The Cake

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 25: The Cake

 


 

The idol is subject to no commitment while his/her contract is still in validation.

It was clearly stated in the contract. It was stated in his contract. In Heechul's contract and this matter was of big help to Hyerin because she has reviewed all of SM Entertainments terms and conditions and also being an ELF in the past, she has known that idols cannot date anyone while they are under the company's contract otherwise it would be subject to

TERMINATION

Heechul was enjoying his week so far; he made Pat Bing Soo with Youngmi and the guys yesterday, ate some delicious pasta that the doctor made the following day as a sort of gift of appreciation for his efforts for her surprise birthday a few days ago and he and his wife to be had some karaoke night with Super Junior the day after that and now although he was back to his schedules, he was ready for some new stress to come his way.

'I should give her a call'

he thought; he was on his way to a calendar shoot with the other guys and they had left Hangeng in the apartment with Youngmi who had promised to come over to keep him company. Heechul dialed up her number and placed the phone over his ear, listening to her ever so tacky but adorable ring back tone of a nursery rhyme she recorded of him singing

finally, she picked up

Yeoboseyo?”

Thank god you picked up, I was getting sick of listening to that song”

You do know that you're insulting your own singing right?”

he pursed his lips together; she had a point.

I'm gonna pretend that you never asked that; where are you?”

Oh, I'm about to go out with Geng, he said he'll help me with the wedding stuff”

Like what stuff?”

he raised a brow

You know, invitation check ups, guest list finalization, cake tasting and -”

Cancel the cake tasting! We have to do that together”

What? Aish, I can't cancel that! It's scheduled today”

Heechul bit his lower lip, deep in thought. Cake tasting was the one thing he's looked forward to and as Leeteuk has said, it was the best part of planning a wedding because the wedding cake to be used was going to hold some significant meaning.

Okay, okay, what time is the cake tasting?”

4:30 this afternoon, are you gonna make it?”

he pulled the phone away from his ear, covering it so Youngmi won't hear anything on the other line. He called for his manager hyung who was driving.

Hyung, am I free by 4 PM?”

he whispered, his hyung glanced at him through the rearview mirror and raised a brow

Well it depends really, why? Wedding matters?”

Cake tasting”

his manager hyung slowed the car down to a stop; Sungmin closed his gaming console and turned to Heechul

Hyung, can I come?”

Heechul sneered at him earning him a pout from the aegyo king

You have a taping from 1 PM to 4:50 PM then after that you're free”

Heechul thought for a moment; 20 minutes late, cake tasting shouldn't take that long, right? Plus afterwards, he could take her out for dinner.

'Perfect!'

he thought and returned to the phone

Youngmi?”

Deh?”

Delay it okay? I'll be there just wait for me, text me the address”

he heard her sigh on the other line

Araso, araso but don't be super late okay?”

Yah, I'm Kim Heechul, I wake up 2 hours prior to scheduled time to get myself ready!”

Yeah sure, I gotta go oppa, annyeong!”

the other line closed in on him.

-

Snow was falling all over Seoul making it an almost perfect depiction of a winter wonderland. December had fallen upon them all and Christmas was just around the corner; Heechul and the boys were still busy and Hangeng was being called upon by China to return for his pending activities.

Don't you guys have a wedding coordinator?”

She nodded her head to answer the question. Youngmi slowed the car down and parked it to the side of the street along with all the other cars. She unbuckled her seatbelt and reached into the back seat for her umbrella, she handed one to Hangeng and grabbed her bag.

We still like taking things into our own hands though”

She explained. They both got out of the car and with a push of a button she locked it. They began walking down the snowy street, heading for the branch responsible for their wedding invitation.

I still can't believe he's getting married”

He chuckled as they continued to stroll down the street. A couple of people had already noticed Youngmi since she was the one that didn't wear a disguise while Hangeng was trying his best not to get recognized more over attract anyone at all.

I mean, Heechul's not the ideal son-in-law you know”

Youngmi let out a light laugh as they continued to stroll; thankfully, the snow wasn't heavy.

