Tryouts

Geeks For Hoops

Everyone was working diligently on their projects. Meanwhile, Yong Guk was just not paying attention at all. He was trying his best to pay attention but how can he if he had a clear view of Junsol.

Junsol and Kaide were sharing thoughts and ideas but at times would go off topic just to remain from going insane and stressed out.

 

“Kaide, I hope you don’t mind me asking but do you really practice voodoo.” Junsol asked.

“No. Haha… it’s just a stupid rumor that stupid girl over there started.” She pointed at Jae Mi. “But I think she saw these and started freaking out.”

“Oh my gosh, these are so cute!” She squealed. “Where did you get these?”

“Oh at this small store near my house, they have a different kind which is totally awesome.” She laughed. “But why bring up the topic?”

“I was just curious, sorry.” She said.

“Nah, not to worry; I’m a bit relieved someone asked about it and not treat me as if im sort of witch doctor.” She smiled.

“You don’t look like a witch doctor to me. But anyways-” Junsol began but the bell rung.

“Anyways what?” Kaide asked.

“I was going to ask what time it is but I figured from the bell.” She laughed as she was gathering all her stuff into her bag.

“I’m just glad the day is over.” Kaide sighed.

“Oh I know. Well, I will see you tomorrow.” Junsol said. “Bye!”

“Bye!” She smiled.

 

Kaide made her way towards her locker but was pushed by other students causing all of her things to fall out of her hands. She started pick her things up when two hands began helping her. She looked up to see none other than Himchan. ‘What the hell?’ She thought in confusion.

“Here let me help.” He said.

“No, its fine. I have two hands.” She blinked at him.

“No really, I can.” He smiled. He looked on the ground and began to pick up her books. He saw that her sketch book was open and took a peak. “Wow, did you draw this?”

“Yes but give it back!” She snatched.

“Sorry, couldn’t help the fact your sketch book was open.” He calmly said.

“Well you didn’t have to look at it.” She said.

“Hm, why would you waste your talent by hiding it when you can show its full potential. You really are a mystery.” He gave a soft smile.

“Do you always smile like an idiot?” She asked, annoyed at him.

“Why? Is it working?” He smirked.

“N-no!” She stuttered.

“Uh huh.” He said sarcastically.

“Just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean anything!” She stomped.

“You think I’m good looking?” He grinned down at her.

“Never!” She said walking passed him.

__________________

 

The next morning Junsol woke up to the sound of rain. ‘Oh no, it’s raining really hard.’ Junsol thought. Going to school is a pain when it’s pouring. Her phone alerted her that she got a text message. ‘GUESS WHO GOT THEIR LICENCE?! ME! HURRY WE WILL BE LATE TO SCHOOL!’ She texts back saying: You are a life savor! I owe you one!’ She grabbed her umbrella and her bag then headed out.

“Oppa, I really appreciate you taking me.” Junsol said.

“It seriously isn’t a big deal. I feel like I’m in debit to you and your dad when he drove me and you to Hapkido lessons as kids, remember?.” He smiled.

“Have you forgotten anything from Hapkido lessons?” She smiled.

“Nope, I remember them as if it were yesterday.” He nodded his head.

“Same. I can never forget. Let’s get breakfast. My treat.” She smiled.

“Oh yeah, since it’s raining, I can take you home but I’m going to try outs. Do you mind waiting?” He asked.

“Sure. I think I can study there since I don’t think I can study at home. I would probably be watching TV than studying. Haha.” She laughed.

 

“Hey! Ready for tryouts?” Junsol asked.

“I really don’t know; I suddenly feel nervous!” Jinyoung panicked.

“Oh my goodness, oppa! Just go!” She pushed him towards the gym. “Oh I forgot to give something to my teacher. You go first.”

“Okay…” He said with his head down.

 

“This makes it just as nerve racking with all these people watching tryouts.” One boy whispers.

