Finalist!!!

Geeks For Hoops

 

Kaide looked at herself in the mirror. ‘Do I have feelings for him? How come I only noticed my feelings now?’ She thought. She really wanted to say no but what was her heart really telling her. She was going crazy for this guy as if he had her at the palm of his hand. She patted her face and walked out the restroom. Practice resumed once again and Jae Mi on the other hand was getting a bit too annoyed with the presence of Junsol and Kaide being at the gym.

“I seriously don’t know way they are in here if all they are going to do is just study and talk.” Jae Mi said to her posse.

“Well, they aren’t doing much to annoy us. It isn’t like they are staring at the guys. Maybe they are waiting to confess to one of the oppas!!!” One girl said, jumping to a conclusion.

“Don’t be rash. I remember seeing that dumb girl Junsol leaving with another guy.” Jae Mi pointed at Jinyoung.

“Oh! He’s hot!!! I hope he makes it on the basketball team!!!” Min, one of the obsessed girls that hangs out with Jae Mi.

“He’s in my class. His name is Jinyoung. He’s actually really smart too.” Another girl swooned.

“I’m fine with him as long it will keep Junsol from trying to steal Yong Guk away from me.” Jae Mi said glaring at the 2 girls at the end of the court.

 

Coach blew his whistle and everyone lined up accordingly. All the girls eagerly looked up and watched with interest.

“Good job everyone! I was going to announce the name tomorrow but I want to call out the names right now since I made my decision along with the team.” He grabbed his list and began to call. “All right, if I call your name, it means you are on the team. Jaesu, Eli, Wooyoung, Young Min, Dongwoo, and Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung couldn’t believe his ears. He made it to the team! Junsol ran to him and patted his back. He was too sweaty to be hugged.

“Jinyoung! You made it! I’m so happy!” Junsol said.

“I feel so numb but in a good way. I’m letting it sink in.” He said happily.

 

Himchan looked over to where Kaide was sitting. When she finally looked at him, he winked and smiled. She blinked at him and looked the other way. ‘Playing hard to get. We will see about that.’ He thought.

Junsol and Jinyoung walked over to Kaide, where she smiled at both of them.

“Oh you must be Junsol’s friend that she was waiting for.” Kaide said. “My name is Kaide.”

“Nice to meet you. Name’s Jinyoung.” He said.

“Congrats to you. Are you going to celebrate?” Kaide asked.

“I’m not sure. How about getting some dukbokki and ice cream?” He smiled. “Do you want to come with us?”

“Sure.” Kaide smiled.

“Great! Let’s go!” Junsol said. They made their way out until they heard someone calling Kaide’s name.

“Kaide! Wait!” A voice called out.

‘Oh no…’ She thought.

“Hi…” Himchan waved, trying to catch his breath.

“Hi?” Kaide greeted with a question. Jinyoung and Junsol just smiled and looked over at Kaide.

“Why didn’t you wait for me? I was going to walk you home.” He playfully pouted.

“There’s no need. I’m not going home. I’m going to hang out with them.” She flat out told him.

“Um…” Himchan awkwardly said.

“Would you like to come with us, Himchan hyung?” Jinyoung smiled.

“Is it okay?” He asked. ‘Yong Guk will kill me. Oh well… His lost… Ahahaha.’

“Sure! I have my car so I can drive us there.” Jinyoung smiled.

“Wow, you drive? I’m thinking of taking my driving test in the summer. Was it hard?” Himchan asked.

“Nope, simple stuff. I’m sure you would pass with flying colors.” Jinyoung smiled. “Let’s go. I’m hungry!”

 

All four piled into the car and took the short drive to Jinyoung’s favorite dukbokki place. They ate and ate until their stomach couldn’t handle anymore. They walk outside and stretched.

“Oh I’m so full!” Jinyoung cried out.

“I know. I can’t even eat another bite.” Kaide said.

“I want to take a nap.” Junsol laughed.

“You said it.” Himchan said while rubbing his stomach.

“Ice cream?” Jinyoung asked.

“Seriously?” Himchan asked.

“I think I will pass. I should go home. Thanks for dukbokki, Jinyoung. I should treat you and Junsol soon since you insisted for me not to pay. Oh and congrats for making it to the basketball team. Bye.” Kaide said.

“You don’t need a ride?” Jinyoung asked.

“No I just live down the street so no need.” Kaide smiled.

“I’ll walk you.” Himchan offered.

“Oh ok… I’ll take you home now Junsol.” Jinyoung said. “See you guys on Monday then.”

 

“Come on. Let’s get you home.” Himchan smiled.

“I can go by myself.” Kaide said.

“I won’t take no for an answer so deal with it.” He grinned.

“Fine.” She sighed.

“So pretty girl, what did you think of practice?” He asked.

“Well, it wasn’t as bad as I thought. It was interesting.” She nodded.

“How did I play?” He asked.

“Well you are really good and you tactic of playing is really different from your brother.” She said.

“What do you mean?” He looked at her.

“Well, you make sure everyone has a fair chance of playing while your brother, no offense; just likes the ball passed to him.” She looked down.

“Hmm, you are right in the sense. I just never noticed.” He realized.

“Well here’s my stop. Thanks for walking me home.” She offered her hand for a shake. He took it but pulled her into a tight hug. He took a sniff of her and smiled.

“I think a hug will do. See you!” He ran off in embarrassment.

“Hey you! YAH!” She yelled but only to find him waving from a distant which put a smile on her face.

 


 

Yong Guk’s phone rang.

“Yo.” He said.

“Hey there’s a gig tonight. It’s the weekend. Let’s meet at the usual.” The guy on the other line said. “Plus there are girls anxious to meet you.”

“No thanks. I got a girl.” Yong Guk said with a grin. “I’ll be there.”

 

He hung up the phone and looked at his background picture. It was Junsol but her side profile when she wasn’t looking. ‘Junsol… I will make you mine one way or another. Count on it.’ He thought. He took his leather jacket and left.

 


 

Hey guys. I know what you are thinking theres a lot of Himchan and kaide moments but i have something planned out so you will see ^_^ I'm so sorry it too so long. I came home late Thursday because of a lot stuff. lol. I will update as soon as possible as you guys can kinda tell i update every Thursday or Friday. Updates are going to be a bit slower due to finals and projects. After that I can update a lot fast and work on hmmmmmm hopefully a sequel! im so excited. So I did get an interview for a job so please wish me luck! ahahaha.

here are replies since I haven't gotten to them.

@miz: yes, i did have to kill you with a cheesy himchan and i know you love it LOL.

@bigbangvip: Im glad you like it! heres the update LOL

@HiddenNotebook: Oh yes i know. Yong Guk is just a well rounded guy who can portray any type of guy but most ppl like him as the abusive or 'jackass' kind of guy. I guess  for me I see him as a sweetheart, a cheesy guy as well LOL.

@KpopLover8217: I love new readers! thank you so much for the comment! I hope i can update very very soon!