The Battle Begins

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 5: The battle begins

 


 

 

“I’ve always wanted to walk down the aisle and have someone wait there for me; to wear a wedding dress and have a ring inserted on my finger, to live happily ever after”

Heechul smiled as he watched how his girlfriend babbled out how she saw herself getting married. This was the first time they talked about it and how badly did he want to make her happy.

“That’s nice…”

He mumbled and looked away; Youngmi was a catholic and this was one of the things that he found out from Siwon however she didn’t know that he was an atheist. Truthfully speaking, when he found out that she was someone who went to church and was such a strong believer of God he was a bit hesitant.

He liked her so much to the extent that he wanted to spend the rest of his life forever by her side but…

How could he make her happy when he can’t even seem to fulfil her wants for a wedding?

Heechul ignored this, he just wanted to go out with someone and be happy. Underground relationship was hard at first but Youngmi got used to it but after a while she grew tired of doing the same old thing every date; then Heechul finally popped up the question and she was just so happy.

Finally… she was gonna be a bride.

But how can he be the groom she has always dreamed of?

Heechul opened his eyes and sat up in bed; he glanced at the clock and saw that it was 7:00 in the morning and the only reason why he woke up was because of that dream. Flashbacks really weren’t his thing.

He got out of bed and knew what to do for today;

As soon as he got into the kitchen, Leeteuk and Siwon –who were eating breakfast-, bombarded him with questions.

“Heechul-hyung, you don’t have schedules today why did you get up so early?”

Siwon asked; Heechul took out the gallon of orange juice and slammed it on the table.

“I’m going to see Youngmi today and talk to her about the wedding”

He followed it with a sigh and poured himself a glass of juice then took a small sip before his face scrunched up in digust.

“Ugh… this tastes like sour milk!”

“You have to shake it first before you pour a glass”

Kyuhyun said entering out of nowhere and sat down with everybody else. Ryeowook wasn’t up yet so they stuck to cereals for the morning. Heechul groaned and placed down his glass deciding not to drink anymore at all, he got up from his chair and went straight into the bathroom.

After he changed, he went back to the kitchen to see everyone else sitting down.

“Are you gonna go with her to pick her wedding gown?”

Siwon asked, Heechul glanced at him and asked

“Wedding gown?”

“Yeah aren’t you both getting married? She has to wear a wedding gown as she walks down the aisle”

Ryeowook stated; Heechul mentally slapped himself upon hearing the word ‘aisle’; this was the problem about taking risks, there are lots of obstacles along the way. Heechul closed his eyes and sighed.

“Is something wrong hyung?”

Donghae asked him; he leaned back on the counter. Siwon’s face lit up and he immediately turned to Heechul

“Hyung! You’re gonna go to church!”

Heechul wanted to scream right now but he kept it in;

“You know… you could always go for a traditional wedding style”

Kyuhyun pointed out innocently; Heechul’s face then lit up and he rushed to the magnae then hugged him making Kyuhyun’s face scrunch up and pushed him away. Heechul then left without a goodbye, as soon as he was gone Siwon turned to the youngest in the group

“Why did you have to say that?”

Kyuhyun just shrugged and smiled.

-

Heechul took out his phone from his pocket as he made his way to the elevator and called Youngmi.

“Yeoboseyo?”

Came a groggy and tired voice

“Youngmi-ah! Are you awake? Do you have work today?”

“Actually, I’m still at the hospital… I didn’t go home last night”

“Mwo? Omo… waeyo?”

He heard her yawn on the other line

“I had to finish something before I go on a leave next week”

“Where are you going?”

“I decided to take a leave so we can plan out our wedding”

“Oh, so are you gonna go home?”

“Neh but then I’ll be back here after that to check on my patients”

“Okay well I’m going there… send me a message if you’re back araso?”

“Neh oppa ~ annyeong”

“Annyeong”

He placed away his phone and reached the ground floor where he then got into his car and drove off.

