The Interview

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 8: The Interview

 

 

 


 

After the little visit in Gangwon, Youngmi & Heechul were back in Seoul.

She could feel the guy’s disappointment although she didn’t know why. The meeting with family was pretty great and everyone was just so welcoming, even his grandmother was extra sweet whenever she saw Youngmi.

Today, Heechul had a schedule and since Youngmi had her week off from the hospital she was invited by him to tag along. Because the others were going to take the van, Heechul decided to drive to venue because Youngmi was coming along & it all seemed fine with his manager.

However, the truth of this all was that he deceived her. The reason why he invited her was because this was going to be an interview for a show along with the rest of Super Junior which she had no idea at all whatsoever.

The drive started off to be quiet and no one spoke a word; Youngmi honestly thought he was still upset but because he called her this morning and he seemed like he was in a great mood, she thought everything was okay which relieved her a bit.

She took out her phone from her bag and began to check her messages; the situation was awkward and Heechul could sense it. He took a quick glance of her then let out a sigh as he tightened his grip on the wheel.

“I was wondering…”

She began; she placed away her phone and zipped her bag closed.

“Since we can’t agree on anything else yet there’s this one thing we should think about”

He took a quick glance once again

“Mwo?”

“We should begin thinking about who to invite to the wedding”

Heechul fell quiet for a moment in deep thought then nodded his head, he then asked her

“You have your guests to invite too right?”

She nodded her head. Atleast they have something to agree on about despite everything else being messed up.

“We should invite 4Minute and Wonder Girls”

He said as he stopped the car for a red light; Youngmi chuckled quietly to herself, his fan boy image was slowly coming out. He glanced at her as they waited for the light to turn green.

“Did you call Hangeng?”

She asked him, his face suddenly lit up and he begun to drive once again as the light turned green.

“I thought you were the one who was gonna call him?”

“Ani – he’s your bestfriend isn’t he? Moreover, he might be your best man”

“He will be”

“Uh-huh but I don’t think traditional weddings require a best man”

Heechul rolled his eyes; the topic was slowly steering back into what wedding should take place and he was tired of talking about it for today. Finally, they arrived at a building and Heechul quickly parked the car. So many fans were waiting outside and Youngmi’s heart began to race.

Heechul unbuckled his seatbelt as she did the same, he reached into the back of the car and grabbed his bag, he put on his sunglasses and turned to her.

“Ready?”

He asked her, she glanced at the rear-view mirror and saw the other members coming out of the van. She nodded, though she was unsure and so he got out and closed the door. She took one last deep breath and pushed the door open as she saw Heechul waiting for her to come out.

She pushed the door open; if possible her ear drums would’ve gotten broken by now. Heechul quickly grabbed her hand as security surrounded them both and pushed their way into the building. She swore she felt some glares on her back; scream were everywhere even flashes of cameras but Heechul made sure to pull her along and prevent her from being eaten by the swarm of people.

Once they got inside, Heechul continued to pull her along with him until they got to a room where the rest of the members were. When she got inside the room, the boys all stood up and Kyuhyun ran to hug her but Heechul pushed him away.

“Keep away from her”

He told Kyuhyun but the magnae still managed to sneak behind them both and hugged the girl from behind which also surprised Youngmi. She just laughed awkwardly as Heechul smacked Kyuhyun at the back of his head.

“Aigo ~ Kyuhyun, stop bothering sister-in-law!”

Donghae scolded him, he sat down on one of the chairs infront of the mirror and began to get his make up on. She noticed that he wore something else; different from what he wore on the way here.

“So are you nervous Youngmi-ah?”

Leeteuk asked as he showed up from the changing area and sat down no the chair next to Donghae. She was confused by his question, Heechul had gone off to change clothes and she was seated on the chair next to Leeteuk by one of the stylists.

“Why would I be nervous?”

Sungmin appeared behind her and smiled as the noona began to brush her hair which confused her some more.

“Because of the interview for today! You’re going live with us, are you not?”

Youngmi raised a brow; Heechul then appeared and saw her looking at him through the mirror. He was fixing his collar and cuffs at that moment and stared back at her through the mirror aswell.

“What?”

He asked; this time she turned around

“What’s this interview they’re talking about?”

