"Plan"

Geeks For Hoops

 

“All right class I hope you guys are working on your projects well because we have just a bit over a month left of school.” Mr. Yang announced. “Let’s get our journals out and write for 20 minutes.”

For the past weeks Junsol and Kaide have been working very hard to get the project out of the way. Little they did know that their friendship began to solidify for trust and understanding. Time was in their favor because they just wanted to get it out of the way. All they need was practice on how to present this project of theirs.

Meanwhile Jinyoung has been busy with practice more like being busy playing bench. He would be playing half of the session and then watching the rest of the original players play ball. Coach wanted the new players to see how the game and tactics of his plans were. Jinyoung never really had a word of complaint because he was too optimistic to even be on the team.

Today was a very slow day for everyone. Lecture, school work, and more of the project for the whole class to work on. YongGuk wasn’t too happy, and neither was Himchan having their classmates over to work on their project on the weekends… Both really had a motive to finish faster, come to think of it…

 

“Oppa.” JaeMi knocked on the door.

“Hey…” YongGuk greeted casually.

“Oppa! Hi! It’s so nice coming inside your home.” She squealed.

“Um, sure… There’s nothing special about it. Come on in. We’ll be working in the living room since Himchan and his partner is working on their project in our room.” He shrugged.

‘Darn!’ JaeMi thought. She really wanted to work on their project alone where no one can see them; moreover she wanted to see his room.

“Okay, oppa… Let’s start on out project.” She said as she walked towards their living room.

“Yeah, please.” He rolled his eyes behind her.

 

Meanwhile Himchan and his partner weren’t getting anywhere. She kept asking things way off the topic to the point it was frustrating to him. He only had one thing on his mind and it was to finish this stupid project and never see this annoying girl anymore.

 

“Himchan oppa, what’s your favorite color? Let’s make it the main color we have on the poster board.” Seojin said happily.

“I like the color black.” He simply said while he researched info about Taiwan. She turned away from him and wrote down in her tiny notebook about all the facts and observation about him. She was always thrilled about any new juicy information she can about him. It was like a dream come true just being with him in his room.

“Should we add more pictures?” She suggested.

“I think we have plenty.” He sighed.

“Oppa, do you like someone?” She asked innocently.

‘Obviously, not you!!!’ He thought. “In what relation does that question have to our project?” He looked at her with disbelief.

“I’m just making small talk…” She looked down.

“Can we just stay at our topic, no offence but I just want to get done. Sorry, I just have no interest in small talk.” He tried not to hurt her yet make his point across.

“Yes, oppa…” She sadly sighed.

 

Both JaeMi and Seojin sighed; obviously their plan of getting close to them was harder than they thought. They wanted to know exactly why they were in such a hurry to finish the project and obviously it was not because of basketball practices and work. They both knew just someone was just distracting the boys and they want to get ‘them’ out of the way… The 2 girls looked at each other while everyone was writing in their journals and smirked at each other.