The Answer

Wedding Wars

 

Chapter 4: The Answer

 


 

 

The following day, Youngmi woke up & as she opened her eyes the first thing she saw was… Heechul’s face super close to her! Startled, she shot up & realized that she was in bed with him! She peeked under the covers & found herself fully clothed & the only thing she wasn’t wearing was her labcoat & heels.

Heechul turned & rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

“Good morning –“

He started but was cut off halfway when Youngmi threw a pillow at him & scampered out of bed.

“What am I doing in bed with you?!”

Heechul groaned & got out of bed, standing in front of her

“Yah! You were the one who was in my room yesterday! I was nice enough to put you in a soft bed!”

He placed his hands on his hips while she glared at him then gathered her things but before she could storm out of the door, Heechul grabbed her & pushed her down on the bed with her hands on either side of her head.

“Wait…”

He said; her cheeks became warm & numb.

“Let me go Heechul!”

She resisted but for such a slim body he was pretty strong

“I heard that the media found out about you… what did you say?”

She fell quiet for a moment & stopped resisting from his grip

“Nothing! I didn’t answer any questions now let me go!”

“Wait…”

He pushed her down again

“What!?”

He slowly began leaning down on her face, Youngmi gasped & shook his head

“Yah! Heechul stop it! Let me go already! WAAAAAAH!”

Heechul leaned down, his lips close her ear; she looked down on what he wore & cracked out laughing making the dictator lift up his face to look at her laughing

“YAH! What’s so funny!?”

“HAHAHA ~ Tom & Jerry? Really? You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Kissing?”

He purposely acted like he misheard

“Kidding! I said KIDDING!”

“No you didn’t”

His voice went deep making her hair on the back of her neck stand on its ends; she continued to escape his grip but his hands only tightened. He leaned down again & whispered close to her ear, his breath hitting her neck

“Tell me Youngmi-ah… you came here because of that reason, neh?”

Youngmi’s eyes widened, she bit the dictator’s ear causing him to fall back on his on the floor as he shouted in pain

“OW!”

Youngmi finally freed herself; she fixed her clothes & looked down on him

“Fo your information Heechul! I came here yesterday to talk to you about the incident at the hospital but I found you unconscious & sick so I took care of you, I didn’t expect that I’d fall asleep so I apologize for your trouble now if you’ll excuse me I have to get home”

She grabbed her things & stomped out of his room

“Youngmi-ah! Yah wait!”

But the girl didn’t come back, Heechul sighed & rubbed his ear he looked at the mirror & saw just how red it was.

“Aish, she has such sharp teeth… shark woman!”

-

Youngmi inserted the keys to the front door & as she got inside, she saw 2 suitcases then as she was about to walk up to her room someone appeared through the kitchen door.

“Unnie?”

Nam Hyujung smiled as she ran to her donsaeng & squeezed her body in a tight hug; Youngmi tapped her & grumbled that she couldn’t breathe so Hyunjung released her.

“Aigo ~ I went on leave from the office!”

She happily said, Youngmi puffed out a sigh & remembered what her unnie did yesterday. She turned to leave but the older Nam stopped her. She clung onto her donsaeng’s arm & did aegyo.

“Yaaaaah ~ are you still upset about what happened yesterday? I only did it so that everyone would know”

Youngmi sighed & turned back to face her

“And they will unnie but we just didn’t want them to know yet…”

“Hey! But look at the bright side atleast you’ll appear on TV!”

“Ugh ~ Unnie! I never wanted to appear on TV! I just wanna be a doctor plain & simple!”

“Then why did you marry a TV personality”

Youngmi’s brows narrowed

“I’m marrying Kim Heechul of Gangwon not Heechul the Idol”

Footsteps came coming from the stairs & their mother appeared, she was startled to see Hyunjung but she was also happy.

“Aigo, are you two fighting again?”

Youngmi sighed, she hugged her mom then went upstairs; the lady turned to the older sibling & crossed her arms over her chest

“What did you do now Hyunjung?”

“Eh ~ nothing mommy”

Upstairs, Youngmi did her morning routine & as she went down to get breakfast she checked her watch. She let out a quiet groan & walked into the kitchen, it was already 8 and she was running late.