Heechul buttoned up his cuffs

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you but don’t worry they’ll just ask a few questions and it will be over in a few”

She turned back to the mirror, a look of disbelief in her eyes. No wonder she felt like something wasn’t right today;  truthfully, she felt upset that Heechul didn’t tell her and also because he promised her that she won’t have to be under the spotlight again especially in an interview. She already did it once and she never really planned on doing it the second time around.

However, seeing as though it was too late to turn back now she just decided to go with everything. She changed her clothes to a dress that the stylist gave her after her hair and make-up was done.

It was dark blue dress long sleeved dress that had white cuffs with gold buttons and a black belt went around the waistline. Her hair was left down and she had light make up on, her shoes were replaced with dark blue pumps.

After everyone had finally dressed up, they were finally called on set of the program and this was where Heechul noticed how Youngmi kept ignoring him, she was hanging around with Siwon & Ryeowook instead of him. Leeteuk noticed his stare and asked him

“Are you alright Chullie?”

Heechul turned to him and nodded with an unsure smile; he felt weird, usually he’d tell Leeteuk right away if he felt upset but this time he just couldn’t bring himself to it.

Over to where the three were, Siwon was asking her about the guest list as Ryeowook kept on suggesting people to invite. Because Heechul had so many celebrity friends, she was a bit intimidated. He could’ve married a celebrity but no, he just had to go ahead and ask her to marry him.

“Hangeng’s coming over for the wedding, I think”

She informed them, she could see just how their faces lit up with excitement upon hearing the news.

“Kibum said he’s gonna go to”

Shindong chuckled as he went over to them and sat down

“Is it just me or are you making this wedding some sort of reunion?”

She turned to him as her laughter slowly faded and spoke

“But wouldn’t that be great? At least you guys will see each other again and be Super Junior again... only missing one would be Kangin”

Their conversation was cut off when they were called to be seated in their respective seats. Ofcourse, since she was Youngmi and is Heechul’s fiancée it was only right that she’d be seated next to him. She was ignoring him and was doing great at it but now that they were next to each other she couldn’t do that especially on national T.V.

“Hey, are you ignoring me?”

He whispered over her shoulder as the crew were getting ready to go on air. She glanced at him and rested her elbows on the arm rest.

“Neh”

His eyes widened

“Waeyo?”

The host arrived and he sat properly, they shook hands for a moment then afterwards a guy began to count down. Then as it hit one, he gave the go signal and the host began to talk.


LIVE

The female host greeted everyone and also introduced the guests; she started off with Super Junior and just like that Leeteuk lead them.

“We are Super Junior!”

They said as they held up their palms; ELFs were screaming their hearts out as their oppas greeted them and applause filled the room. After introducing Super Junior, she introduced Youngmi.

“Today we only did not have the privilege to interview Super Junior regarding Heechul’s shocking news but we also have Youngmi here with us!”

Applause filled the room once again as Youngmi introduced herself. The show started off with some ‘how are you’s’ and stuff then she slowly began to work her way up to the wedding topic.

“So how did you react when you found out about Heechul’s plans of getting married?”

She asked, Shindong was first to answer the said question

“Ofcourse we were shocked, he asked our help during breakfast that day; at first I thought he was joking because I thought hyung only wanted kids so I was nervous aswell for the girl he’d marry”

Heechul turned to him

“Yah! I need a wife if I’m gonna have kids!”

Laughter filled the audience as Youngmi just quietly smiled.

“Ah Youngmi-shii, you seem like you’re the shy type”

She covered her lips with the back of her hand as she quietly laughed; mainly everyone thought it was just adorable.

“Honestly, I really don’t feel confident infront of the camera”

“But you’re pretty, noona ~”

Sungmin sang making the audience woo at his aegyo, Heechul sent him one of his glares and asked.

“Are you hitting on her Sungmin-ah?”

Sungmin just stifled his laughter and buried his face in his hands

Laughter erupted from the audience; they really were childish in front of the cameras. Well, they were Super Junior after all. Youngmi’s face turned red at the compliment, she wasn’t used to someone using aegyo on her except for Heechul.

“Anyway, Youngmi-shii is there something that Heechul has done which is very special for you?”

The host asked her, she thought for a moment then answered

“Well other than his proposal, he sent me flowers before we even got together”

Heechul’s face flushed and a regretful smile appeared on his face, he got up from his seat and ran to Leeteuk, he sat on the leader’s lap and buried his face on his neck.

“Omo, what’s wrong with Heechul-shii?”