Really? Umma would beg to disagree Geng”

She smiled at him and turned to enter the shop as Hangeng followed behind. As soon as they both were out of the cold and into the warmth, they greeted the owner of the shop and almost immediately she brought out with her the printed invitation sample for final corrections.

To say the least; it was...

Beautiful”

Youngmi smiled brightly and opened it; on the right side page was a photo of Heechul & her, Heechul as Cinderella and Youngmi as the prince holding his shoe then on the right side of the page, she read the pretty silver words:

You are courteously invited...

She flipped onto the next page and big words occupied two of the pages

to witness Kim Heechul & Nam Youngmi's unification in Holy Matrimony

Wow, it looks like a photobook”

Hangeng mentioned, Youngmi was too much in awe. They both sat down on the seats, Hangeng was also given a second copy so that he could do some sightseeing himself. Youngmi flipped onto the next page where two pages held the photo of her and Heechul's sunset kiss. Onto the next page was the date and place of where the wedding and reception was going to take place.

At exactly 7:30 in the morning of

May 8 at Mayfield Hotel's garden

Youngmi smiled at every page she turned; her dreams of walking down the aisle were slowly coming to a reality. The next page contained a photo of them same as the next one and then on the next page was where everything started; the name of the parents, her dad's name was even included.

 

Mr. Kim *********

Mrs. Kim *********

Mr. Nam Chulsoon

Mrs. Nam Hwayoung

(A/N: Mianhe, I don't know the name of Heechul's parents, google didn't provide the information)

On the next page was a photo of them and then the maid of honor, her sister's name and also Heechul sister's name so it was best right to say that she had 2 maid of honors though she didn't really think that it was a possibility then there was also the Best man.

 

Maid of Honours

Kim Heejin & Nam Hyunjung

Best Man

Han Geng

The next page held the names of the bridesmaids and the grooms men.

Following that page were names of the ring bearer, the coin bearer -they even had that- the flower girls, the principal and secondary sponsors.

After that were 4 pages filled with photos of them then the name of guests. It took up 4 pages, each written on the left side while the right side was printed with a photo of them. On the 3rd to the last page was a collage of photos, a large one on the center was both of them smiling like there was no tomorrow, her hands on his neck and his hands around her waist; all around it were photos of them together and even ones from Heechul's computer and hers.

On the second to the last page were the words written:

To forever cherish and uphold, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health 'til death do us part”

then on the very last page was a photo of them on the corner looking up to the skies.

This is... wow... I don't know what to say really”

she said as she stood up and handed the sample back to the lady who smiled at their job.

I think it's amazing”

Hangeng said; the lady was surprised at him really after she took a good and long hard look

Omo! You're -”

Yup, that's me”

He smiled at the lady. After Youngmi gave the approval for the invitations the shop owner had asked if they could have a picture together, seeing as there was nothing wrong with it, Youngmi agreed.

The invitations were to be hardbound and be kept close with a ribbon then sent to the respective guests. Hangeng and Youngmi left the shop and grabbed lunch together at a place that she reserved and to ease up Hangeng's tension, she had a special reservation at a private room so that he won't have to wear his disguise whilst eating lunch. Ryeowook was going to join them both.

Hangeng let out a releived sigh upon removing his disguise and ran a hand through his hair; Ryeowook arrived shortly and they all ordered up.

How did it go noona?”

Ryeowook asked, curious as he took a piece of meat into his mouth.

The invitations are great, you should've seen them”

she cheerfully told him, Geng chuckled as Ryeowook did so too

Well, I'll be receiving one any day now”

Ryeowok stated. Upon their peaceful lunch, a phone rang: it was Hangeng's

Excuse me”

Ryeowook and Youngmi gave him a nod, the eternal maknae turned to his sister-in-law -as they call her- for any answers but she could only shrug not having any idea too. Hangeng returned to his seat a few minutes later.

What was that about hyung?”

Ryeowook asked; Geng looked pretty hesitant but he spat it out anyway

I have to leave for China tomorrow otherwise, I'll be put on hiatus”

Ryeowook looked surprised, Youngmi... otherwise.

