The Question

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 3: The Question

 


 

 

“So Heechul-ssi, rumor has it that you are engaged & is soon to be wed can you neither confirm nor deny this?”

The host asked him, he was doing a guest appearance on a talk show & the rumor which people say, has been going around for days now.

Heechul just laughed & quietly thought for a moment then he finally spoke

“Yes, I proposed to my girlfriend just 2 weeks ago”

Everyone in the studio was shocked to hear the confirmation & some didn’t know just what they felt about it.

“It’s not for a drama or variety show is it? You’re not doing WGM are you?”

The host asked again & Heechul nodded his head sideways in great disagreement

“No I’m not, I really did propose to her & Super Junior was there to witness all of it”

The audience had mixed reactions; some ELFs were a bit sad about the thought of it while others cheered him on. He didn’t relay full the story of how it happened but gave little detail about it.

“So, who is the lucky woman Heechul-ssi?”

He just smiled & said

“Let’s all just wait until the marriage contract is released”


 

The news became widespread & soon the whole world knew about it but luckily, no one knew who his fiancée was but Super Junior & both families. Keeping Youngmi’s identity to the public eye was Heechul’s decision as much as he wanted the attention he was more concerned about her, the attention could affect not only her but her job, family & private life aswell. Sooner wasn’t always better that’s why he wanted to let everyone know who she was after the wedding was done that way there’ll be no interruptions or contradictions.

Various shows had invited Heechul to talk about his big news that shocked the public but when he heard that they also wanted him to bring along Youngmi, he declined. SM Entertainment wanted him to grab all the shows possible but he just wasn’t gonna give in to these brats.

He was threatened to be fired but he only smirked & told them

“If you fire me, you’ll loose money… do you know how many agencies would offer me contracts? Not only that, you’ll get more hate from the fans”

Heechul always had strong words, he may be a country boy but he knew his way around the bush. He was egoistic & full of confidence.

It was already around 5 AM when Heechul finished his schedules & headed home to the dorms; ever since the announcement of his engagement the company has been bombarding him with schedules, he hasn’t seen Youngmi for 2 weeks now so they couldn’t plan when the wedding was gonna be.

As he got inside the van, he checked his phone & found a text from her saying:

Get lots of sleep after your schedules oppa! :)

-          Youngmi (^^)v

He quietly smiled to himself & leaned his head back, shutting his eyes to get some sleep. Atleast he had the rest of the day to rest his body.

7:14 AM

Youngmi woke up to the sound of her alarm going off; sometimes she wonders why she became a doctor. Getting out of bed she headed straight to the bathroom & did her usual morning routine: take a bath, change to clothes, fix her hair then head downstairs for breakfast with her mom.

Her unnie wasn’t home often; she has a condo unit near her workplace & is often abroad for meetings & such. Her mom basically would live alone if she moves in with Heechul after the wedding.

“Good morning umma ~”

She sang as she hugged the lady & sat down; the lady only smiled as she glanced at her daughter.

“Is unnie coming home today?”

“Aniyo, she’s in Hong Kong for a meeting & won’t be back until next week…”

The lady sighed and mumbled as she turned back to her newspaper

“That girl really needs to get married soon”

“Aigo ~ unnie isn’t interested in that umma besides you shouldn’t pressure her”

“Youngmi, your unnie is turning 30 already she should settle down but she values her work more…”

Youngmi could just smile; she finished her breakfast & bid her mother goodbye then headed out the door. She unlocked her car & tossed her things inside afterwards she began to drive to the hospital.

Along the way, her phone began ringing – she plucked on her earphones & answered the call.

“Yeoboseyo ~”

“Yeoboseyo ~ Youngmi-noona!”

“Ah, Siwon-ah what is it?”

“I just called to ask if you’ve talked to Heechul about the wedding”

She quietly sighed; she hadn’t seen him for weeks already.

“Uhm… not yet but maybe we can talk about it sometime this week, I haven’t seen him for weeks now”

“Ohh ~ well anyway, you are planning on getting it held in the church right?”

“I don’t know yet, maybe? We’ll see what we can do…”

“Good ~ I’ll call you later Youngmi-noona!”

“Araso ~ annyeong”

She finally reached the hospital; after parking up her car she grabbed her bag & labcoat then got out of her car making sure to lock it. When she approached the front entrance, she couldn’t help but notice a crowd of people & as she got closer & closer one of them pointed at her then yielded.

“Dr. Nam!”

In a split second everyone surrounded her; they were all from the media industry & they were asking him various questions about Heechul!

“Dr. Nam is it true that you are Kim Heechul’s fiancée?”

“Can you confirm or deny this?”

“Is this a publicity stunt?”

“How did he propose?”

“So you secretly dated each other behind the public eye?”

She could only stay quiet; she hasn’t received so much attention before. The security broke a way through the crowd t& guided her inside. Once she was in, staffs were staring at her & the commotion outside. She put on her labcoat & made her way to her clinic.

She dialed Heechul’s number but the dictator wasn’t answering; letting out a sigh she called Leeteuk to see if he was home.

“Leeteuk-oppa”

“Ah Youngmi-ah! What’s up?”