‘Should I get her breakfast?’

He quietly thought to himself as he passed by some shops; he stopped by a pastry shop where a lot of people recognized him. Not for long, fans were crowding outside the said shop; he ran to his car and immediately drove off. They were asking so much about his wedding.

He set the food on the passenger seat and even bothered to stop by a coffee shop to get her, her favourite coffee. He needed to win her heart today once again; at all cost he needs to get her to agree to have a traditional wedding!

As he got to the hospital, it was just in time that she texted him that she arrived. He walked into her office with the coffee and pastries in hand; her secretary still wasn’t there so he directly knocked on her office door.

“Come in”

She said and so he pushed the door and entered surprising her as he placed the coffee and pastries on her table. Youngmi couldn’t help but smile.

“Omo… what’s all of this?”

She asked covering her smile with her hands

“I figured you might have not gotten breakfast yet”

Heechul sat down on the guest chair while she sat down on her own chair; they talked a little bit over coffee then that’s when Heechul brought up the topic.

“So about the wedding…”

He set down his cup of coffee on the table while she munched on some cookies

“Oh yeah… I was thinking about if I should rent or have my wedding gown custom made”

She stated brightly; Heechul swallowed hard

“Let’s go for traditional wedding”

He said it straightforward making silence fall upon them both. Youngmi gave him one of those looks that seemed to say ‘are you kidding me?’; Youngmi placed down the remaining cookie.

“Did you do all of this to bribe me?”

She asked in disbelief; Heechul looked around as if he had no idea.

“Heechul!”

She shouted to grab his attention; he turned to her with a blank face

“Look traditional is more cultural and plus we won’t spend so much”

He explained; Youngmi couldn’t believe him, no wonder he brought her, her favourite coffee and pastries!

“Heechul! We both know very well that financial matters aren’t a problem, I’ll spend a million just to have my dream wedding and you know that!”

Heechul got up with a sigh and walked behind her grabbing her shoulders to calm her down.

“Aigo ~ Youngmi-ah, why don’t we just use the big money to start a family?”

“We aren’t even married yet and you’re talking about a family?!”

Heechul walked back to his seat and slumped down

“Calm down will you woman? Traditional wedding isn’t that bad, it’s actually a part of Korea besides… spending so much on a wedding seems overrated”

Youngmi gasped

“That’s my dream you’re talking about!”

Heechul puffed out a breath, sometimes she was just so hard to talk to.

“Okay, okay… look let’s talk about this some other time and give it some thoughts too araso?”

“I’ll think about it but I certainly can’t assure you that it will change my mind”

“Dr. Nam Youngmi please proceed to the 4th floor now, Dr. Nam Youngmi you are needed at the 4th floor now… thank you”

Youngmi gave him one last firm glance and grabbed her stethoscope before leaving the office

“I’ll call you later Heechul”

With that she was gone.

-

For the rest of the afternoon; Heechul went around the city visiting his donsaengs in their appointments and by sunset he went out with Leeteuk, Shindong, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook to grab dinner.

“So did you talk to Youngmi-noona, hyung?”

Ryeowook asked taking a piece of meat; Heechul clicked his tongue

“Neh…”

“Then why do you sound like you’ve been crushed into pieces?”

Shindong questioned

“You should have heard her; I looked like I was in a prosecutor’s office… AISH! It’s hard to talk to her when she’s pissed”

Heechul was obviously not having a good day

“Did you try bribing her with her favourites?”

Kyuhyun followed another question

“Neh but when she knew I was bribing her she got mad at me”

“So she didn’t agree?”

Leeteuk asked this time and Heechul hung his head low

“Aniyo… well she didn’t fully disagree but she’s gonna think about it”

Kyuhyun set down his chopsticks and spoke

“Actually hyung… there’s a way to convince her…”

The magnae said in full confidence and everyone turned to him; Heechul paid special attention.

“How?”

He asked his donsaeng, Kyuhyun smirked.