Well, the wedding is still quite far, you should go”

she smiled

What about Heechul?”

he sounded worried over his bestifriend. Youngmi set down her chopsticks, reached over and placed a hand over Hangeng's hand and smiled at him.

Don't worry, I'll take care of him”

Ryeowook turned to him

But hyung, you have to promise that you'd be here on the day of the wedding!”

Geng smiled and crossed his heart

Promise”

-

Hangeng went home to fix up his luggage for tomorrow while Youngmi went ahead and waited for Heechul at the cake shop for the cake tasting that he promised he'd come to. The cakes have already been laid out onto the tables, pieces of cakes on different plates and white wine for two, there was also a couple of books that contained pictures of the cakes, their names and details about them.

The doctor checked on her watch again for possibly 50th time that afternoon. She was left alone waiting for Heechul.

Aish, where is he?”

she took her phone out of her pocket and was about to dial his phone number when

Here!”

and just like that, Heechul appeared through the doors, the bell ringing and the cake shop owner appeared with a smile on his face. Heechul gave his fiancee a hug and kiss on the forehead while she sighed and hugged him back.

You're late”

Heechul chuckled and broke the hug

It's 4:55 Youngmi ~ you must be the shop owner, Kim Heechul by the way”

he shook hands with the man

It's an honor to be making your wedding cake Mr. Kim”

Heechul pouted cutely

Aigo ~ don't call me Mr. Kim, Heechul is fine, Mr. Kim is my father”

they all exchanged conversations and laughter for a short while then they began the cake tasting. Heechul sat down with Youngmi on the table full of cakes and grabbed a plate where a pink cake with white frosting outside and a white icing inbetween the layers.

What's this?”

he asked as he took a bite and gave some to Youngmi aswell, feeding her himself.

Strawberry Blitz; the batter for the bread is made with real strawberries, the icing inside is also made with strawberries and the frosting for its exterior is sweet cheese”

the chef explained; Youngmi's eyes twinkled, she took a sip of her white wine

That's really good”

Heechul glanced at her but shook his head; he set the plate down and moved onto the next one. A blueberry cheescake classic only that, the bread of the cake was really blue and not just any blue, sapphire blue.

I like this one, let's go with this one!”

Heechul smiled wryly but Youngmi shook her head and took away the plate from Heechul, setting it down on the table. As they moved onto a couple more cakes with disagreement on each others preferences; the chef eventually left them both to be alone together to tend some other guests on the other side of the shop; the couple were inside a private room.

By the way, where's Hangeng?”

Youngmi seemed to have frozen hearing his name, she totally forgot about him. Youngmi set the fork down and turned to Heechul, grabbing the fork away from his hand and placed it down aswell as she then grabbed his hand firmly in hers.

Heechul eyed her suspiciously.

Don't freak out, okay?”

she told him, Heechul let out an irritated sigh and adjusted himself in his seat so that he can face her properly.

What is it about Geng, Youngmi?”

Youngmi took a deep breath

He needs to go back to China, first thing tomorrow”

He did, he freaked out. Heechul shot up from his chair and yelled

BWO?!”

Youngmi got up and grabbed him by the shoulders, pushing him down to sit back on his chair

Heechul, he promised that he won't be missing on the wedding day”

Heechul looked away from her and attempted to take his phone out but Youngmi stopped him

Heechul, Hangeng needs to go back otherwise he'll be put on a long suspension for his absence but he will be back for the wedding, he promised that”

Heechul let out a sigh and turned to face her

Fine, but... we go with that blueberry cheesecake”

Youngmi couldn't help but chuckle

Aniyo, let's have the gold one”

Heechul nodded his head sideways and crossed his arms over his chest

Blueberry!”

he whine like a kid, Youngmi sighed and stood up.

How about this, we'll mix it up a bit okay?”

Fine, fine but Hangeng better be there on the wedding day!”

Youngmi rolled her eyes and walked away to talk to the chef. As she was gone, his phone rang and he raised a brow at who was calling.

'What does he want from me?'

with a sigh, he pressed the phone to his ear

Yeoboseyo?”