hit me one more time and I’ll push you off the bed”

They both fell quiet, all she could heart was the heart beat he had. Heechul closed his eyes and so did Youngmi however, slumber still wasn’t on his mind.

“So...”

He began

“Have you thought about what I told you?”

He asked her, Youngmi opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Neh...”

He met her eyes

“And?”

“No way...”

Heechul sighed groggily and placed his other hand over his eyes.

“Did you talk to umma?”

“Neh”

“And?”

“She said I should go with whatever I want”

He mentally slapped himself; somehow, while he was out of the house he felt that the lady couldn’t be trusted. He puffed up his cheeks just as Youngmi laid her head back on his chest.

“I hope you didn’t bring me here so your parents could convince me into giving in to what you want”

She said in a little bit of suspicion.

“PFF! No way! Why would I do that?! That is so out of my image”

He said rolling his eyes

“Then don’t be so defensive”

He stuck a tongue out at her and to his surprise; she grabbed it and smirked as she stared at him. Heechul slapped her hand away as they both sat up, he wiped his tongue with his hands and looked at her in disbelief then with his tongue still out he yelled at her

“Wha iss wong wib you?! Ugh!”

“Serves you right and in case you forgot I’m a doctor so being gross is in my profession”

Heechul ran to the bathroom and washed up his tongue while Youngmi could only snigger in pride. When Heechul got back, he stumbled on something and luckily fell on the bed, his head landing on her stomach making Youngmi gasp in surprise.

“Omo, you’ve gained weight yeobo”

He said as he got up and lied back down on his side of the bed. Youngmi just sighed not wanting to argue with him. Awkward silence then followed and he went back to the occasional glancing and sighing as they both just stared at the ceiling.

Once he glanced again, Youngmi did the same making their eyes meet and they ended up in a staring contest.

“First one to blink kisses the loser”

Heechul proclaimed

“Please ~ you’re only using this game as an excuse, admit it Heechul you wanna get a ‘good night’ kiss”

“Aniyo ~ it’s just that this game would be boring if there’s no punishment”

They stared at each for what seemed like forever, neither refused to give up. Both of them wanted to blink so badly, Heechul’s eyes were about to give in while Youngmi were forcing her eyes to stay open.

“Give up Youngmi”

Heechul groaned, widening his eyes as Youngmi was close to blinking; however she forced them open once again.

“Aniyo ~”

Heechul prevented his yawn from escaping knowing that his eyes were bound to blink.

“You know, you could yawn with your eyes wide open”

She said, Heechul being dumbfounded by his fiancée tried it for himself and him who was super exhausted yawned, his eyes closed making Youngmi shoot up with her hands in the air.

“YES!”

Heechul realized the situation and slapped his forehead. He sighed in defeat.

“Alright let’s go to sleep”

Youngmi said as she lied back down and closed her eyes forgetting the bet. Heechul reached for the lamp on her side and placed a quick peck on her lips, surprising Youngmi.

“Goodnight yeobo ~”

He said as he wrapped his arms around her.