The Plan

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 1: The Plan

 


 

 

Morning

Heechul woke up after a long night of hard thinking & a little wink of sleep, his heart pounding hard and fast as he got out of bed and walked over to his dresser. He picks up his phone and dials her number then held it close to his ear; every ring sounded like a cold rush of fear & anticipation and finally…

“Good morning oppa”

The sweet sound of his girlfriend’s voice made him smile, his heart softened & it wasn’t everyday that Heechul felt like this nor was it everyday that she called him ‘oppa’ in a sweet voice.

“Good morning sleepy head how was your sleep?”

“Good ~ is it just me or are you so romantic today?”

Heechul chuckled & opened his drawer taking out a small box

“That’s just you… so, what are your plans for today?”

“Nothing… waeyo?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to see if you wanted to get dinner with me later or something like that”

“Hmmm… Kim Heechul, what are you up to?”

“Why don’t you just say yes & see for yourself?”

She laughed on the other line

“You are so sappy! But okay, I’ll take my chances… so what time?”

“Is eight a good number?”

“Yes it is… well I have to get up & clean the house now- Annyeong!”

The other line went off; he sighed in relief and went out of the room walking into the kitchen where everybody else was. Everyone seemed to have been crept out by his dazed smile most especially Leeteuk.

“Are you okay Heechul-ah?” the leader asked, “Maybe he forgot to take his medication…” Kyuhyun whispered over to Donghae as they quietly laughed; Heechul slumped down on his chair as everyone continued to stare at him, then finally…

“I’m gonna propose”

Siwon almost spat out his coffee as Sungmin & Ryeowook almost spat out their milk, everyone else turned to him in a unanimous question of “WHAT?!”

“Are you sure about this hyung?!” Donghae asked

“You’re gonna get married?!” Shindong added; Kyuhyun got up from his seat & yelled “Yah! Who forgot to give him his medication!?”

Yesung pulled him down to be seated once again; Heechul rolled his eyes at all of them & showed them the box, he opened it to reveal an infinity ring with a diamond at the very center.

“OHHHHHH ~”

Everyone wooed to sight of it. Heechul snapped the box closed & got up from his chair “And because we all don’t have schedules today, you’re all going to help me!” he exclaimed proudly with his hands on his hips; everyone’s face turned blank at the sudden demand of his.

“You’re not serious, are you hyung?” Kyuhyun asked once again breaking the silence, Heechul turned to him with a big smile on his face.

“Yes I am!”

For the next few hours during breakfast he tried to lay out plans with everyone, he was bound to make this special since the girl’s been blabbering about how she wanted these kinds of things to be out of this world or atleast romantic.

First problem: how to pop the question

“Hmmm… how about you place the ring on the dessert hyung?” Eunhyuk suggested but Kyuhyun contradicted it “Are you crazy? What if she eats the ring?”

“I know! Tie the ring in a balloon & give it to her while you’re down on one knee!” Yesung said but again Kyuhyun contradicted “Babo, what if Heechul-hyung let’s go of the balloon? It’ll fly up & be never seen again!”

This time Leeteuk suggested one “How about you take her out to a clear field then all of a sudden there’ll be fireworks! After that, a small plane with a banner behind it will fly by & the banner says: Will you marry me?” Again… Kyuhyun asked “But hyung! What if the fireworks hit the plane or what if –“

Ryeoowok got fed up & turned to the magnae “You’re so smart, why don’t you suggest something?” with a smirk, he got up from his seat & turned to everyone around the table “You play StarCraft against her; form your people to the words: WILL YOU MARRY ME?”

Everyone went silent then proceeded to ignoring him “Yah! That’s a good idea!”

Yesung pulled him down to sit once again. Finally, Heechul had an idea come up on his mind; he relayed it to everyone in the room.

“But what if she says ‘no’ hyung?” Kyuhyun popped another question; Heechul sighed in annoyance & turned to the magnae “Stop that before I get nervous so that’s the plan, araso? You guys are the best!” He then got up & left. Clutching the box in his hand, he smiled & disappeared to his room to pick out the perfect outfit.

 


 

It’s a nice day in Seoul & Super Junior members set out to do their respective tasks for Heechul’s plans this evening.

Leeteuk, Shindong & Siwon’s mission was to find the perfect spots for the proposal, the routes that Heechul will take; Sungmin & Kyuhyun were going to look for the perfect bunch of flowers & outfits too for some secret plan; Yesung & Ryeowook’s task was book up the restaurant where the two will have dinner later while Donghae & Eunhyuk were gonna take the clueless girl out for the perfect make over.

The duo walked up the girl’s home & knocked on the door where her mother answered, with a cheerful smile they both bowed in courtesy and greeted the lady “Annyeonghaseyo ~ is Youngmi home?” they both asked, the woman delightfully giggled at how adorable they looked whilst clapping her hands. “Omo ~ ofcourse she is, come in you two!” she stepped aside & let them in as she yelled “Youngmi-ah! Donghae & Eunhyuk are here to see you!”

Eunhyuk looked around the house & saw the quiet little altar that was in a corner that was for Youngmi’s father; she, her older sister & mother were the only ones left after he Dad passed away a couple of years ago. Her unnie worked for a big magazine company as an executive, her mother used to be a doctor but quitted after her Dad died & now she was a doctor herself.