“They aren’t just people, they are girls.” The other one said.

“All right boys!” The coach whistled. “Welcome to tryouts! Today, we are going to play a few games to see who will make the cut. Although there 40 people here for the team, there are only 6 positions…”

 

“Hm, what is he doing here?” Yong Guk said.

“Who?” Himchan looked his way.

“Junsol’s friend.” Yong Guk said.

“You mean boyfriend?” Himchan teased.

“Don’t go there.” He warned.

 

Junsol made her way towards the gym but stopped by the vending machine. ‘Hm maybe I should get him some cold water.’ She thought. She bought him a drink and headed to the gym. As she walked into the gym, Yong Guk froze and looked at her.

“Yong Guk!” A teammate said but it was too late. The ball hit him right smack on the face.

“Oh my! Is he all right?!” A bunch of girls screamed as they make their way towards him.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Yong Guk said as his teammate helped him up. Junsol looked over where the small crowd of people was and shrugged. She was focused on looking for Jinyoung. She found him toweling off his sweat.

“Hey, I got you some water.” Junsol handed.

“Thanks! I need it!” He smiled.

“What happened over there?” She asked.

“I don’t know; I was on the other side of the court.” He gulped down.

 

“Aw! Oppa! Are you sure you’re okay?” Jae Mi grabbed his arm.

“Yes! I’m fine!” He said tugging her hands off of him.

“Sorry, oppa… here’s water for you.” She handed him with a pout.

“No thanks, I got some.” He said walking over to the bench. He saw Junsol hand a water bottle to the boy named Jinyoung and got a bit heated.

“Not a boyfriend huh? Well look at that.” Himchan said with a smile.

“I swear I will punch you in the face so hard that smile will just come right off.” He said.

“Well, since she’s here why don’t you try to impress her?” Himchan said.

“Finally, something useful coming from your mouth.” He said throwing his towel at him.

 

Junsol sat by herself, away from the screaming girls. She was watching Jinyoung intensely, trying to figure out the game itself. After getting a bit bored, she took out her a book she rented in the library and started working on her project. Yong Guk never played so hard in his life even in competing with other teams. ‘Man, all this for a girl and she still isn’t looking at me.’ He thought.

“Break!” The coach yelled.

 

Yong Guk went to towel off and went towards the vend machine to get a Gatorade.  He then remembered looking at Junsol and she just finished her water.  He took some extra money and got her water.  He looked down at it and smiled. He was about to walk towards the gym when he bumped into Junsol.

“Ow, I really need to stop doing that…” She said.

“Junsol.” Yong Guk said.

“Oh hi… I think we really need to stop bumping into each other. We keep getting hurt.” She smiled up at him.

“It probably means something.” He smiled back.

“Hm?” She asked.

“Nothing.” He kept smiling. “Here for you.”

“Wow, really? You must be a mind reader because I was about to get water. Here then.” She said offering her money.

“Oh no, no need to pay me back.” He grinned and walked away.

“Yong Guk… I-…” She began but started to blush even more. “Thanks, I really appreciate it.”

“Trust me it’s nothing… but can I ask you something?” He said.

“Sure.” She said.

“Why are you here at tryouts? It’s almost if you are waiting for someone.” He asked.

“Oh, I am. I’m waiting for my friend so he can drop me off home. He suggested that I wait for him since its raining.” She said.

“I can take you home if you want…” He suggested while scratching the back of his head.

“Oh it’s fine. My friend can take me home. Thanks for the offer though.” She smiled softly.

“But if you ever need a ride… I will be more than happy to.” He blushed.

“Umm, thank you…” She nodded and walked back.

 

 


 

 

Hey guys, I'm really sorry about the delay in updating. I'm super stressed from school. I mean we have about a bit less than 2 months left of class but it's it down to the wire for me, so my stress level is really high right now. I wont be able to update until next thursday because of exams... so please bear with me. thank you ^^