The Last Battle

Wedding Wars

CHAPTER 39: The Last Battle


One more week before the awaited wedding day and the media was again on their toes. A lot of articles have been published both on paper and the web; fans grew more and more anxious each day, all asking if there was going to be a broadcast or none.

Heechul, I think we should just switch the date...”

She told him as they both sat down inside the dorm, she was peeling potatoes in the kitchen, Ryeowook was cooking and Heechul sat across her, eating the cooked rice cakes that were yet to be used.

Aigo, let's not! I'll make it on the wedding day!”

I'm just taking precautions...”

She mumbled and began to cut the now fully peeled potato into cubes. Ryeowook took the plate of rice cakes from Heechul.

Hey!”

Heechul whined; Youngmi sighed and shook her head sideways before placing the knife down.

You know hyung, you should consider Youngmi-noona's idea... it's just precaution after all”

Ani! I'll be there”

Youngmi looked at him with a small smile

If you say so”

-

3 days to go

Everyday, she woke up to her heart beating fast. The days were slowly decreasing; she picked up her phone from the side table and realized that Heechul was going to be leaving this afternoon for Vietnam. Or in other words... the last stop for Super Show 3.

She puffed out her sigh; it wasn't the wedding that was scaring her... it was the question: would Heechul make it in time? She let out a yawn and got out of bed. Walking to her closet to pick out what to wear for the day, she was making sure that she would not be changing into another one for the trip this afternoon.

She rummaged through the hanged clothes and took out a white long sleeved shirt, a pair of black jeans and her black ankle boots with heels then went to the bathroom afterwards. As she was about to step inside the shower, her phone rang.

Tsk, who could it be?”

she groaned, turning off the shower and walked back to her room, she picked up her phone and put it against her ear

Yeoboseyo?”

Noona, can you give us nutrition shots?”

she raised a brow

Eunhyuk?”

Deh ~ omo, by the way good morning noona!”

I'm not authorized to give you nutrition shots plus... aren't you afraid of needles?”

I was hoping you know something similar to it but can be taken by mouth”

She scratched the back of her neck, thinking of an equal medicine.

I don't think you need nutrition shots, just take vitamins and drink plenty of water, make sure to have a nice meal too... you'll be fine”

From the background she heard a door open and slam close then Heechul's voice

Eunhyuk-ah! Who are you talking to? ---I was just asking noona for some ad--- Eh, eh, eh, give me the phone! --- But hyung -”

Heechul!”

she said in a scolding manner

Yah, why are you taking calls from other men?”

It's too early in the morning Heechul, don't start with me”

Pfft, anyway, pick something nice to wear today”

She smiled and nodded her head

Neh, I'll go shower now”

Smell nice for oppa and don't call Hyukjae again!”

she put the phone down and shook her head sideways before walking back to the bathroom.

-

Heechul sat down inside the van's passenger seat while the some sat in the back and the others were in the other van with Leeteuk. They were on their way to the airport for their scheduled flight to Vietnam.

Hyung, I thought you were going to bring Youngmi-noona to say goodbye?”

Yesung asked. Heechul pulled out his phone to update his twitter and mumbled

She's already in the airport waiting”

I don't get it, why didn't you just switch the date? I mean, didn't you say you were unfavorable of May eight?”

Kyuhyun asked. Heechul turned around from his seat and looked at the magnae;

You know, you guys have become quite pesky about my wedding lately”

Well you're not the only one who's going to race back to Korea after concert, in case you forgot...”

Kyuhyun stated. Donghae pouted his lips

We're part of the wedding too, hyung! And why did you even schedule it to be at eight in the morning?”

Heechul sat back in his seat comfortably. They were nearing the airport already.

The day of the wedding is eight, so it's only good to get the ceremony going at eight in the morning... By the way, hyung did you get us the tickets for the return already? I don't want any delays”

he asked their manager who was driving. They never even saw their tickets yet, usually because the staff always hands them out when they arrive so they wouldn't lose it.

Deh, you leave at 11:40 in the evening and you're expected to arrive in Korea at six in the morning... are you really sure about this wedding?”

Heechul snapped a gaze at their manager

Wae? Do I look like I'm kidding?”

Their manager coughed a bit and shrugged his shoudlers

Ani, but you know how divorce is looked down upon”

Sungmin sniggered; he was seated behind the driver.

Hyung, that's impossible! You should meet Youngmi-noona, she tolerates Heechul-hyung well”

Yah, yah, yah, Sungmin-ah, if you were in my place you'd understand why... that woman is a shark!”

Heechul exaggerates; Yesung leans forward from his seat beside Sungmin.