Footsteps coming down the stairs filled their ears & soon the girl appeared; her hair in a messy bun, pink polka-dot shorts & an oversized white shirt saying: LOL – hard to tell that she was a doctor, plus she still had her big eyeglasses.

“Good morning Youngmi-ah!” they simultaneously greeted her earning another clap & giggle from the girl’s mother.

“Umma!” she whined; the two boys just smiled at her – Heechul was a lucky man. “What are you two doing here?” she asked as the two exchanged looks.

“We’re going out, the three of us” Donghae said, she shot them a suspicious look & crossed her arms.

“You’re doing this because of Heechul’s orders, right?”

They both just smiled & told her to get ready.

30 minutes or so later she reappeared once again; this time wearing a plain black shirt, a pair of white shorts, sneakers & her hair straight down to her back. After bidding her mom goodbye they set off to downtown Seoul; they dragged Youngmi to the different clothing stores having her try out several dresses. After finding the dress, they set off to find the perfect pair of shoes then after that they decided to grab some lunch before heading off to the salon which Youngmi still had no clue about.

“So… why are you two spending so much on me? That’s Heechul’s cash isn’t it?” she asked after taking a bite out of her sandwich, Donghae answered “Hyung told us to do whatever we want so here we are & yes, it is his money”

“So you know about our date later tonight then?” Eunhyuk nodded; right after lunch passed, the three of them went straight to the salon where Youngmi was busied upon by several stylists & make up artists.

At a corner, Eunhyuk called up his hyung.

“Hyung”

“Oh you called, so how is everything?”

“It’s going well, we’re at the salon right now… Youngmi-noona is getting a make over”

“Good, anyway I’ll text you the address of the restaurant later… araso?”

“Neh, annyeong ~”

 


 

Meanwhile, Heechul warmed his trembling hands as he raised it & pushed the doorbell. A few minutes later the door opened & he greeted the lady; “Oh, Heechul-ah! Youngmi went out with Donghae & Eunhyuk” He nervously laughed as the lady let him in “Ah… you see it’s you that I came to talk to…”

The lady giggled like a teenage girl, she acted so young & free for a married woman ofcourse “Don’t tell me that you’re gonna court me?”

Heechul chuckled as they both went to the kitchen; he sat down while the lady prepared some snacks.

“So, what do you want to talk to me about? Don’t tell me you’re gonna break up with my daughter” His eyes widened & with a nervous smile he nodded his head sideways “Aniyo! A-actually…” He trailed off, the lady settled down the snacks & sat opposite of him on the table then she noticed the boy’s uneasiness so she gave him a warm smile getting a clue about what was to happen next; she took a sip of her tea & turned to Heechul who began to talk “To be honest… for the first time in my life I don’t know how to express this, I’ve thought long & hard about this ahjumma… “

He spat out the truth relieving the burden in his heart a little bit; he reached into his pocket & showed the lady the box.

“I bought this thing 2 years ago & I’ve been waiting for the perfect someone to give it to and… I really think that Youngmi deserves it so… I’d like to ask for your daughter’s hand in marriage”

Silence.

The lady was surprised at everything he said & just stared at the box but after awhile she brought her hands to as tears began to form on the corners of her eyes; happiness was what she felt. Heechul smiled at her sincerely.

“I would not ask for anyone else for Youngmi-ah, Heechul-ah… if her father was here he’d be saying the same thing”

Relief gushed through Heechul’s veins as his heart & mind felt light, he has never been happier in his life.

“So… when do you plan on proposing to her?”

He let out a sigh “Tonight…”

 


 

Leeteuk, Shindong & Siwon were currently stopping for a snack; the leader checked his watch to see just how many hours they had left, the time was 1:50 PM & the dinner was going to be at 8:00 PM so 7 hours & 10 minutes left. “Aigo, location hunting is harder than I thought” Shindong said with a heavy sigh as he took a bite out of his food, Leeteuk kept thinking about where to go while Siwon was busy with a phone call. Finally putting away his phone he faced his hyungs with a smile.

“What’s with the face?” Leeteuk asked with suspicion in his voice “I know exactly where Heechul-hyung would propose…”

However, in Ryeowook & Yesung’s situation they had received help from their trusted stylist noona as they looked for the outfits for the secret task;

“So, what are you guys all up to anyway?” she asked Yesung as she handed them the wrapped up outfits

“Heechul-hyung’s getting married”

“WHAT?!” The girl was surprised telling by her tone of voice “That boy?! He proposed already to Youngmi-ah?”

Will propose is the correct term for it” Ryeowook remarked, they thanked her then left the building.

“So where did Leeteuk-hyung say the final spot was?” Ryeowook asked Yesung, he checked his phone & told the boy. They thought for a moment & smiled at each other getting the same thought.

“The Floating Island!”

So off they went to their destination of booking a table for the two lovebirds.

 


 

Back to Donghae & Eunhyuk, it was almost time for the date yet the girl was still not finish & needing to meet up with everyone else they walked over to her. “Youngmi-ah, don’t leave the salon araso? Heechul-hyung will pick you up later” Donghae informed her

“WAAAH! You’re leaving me?! What about the payment?!”

“Aigoo ~ don’t worry everything’s taken care of just change & everything when you’re done okay?” Eunhyuk assured her then with a finally goodbye they left her to the hands of the stylists.