“Umma, I’m gonna go… annyeong ~”

As Youngmi reached the hospital, she was relieved to see that there was no crowd. She walked to the entrance got inside & made her way to the clinic greeting the people along the way, as she got there she was confused that her assistant wasn’t there. She inserted the keys to the door & went inside only to find that someone else was there.

As her chair turned around, there sat Heechul. She was surprised at his appearance.

“You scared me”

She placed a palm over her chest, Heechul pouted

“Is my face scary? Do you not appreciate my beauty?”

Youngmi rolled her eyes

“What are you doing here Heechul?”

He rested his elbows on the arm rests & brought his fingers together

“I came to talk to you about something… oh & to apologize about this morning”

She nodded her head sideways & placed her bag aside then crossed her arms over her chest.

“The company wants us to give them an answer & one way to do that is on a show…”

“And you’re saying that we’re going to go on the show together?”

Heechul smirked & got up

“Duh ~”

Youngmi rolled her eyes at him & sat down on her chair

“You can confirm it but I’m not gonna go on any show oppa”

She stated as she opened up a drawer & took out folder then read through them.

“C’mon Youngmi! It’s just 1 day of shooting!”

She nodded her head sideways, he stomped his feet in a tantrum & crossed his arms over his chest turning his back on her. Youngmi looked up from her work & sighed

“Alright fine but just one day okay?”

“YES!”

He jumped pumping his fists.

-

The day of the interview; 9:20 AM going live in 10 minutes

Youngmi hasn’t seen Heechul anywhere ever since the stylists had taken care of her; her outfit had changed & her make up was done, her hair was left down just as it was.

She wore a black long sleeved shirt with white lining, buttons & a cute bow tie; it was paired with a high waist white skirt with a ribbon as its belt & black peep-toe pumps. She thanked the stylists politely & went off to search for her crazy fiancé; as she searched, one of the producers spotted her & dragged her along with him.

He brought her to the set where he then instructed her of what to do.

“Okay, did you get it?”

Youngmi nodded as she held up her hand & did an ‘okay’ sign

“Any questions Dr. Nam?”

“Uh, yes… have you seen Heechul?”

“His changing right now down the hallway”

“Oh… okay, kamsahamnida”

The guy left & so she went down the hall as directed & saw his name on one of the doors; Youngmi quietly knocked & poked her head inside to see him sitting on a chair, fiddling with his phone & his hair was getting done. He saw her through the mirror.

“Oh! Youngmi-ah, where have you been?”

He couldn’t move because the stylist was spraying it; his hair was brushed back & it looked like volume was added to it since it was puffing up a bit.

“I was looking for you”

She went inside & closed the door behind her; she sat down on the couch & kept eye contact with him through the mirror. She couldn’t quite picture out what he was wearing but it seemed formal, a dark grey top with a light grey blazer, black pants & black shoes.

After the stylist was done she quietly left leaving them both there, Heechul grabbed his nerdy thick rimmed glasses & put it on then turned to her.

“Nervous?”

He asked, Youngmi puffed out a sigh

“Shut up… I can handle this”

He smirked then turned back to the mirror, checking his face to make sure that there were no unwanted marks.

“Ofcourse you can, if ELFs or Petals disapprove of you & possibly plot to kill you then you can totally handle it”

‘Is he scaring me?’

She looked at him suspiciously whilst thinking.

“Are you scaring me?”

She spoke out her thoughts, Heechul put on his clueless & innocent face

“Omo, why would I do such a thing?! How could anyone hate my Youngmi-ah? I mean… just because you’re gonna spend the rest of your life with me doesn’t mean that you’ll wake up everyday with angry mobs at your door or get death threats & such”

She got up from her seat & slapped his arm startling him

“Yah! We’re going live any moment now! Don’t ruin my clothes!”

He straightened out his clothes as she just quietly glared at him

“You know if you’re scared you can hug oppa”

He quietly mumbled as he glanced at her through the mirror. He straightened up & spread his arms but just as he was about to receive the warm affection, someone knocked on the door & poked its head inside. It was one of the staff.

“Heechul-ssi, you two are needed on set now… we’re going live”

“Araso…”

The person left, Youngmi looked away & gave a small awkward smile. Heechul puffed out a sigh & tapped her shoulder.

“Good luck Youngmi, do your best”

She nodded; Heechul smiled & lifted her chin then grabbed her hand

“Let’s go!”