The host asked, holding back her laughter while Youngmi just chuckled

“Tell us the story sister-in-law!”

Kyuhyun shouted impatiently, the host turned back to her as she began to relay the events of what happened

“Heechul was already out of the hospital that time but he was still required to come back every now and then for a check up; one time he came and called one of the nurses, being Kim Heechul she recognized him and thought he was going to give the flowers to her but then he said ‘Can you give this to Dr. Nam Youngmi? But don’t tell her it’s from me!’ – The nurse was just so dumbfounded, after that he just put on his sunglasses and left without even saying ‘thanks’!”

Heechul ran behind his donsaeng’s screaming and hid there, the audience didn’t know if they were going to be in ‘awe’ or if they were going to laugh.

“But the flowers were great, neh?”

The host asked, Youngmi smiled remembering

“Neh, it was bouquet of white lilies and red roses”

By this time, Kyuhyun and Siwon dragged Heechul back to his seat but he kept looking away as he continued to laugh at the situation. The audience erupted in ‘awws’ as Heechul regained his composure and sat properly.

“Leeteuk-shii how do you feel that your donsaeng got married first before you did?”

The leader smiled as he hung his head low for a moment then lifted it up with a sigh

“Heechul always wanted to get married, even if he’s awkward with kids he always wanted to have a family of his own”

Leeteuk took another sigh, for some reason it made everyone snigger

“Actually, I’m jealous that he’s getting married and I’m not! Heechul-ah! You should’ve waited for hyung to get married first!”

He finally admitted. The rest of the boys cracked up laughing.


The interviews went on and on for minutes and minutes to pass but after the cameras were off and the show had finally ended, Youngmi quickly went back to ignoring Heechul; she actually walked with Yesung back to the dressing room as Heechul just walked behind her.

After everyone had changed back to their original clothes, the couple bid everyone else goodbye. However, as they both walked along the hall Heechul pulled her into another empty hall and pushed her against the wall. She glared at him; he placed his hands on either sides of her face and leaned his forehead close to hers.

“Alright Youngmi, are you upset because I didn’t tell you?”

She looked away from him; Heechul got his answer, he let out a heavy sigh and hung his head low.

“You could’ve just told me...”

She mumbled, his hands dropped to her shoulders and slowly slid down her arms until he held her hands.

“I’m sorry okay?”

Youngmi kept quiet, she puffed out her cheeks and didn’t look at him. Heechul cupped her chin and made her face him though she still didn’t meet his eye contact; he wanted to smile so badly, she just looked so adorable which made him feel so giddy inside.

He then quietly leaned in and placed a peck on her lips; afterwards he just went fan-girling which surprised Youngmi.

“AIGO! It just seemed like we were in a drama or something!”

He noticed Youngmi looking away once again and smiled as he grabbed her hand then began pulling her along.

“Kaja Kaja ~ oppa will make it up for you”

-

Heechul drove her back to their dorm where he told her to make herself comfortable; she walked into his room and his computer then clicked on something which just pretty much made her smile.

Meanwhile, Heechul searched the fridge for something he wanted to do to make it up to her. He wanted to make her, her favourite even though he rarely cooked and doubted he was even good at it.

“Aigo ~ how do I do this?”

Back in the room, Youngmi felt her heart soften and her cheeks flush as he read through a document which she supposed Heechul wrote. It contained numerous names of people and on top of the document was written:

PEOPLE INVITED TO OUR WEDDING

It was organized too; there were his family’s names, her family’s names, celebrity friends, and he even identified V.I.P.’s –he also wrote some of his plans and how he foresaw the wedding. She knew that he wanted a modern wedding! It seemed like an hour or so when Heechul came inside carrying a tray of what smelled like...

“Ddukbokki?”

Heechul smiled and rushed to the bed, setting down the tray. Youngmi closed the window and got up from the seat then sat across him on the bed, it even and cheese on it! She couldn’t help but smile.

“I told you I’d make it up for you! Anyway let’s talk about the guests”

He said, she smiled and grabbed a pair of chopsticks then began eating; he observed her reaction and since he didn’t hear any complaints he guessed everything was good.

“I think you got it all figured out oppa, just print out the document you made”

Heechul’s eyes widened, he looked away from her while Youngmi continued to eat. Heechul turned back to her and cleared his throat.

“I’ve been thinking lately Youngmi and –“


A/N: Cliffy ~ :P