Hyung, your wedding invitation was really daebak; where did you have it made?”

Yesung-ah...”

The manager calls him and he looks at him through the rear view mirror.

You're not getting married yet”

Yesung puffed out a sigh and Heechul turns to him

Go get a girlfriend first”

-

OPPPPPA!”

Ah yes, the ear breaking screams of the fans that have come to see them off. The flashes of cameras, the suffocating air, the tight spaces, and ofcourse the security making sure they pass through safely. Heechul felt himself being pulled back by the arm and when he turned around, he saw Sungmin pointing at something at a distance.

What?”

He asked, he turned his head and saw a large banner: CONGRATULATIONS HEENIM! SARANGHAE!

The other members also noticed and fished out their phones to take a photo. Eventually, they got out of the crowd; As soon as Heechul got through the pair of doors, he saw her rise from a chair, smiling at them and for some reason, he could not help but feel something surge inside his stomach.

Something good.

Noona!”

Sungmin and Donghae both ran towards her, engulfing her in a hug. Heechul and Leeteuk followed close behind the two; when they finally released her, Leeteuk ruffled her hair. Heechul let out a hiss and slapped Leeteuk's hand away before fixing her hair. The boys gathered close to them.

Noona, the invitation was really daebak! Aigo, I'm excited for your wedding day”

Ryeowook comments, placing his passport over his heart and grins in excitement. Youngmi smiles and scratches the back of her neck.

Aigo, you guys have to concentrate on your last show, first”

Heechul brings an arm around her shoulders and rubs the side of her arm.

Ofcourse! Don't overwork yourself while we're gone, okay yeobo?”

She scrunches her faces a bit at what Heechul called called her but the members just laughed it off except for Kyuhyun who looked playfully disgusted. He crossed his arms over his chest

Aish, save the sappy names when you two are alone! Sheesh!”

Kyuhyun-ah, you should get a girlfriend! You're becoming bitter!”

Shindong chuckles and pokes the magnae's side. Kyuhyun glared at him.

You should get married soon too, Heechul-hyung proposed after you yet he's getting married first”

We're just taking our time!”

Shindong defends. Awhile later, the speakers sound and they are called for their flight. Everyone says their goodbyes to Youngmi and Heechul was last.

We'll make it”

He give her a half smile. Youngmi gently pounds his chest and smiles back

You better”

He pats the side of her cheek before turning around to leave and catch up with the rest f the boys. Youngmi puffs out a heavy sigh as she watches Heechul give her one last wave before disappearing. She bit her lower lip and turns around; silently praying that they do make it back in time.

-

GET READY FOR THE LAST BATTLE

Kyuhyun and Heechul tapped away on their controllers; they were going to leave later in the evening for rehearsals that was probably going to last until the final hours before show time.

Go! Hyung!”

Donghae bit on the pillow; Eunhyuk was staring intently on the screen as both of them lied on their fronts on the bed, watching Heechul & Kyuhyun battle it out. Kick. Kick. Slap. Double kick. Heechul was slowly winning.

Ha! Take that Cho. Kyu. Hyun!”

Kyuhyun smirked

Really? That's the best you've got?”

Kyuhyun suddenly changed the game play as his character avoided a kick and came up behind Heechul's character, grabbing his character by the neck and doing an immediate finishing move

NO!”

GAME OVER

Kyuhyun shoots up to his feet, holding his fists up while Heechul falls back with a heavy sigh. Eunhyuk rolls off the bed and gets to his feet while Donghae buries his face in the pillow. The door opens and their manager enters with Leeteuk & Siwon.

Alright guys, let's get moving”

Kyuhyun plops down on the bed, almost hitting Donghae and everyone lets out a groggy sigh. Eunhyuk stretches his hands over his head and asked

What time is it?”

It's four in the afternoon”

Leeteuk answers; Heechul gets up from the floor and walks to the closet. He hasn't unpacked his bag at all, saying that it would be easier and save time if ever the show finishes later than the set time.

Go now, get yourselves ready”

Their manager says and exits the room. Leeteuk and Siwon stay to hang for awhile; they were already suited up and ready to go.

You're getting married the day after tomorrow yet your here in Vietnam”

Leeteuk chuckles; Heechul turns to his hyung with a smirk

I'm hard working, what can I say?”

Don't you need beauty rest?”

Eunhyuk asks as he hauls Donghae out of the bed.