LIVE

The hosts greeted everyone & welcomed them to the show, Heechul already sat with them so Youngmi was left backstage for awhile; it wasn’t really those serious types of shows but rather somewhat humorous & for that, Youngmi was thankful.

“Everyone has been awaiting this episode! As you all know, Heechul of the boy band Super Junior has confirmed that he is indeed engaged already to the girl he secretly dated; we have all grown curious for the past weeks as to just who this girl might be”

The male host continued to speak

“Rumors have been going around the internet that Heechul’s girlfriend or should I say… fiancée is a doctor but nobody confirmed nor denied this”

ELFs were everywhere in the studio & as the female host begun to speak again, they grew more & more anticipated.

“But today’s episode will clear everything & Heechul himself is here to clarify all the rumors with this hot topic; good morning to you Heechul-ssi”

As the camera focused on him the ELFs went wild, he kept his smiley face on & even blew kisses!

“Annyeong Haseyo ~ I’m Super Junior’s Kim Heechul”

Then he finished off with two peace signs; the male host went on with the questions.

“So Heechul-ssi, how have you been? It’s been a month now since your shocking announcement, has the date been set?”

Heechul chuckled

“Aniyo ~ not yet since we haven’t really planned out how the wedding will go”

“So there’s a chance that the wedding might get canceled?”

The female host asked as the ELF squealed but Heechul only laughed

“Aniyo! Ofcourse not! I’m pretty sure this marriage in a definite GO!”

It went on with all the usual questions until such time it came to the part of the rumors. The female host took over the asking.

“Rumors have it that this is all just a publicity stunt, true or false?”

“False”

He answered straightforwardly then continued with his explanation.

“I don’t think I’m capable of going as far as marrying someone just for a publicity stunt; when I proposed to her I used all my money& I didn’t ask for any financial help at all… I did ask help from my band mates but no money was involved… I spent too much for all of this to be just a scheme”

Everyone was in awe at his first sentence

“You dated for 3 years without anyone knowing but your closest friends?”

“Neh, actually she said yes to me on the day of our 3rd anniversary”

Squeals erupted once again

“For the next question this is actually not based on rumors but it’s some sort of request… you have declined interviews for the two of you, correct?”

Heechul nodded; the male host continued

“But then luckily you accepted this one for a couple interview so the question: is your fiancée here today?”

Heechul fell quiet for a moment & tried to hide his smile; the audience was quiet aswell as they waited for his answer, then finally… Heechul couldn’t keep it in for much longer so he broke his mouth open.

“Yes… yes she is”

The audience errupter in mixed reactions, squeals of anticipation mostly overlapped the rest.

“And she has agreed to expose herself to the public, neh?”

“Neh…”

“Then shall we go see her then?”

The female host suggested, the three of them got up from their seats & walked to the side where there were 3 doors. The female host explained the situation to the audience

“Behind these doors are 3 ladies, so shall we see?”

The male host walked over to door number one& opened it to reveal a tall girl, just about as tall as Heechul. She had her hair tied up in a high bun, fair skin & very pretty. Some speculated that it was her since Heechul smiled.

“Omo, omo! He smiled!”

The female host pointed out but Heechul kept quiet

“Next ~”

The male host opened door number 2& there stood a tall girl too but slightly shorter than the first one, her height stopped only up to Heechul’s jaw line. She had short length hair, this time Heechul grew into a quiet laughter making almost everyone say that it was her.

“And door number 3!”

He opened the door revealing a shorter girl; she just stopped at Heechul’s neck. She had medium length hair, big cute eyes & very fair skin complexion but Heechul’s expressions were just all in all the same making everyone confused as to who is the real one.

The female host turned to Heechul

“Actually, Heechul’s fiancée is not here but they can give you the picture of what she looks like; she has #1’s fair skin, #2’s height & #3’s cute eyes”

The audience was a bit disappointed; they were anticipating too much already. No one noticed Heechul was gone only until the 3 girls exited & he came in holding someone’s hand. Everyone was squealing, screaming, & cheering as Heechul smiled, when they all went quiet the girl bowed and with a smile she introduced herself.

“Annyeong haseyo – I’m Dr. Nam Youngmi”

The hosts were beyond surprised; they hadn’t seen the girl until now that is.

“And I’ll take a wild guess, you are Heechul’s fiancée?”

The male host asked her & as shy as she was to answer the question she only nodded with a shy smile.