The Surprise

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 2: The Surprise

 


 

 

7:53 PM (7 minutes left)

Heechul fixed up his collar & cuffs then taking one last glance at his hair on the rearview mirror then got out of his car; his heart was pounding faster & faster as he walked up to the salon where Donghae & Eunhyuk left her. a final puff of breath & he opened the door, he walked up to the front counter & cleared his throat.

“Is Nam Youngmi here?”

The girl smiled at him & nodded her head

“Ofcourse, I’ll go call her…”

He left him momentarily, he looked around the salon then out of the blues just as he turned to the far back of the place a door opened & someone walked out. A girl wearing a black turtleneck mini dress, wearing black pumps, her hair curled & pulled to the side & earrings glimmering walked out.

She lifted her face with a small smile & there Heechul was left speechless, behind all the knack & cranny was his girlfriend… Nam Youngmi.

He broke into a smile as she walked up to him with her bag of clothes in hand.

“Shall we go?”

She asked snapping him out of his daze

“Ah, uhm… sorry for staring but wow, Donghae & Eunhyuk did a great job!”

He said in pure awe, she only rolled her eyes as he then offered him his arm & they both walked out of the salon. Heechul was a complete gentleman today; he even opened the door for her which rarely happens at all surprising the girl. He ran around to the driver’s seat & started the engine.

“You’re a complete gentleman today Heechul-ah, who forgot to give you your medication?”

She asked with a smirk as Heechul begun to drive the car to their destination

“Aish, you & Kyuhyun have been asking that question over & over again… I’m not insane okay?”

She sighed

“Then why are you doing all of this?”

He remained quiet as he smiled to himself keeping his eyes on the road

“Yah! Answer me!”

She demanded making him chuckle

“Because I feel like it, wae? Do you wish for me to act like this everyday?”

“Are you kidding me? It’s creeping me out!”

“Waeyo?”

“Because you are Kim Heechul”

“And?”

“It takes a miracle for you to treat me like a princess without the sarcasm… come to think of it, I smell something fishy”

Heechul smirked & took a quick glance at his girlfriend

“What are you up to Kim Heechul?”

She looked at him with suspicious eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest

“It’s our 3rd anniversary…”

He mumbled trying to steer away the subject

“No it’s not… it’s tomorrow you babo”

“So? I have a schedule tomorrow, that’s why I celebrated today…”

Convinced by the reason she gave up; as Heechul parked the car he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt & went out first so that he could open the door for her. After he did, she stepped out & as they both headed inside, he intertwined his fingers with hers; though Youngmi was still new to how Heechul acted this evening it was still nice.

They walked into the restaurant where Ryeowook & Yesung made reservations & as they got in a waiter immediately recognized & led them to their table near the window where the view was overlooking the Banpo Bridge.

“Okay Heechul, is it payday today? You’ve been spending ever since this morning”

The dictator sighed getting a little bit annoyed by her constant questions.

“Look Youngmi, just enjoy the moment”

She chuckled lightly & soon the food arrived. Dinner went great with the casual conversation that they had about work, hobbies, memories & all the other stuff.

“What time is it?”

Heechul asked, she checked her phone & said

“Uhm… it’s 10:35 why?”

He took a glance at the bridge, still no water coming out of its side he called for the waiter to get the bill then after getting it paid he got up from his seat.

“So shall we take a walk to Banpo?”

She smiled, he was certainly unbelievable today.

“Sure…”

They went out of the place & as suggested by her boyfriend they walked along the park hand in hand. It was quiet but it was peaceful & not awkward.

They walked & walked until such time that they’ve reached a bench near the river area; they sat there for awhile, Youngmi took off her shoes. Heechul noticed & scoffed to the side.

“I didn’t know you had pretty feet, I thought they were gonna look like some soccer player’s stinky feet”

She pouted & hit the back of his head

“Ow!”

“I knew you couldn’t handle it…”

“Handle what?!”

He asked rubbing the back of his head

“Not insulting me! You, Kim Heechul, certainly aren’t capable of keeping your tongue tied”

“Tch… Fine, you know what…”

He got up from the bench as the girl did too

“Your hair isn’t that perfect, you’re moody, you voice sounds like a man when you wake up & sometimes you’re just not fashionable enough! You’re imperfect, you’re a doctor & ---“

“And what?!”

He checked his phone for the time -11:45 PM- he reached into his pocket & handed her a blindfold

“Put this over your eyes”

“Why should I?”

She crossed her arms over her chest, her hands still holding the pair of heels.

“Just do it…”

Heechul said; rolling her eyes she snagged it away from him & put it on just as she was told

“Yah, Heechul if you’re planning on throwing me into the river I swear I’ll drown, die & haunt you forever!”

No one was answering her, where was Heechul?

“YAH! Are you ignoring me?!”

Still, no answer

She heard her phone ringing in her pouch bag, she reached for it & answered it without having to take a peek then she brought it close to her ear.

“Youngmi-ah…”

She heard Heechul’s voice & before she could start bashing on him he began to speak

“Remember how we met? I was still recovering from the accident… 2006 was when I first saw you at the hospital, you were checking my data for your fellow doctor & to be quite honest I was amazed at how professional you were; in 2007, I decided to get close with you then eventually we started dating in 2008…”

Her heartbeat began to race

“Actually, in 2008 when the doctors said that I was going to get my rods removed I didn’t know what to feel; happy or sad?”

“Sad?”

“Because I may not be able to see you anymore… but things turned out okay after the surgery & I was happy… I guess that accident was just some beautiful mistake & I thought: if meeting you needed me to be in an accident then you must be really worth it so I guess that’s why you mean so much to me”

The other line suddenly went dead; Youngmi was just speechless as her hand dropped to her side still clutching her phone & her other hand holding her heels & pouch.

Then out of the blues her ears got filled with a beautiful sound of music…

Eunhyuk began to rap

‘Marry U?’

She thought hearing the familiar melody; she took off her blindfold just as Sungmin began singing and she was in awe as they performed the song, there were even speakers! But where was Heechul? She swore she heard him rap.

There was this huge heart behind them & one each side there were little pillars with flowers and just as they performed the Banpo Bridge’s fountains went on.

(Pretty much: this was the performance & sorry to say but Geng nor Kangin nor Bummie’s here though they did appear in the video but it really depends on how you guys would want it; I miss the trio ): )

(PERFORMANCE VIDEO:)

 

When Heechul finally came out last, he didn’t sing the ‘I do’ part but instead walked up to her with a smile & then he got down on one knee, pulled out the box out of his pocket & opened the box revealing the ring

“Nawa Gyorhonhejulle ~ ?”

She was just speechless; so this was why Heechul did all of this, this was why he made everything so special and this was why he didn’t act so much like himself today, he did everything for her.

Tears were close to falling from her eyes; she dropped her shoes & pouch to the ground then with a smile on her face

“I will”

The boys behind them both clapped their hands cheering Heechul for his success; he inserted the ring on her finger then stood up as Youngmi wrapped her arms around him.

“Happy Anniversary Youngmi-ah”

She pulled him to arms length

“It’s not until tomorrow Heechul…”

He chuckled

“It is tomorrow, you said ‘I Do’ at exactly 12:00 midnight & it’s 12:02 so it is tomorrow already”

Heechul certainly was great with timings.