Yeah but I'm pretty no matter what unlike Youngmi, she needs it more than I do”

he sniggers; Siwon then defends

Hey, don't talk about noona like that... she might trip back home”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and sits up to face Siwon

Hyung, tell me what you got Heechul-hyung & Youngmi-noona”

Siwon looks at Kyuhyun

I can't tell you that, not with Heechul-hyung around... he should open my gift with noona”

I bet it's a bible”

Donghae says as he and Eunhyuk make their way out of the room. Kyuhyun chuckles and heads for the door too

I knew it”

Siwon sighs and pushes his donsaeng out of the door leaving Leeteuk. Heechul shook his head sideways at Siwon; Leeteuk smiles and walks over to Heechul, pulling something out from his back pocket. He hands it out to Heechul who looks down at it and took it

What's this, hyung?”

A gift; by the way, I called Youngmi earlier...”

What?! You didn't tell me?!”

Aigo, relax! Anyway... this is just my little gift for the two of you when we get back”

Heechul looked at the envelope and opened it up; his eyes almost popped out. His cheeks growing red a smile creeping on his face

Omo, hyung I can't accept these... really”

Aniya! Come on! It's not everyday you get married so just take it”

Heechul kept the envelope inside his bag so he wouldn't lose it. Heechul took his small duffel bag with him and they both left the room.

-

Youngmi-ah... wake up”

She stirred and slowly opened her eyes; her heart was pounding again. She saw her mom sitting on the side of her bed while her sister stood.

Time to head to the hotel; Ms. Haera's already there”

Her mother told her. She sat up holding her head, it was feeling heavy today; she asked what time it was and Hyunjung told her it was already lunch. She let out a groan realizing that she had overslept but can she really blame anyone? She stayed up until four in the morning because she couldn't sleep thanks to over thinking.

Youngmi had her share of fears and as much as she trusts Heechul, she still had doubt on the corner of her mind. She got out of bed and walked to her closet; Hyunjung went out of her room saying

I'll go ahead with umma, your bags have been packed so we'll take it there just follow, alright?”

Youngmi let out a yawn and walked to the bathroom

Araso ~”

Don't forget to lock the house, dear”

Her mother reminded.

After her shower and changing into some clothes, she was grabbed her handbag and went down, getting ready to leave when a knock came on the door; she placed a hand over her heart feeling it beat fast, she was scared for a moment. She opened the door and all of a sudden

Youngmi-ah!”

She blinked her eyes as Heejin squealed and wrapped her arms around her little-sister-in-law.

Unnie, what are you doing here?”

she blinked at Heejin as they both broke the hug. Heejin grinned

I'm here to make sure you're not going to nervously break down! Tomorrow's your wedding day, remember?”

Youngmi nodded, forcing on a smile despite the nervous feeling. After some little talk, the two of them made their way to the hotel where Heejin had told her that the Kim family has already arrived there; she also told Youngmi that the venue was slowly being readied and Ms. Haera was there too.

By tomorrow, it will become like a wonderland!”

Youngmi pursed her lips together and Heejin could clearly see fear and anxiousness on her face. She placed a hand on top of Youngmi's shoulder; since the younger one was driving, she only could glance at Heejin for a second.

Sorry, what were you saying unnie?”

Aigo, are you still worried about Heechul?”

She let out a heavy sigh

It's not that I doubt him but it's just that... things could go wrong, you know and...”

You know if it makes you feel any better, Heechul's going to take a flight back later in the evening after the show... Now don't go worrying or you'll look so stressed tomorrow!”

Heejin laughed, cheering her on. Finally, they arrived at the hotel and her heart couldn't have fluttered more. As Heejin and her had finally checked in, her phone rang while they were riding up the elevator.

Hello?”

Youngmi answered; the other line was loud

Youngmi-ah! I'm at rehearsals! Where are you?”

Heechul!”

she smiled

I'm at the hotel”

Ah really?! How is it?! Is everything ready?! YAH! Donghae! Stop bothering me!”

she smiled, biting her lower lip.

I haven't seen it yet... your family's gonna arrive later; do well on your concert oppa”

DEH! I'll be there before you even know it!”

Break a leg!”

YAH! Don't be like that! How do you expect me to stand if I break my leg?! Aish! This woman!”

Yah! That's another phrase for good luck you pabo!”

Tch, anyway I have to go now! Don't trip!”

Aish... deh!”

And Youngmi!”

What?”

SARANGHAE!”

she couldn't even answer back; he had put the phone down.


Author's Note: Hello everyone! sorry for the lack of updates! I felt uninspired lately, anyway are you all excited for the wedding? you're all invited! kekeke, let's jsut hope Heechul makes it in time along with the rest of the boys! Anyway, please leave comments! I'd like to hear your thoughts. Take care everyone! :)