“Is Heechul home?”

“Hmm… let me check… yeah, he’s asleep wae?”

“Uh… never mind I’ll call him later… bye oppa”

She placed away her phone & greeted her secretary then went inside her office. She tossed her bag aside & plopped down on her chair. She had to see Heechul now more than ever.

During her free time by noon, she decided to surf the net to do some investigation as to who started it all. Who figured it out?

She came upon a news site where it held information that the exposure came from a forum lucky too that she found the website. She clicked through the link & once she was there, several of posts & comments were posted!

And she found the culprit:

Hyungjungieee246: I heard the girl’s a doctor & she goes by the name Dr. Nam, MD

“unnie?”

-

7:06 AM; Hong Kong

Nam Hyunjung woke up to the sound of her phone ringing; her sister was calling.

“Oh, youngmi-ah why’d you –“

“Why did you do this unnie?!”

“Eh? What are you talking about? Did what?”

“Why did you post Dr. Nam, MD on this forum?!”

She quietly swallowed & face palmed herself

“And how could you say that it’s me?”

“Who else would go by the name of ‘Hyungjungieee246’?!”

Hyungjung nervously laughed & scratched the back of her neck

“Y-Yah! That’s not me!”

“Don’t bluff! You’re bad at it! Wae?! Wae?! Wae?!”

“Fine… you caught me”

She grumbled onto the phone

“But someone had to do it! C’mon donsaeng you have to be proud to be Heechul’s fiancée!”

“AISH! Heechul was the one who decided to keep my identity a secret! This could affect my job!”

“Oh… well that’s a problem uhm… can’t you just deny it to the media?!”

“No~! I can’t say anything unnie! Aish…”

She heard her sister sigh on the other line

“Just… don’t say anything more araso?”

-

Seoul

Youngmi placed down the phone & lied back on her seat puffing out a sigh.

Later that afternoon, when her duties were done she immediately drove down to the Super Junior dorms. When she got there, no one seemed to be home but why was the door unlocked?

Youngmi grew alarmed; she pushed the door open & walked inside. No one was home but Leeteuk told her that Heechul was gonna stay in; she walked along the hallway & looked for his door then when she finally found it she knocked twice & went inside without an answer.

There lied Heechul on his chest; he was shirtless which startled her.

“Yah! Kim Heechul put a shirt on!”

He didn’t move but just groaned; he was panting for air. The room was cold but why was he turning red? Youngmi placed her bag aside & walked over to him, she placed a palm over his forehead.

‘He’s burning up…’

Heechul was unconscious & he was sick; great. Youngmi couldn’t leave him so she decided to take care of him, for a start she gently turned him over & pulled the covers up.  She went back & forth changing the cloth on his forehead from time to time until such time that she fell asleep on his computer chair.

It was already around 9:00 PM when Heechul woke up & just in time that the members arrived, he was startled to find a cloth on his forehead, he took it off & tossed it aside as he sat up then he saw Youngmi asleep on his computer chair.

‘What is she doing here?’

He thought; a knock came on his door & Leeteuk came in.

“Omo… what’s Youngmi doing here?”

He turned to Heechul but he was quiet, he was staring at her.

“Should I wake her up?”

Leeteuk asked him, he nodded sideways & reached for his phone on the bedside table.

“I’ll call her mom…”

“Okay… well, we brought pizza & drinks we should all eat oh & I guess you wake her up too”

Heechul nodded & Leeteuk left, he brought the phone up to his ear

“Heechul-ssi! Omo, have you seen Youngmi? I’ve been trying to call her & the hospital”

“Ah, she’s here & she’s sleeping… I don’t even know how she got here…”

“Aigo ~ well, is she staying the night?”

“If that would be alright…”

“Araso, araso ~ take care of her okay?”

“Neh neh… anyyeong”

He bid the lady goodbye then placed the phone down; he puffed out a sigh & got out of bed. He was only in his boxers so he grabbed his pajamas & put them on afterwards he walked over to Youngmi.

“Yah Youngmi-ah, wake up”

The girl didn’t respond, he let out a groan then picked her up he placed her on his bed & pulled the covers up.

“You should really lose weight if I’m gonna carry you after the wedding”

He said then went out of his room;

Around the dining room area, Sungmin brought up a topic about Youngmi just as Heechul sat down to join them.

“Did you all see the news this morning? Youngmi was on…”

Heechul choked on his drink, Leeteuk patted his back as he coughed.

“Mwo?!”

He exclaimed after the coughs drowned out; Sungmin nodded his head

“Neh, cameras were surrounding her as she entered the hospital”

“Did she say anything? Did she answer any questions?”

Heechul asked, Sungmin thought for a moment then nodded her head sideways

“A~niyo… I don’t think so”

Heechul got up & ran back to his room; he woke up Youngmi but she was such a heavy sleeper!

“Youngmi-ah! Wake up! Yah!”

“Aniyo ~ 5 more minutes umma!”

“It’s Heechul you babo! Wake up!”

He gave up & turned to the internet instead, he found the news & the forum site then there he found the culprit who spread out the word.

“Nam Hyunjung?!”