It's me!!!

Geeks For Hoops

 

“Himchan.” Yong Guk said almost yelling on the other line. “Where the heck are you?! Let’s meet up at the usual.”

“Coming!” Himchan said excitedly while hanging up the phone.

Yong Guk was greeted by giggling girls and thumping music that blasted out the ear drums in him. He saw Himchan and called him over.

“Where have you been?” Yong Guk’s eye brow arched.

“With someone.” Himchan said with a smile.

“Oh?” Yong Guk said, arching his brow.

“Yeah, with your girl.” Himchan smirked.

“Why you little-” Yong Guk said, grabbing Himchan’s collar.

“Hyung, relax. I was kidding. Plus I have someone else on my mind.” Himchan said, fixing his collar.

“You better. Let’s go compete!” Yong Guk smiled.

“All right guys! It’s Friday night and this place is wild. Let’s get our rappers out here for competition.” A voice said over the mic.

“C’mon bro, let’s get our rap on!” Yong Guk smirked.

“Let’s do this!” Himchan said, giving Yong Guk a high 5.

 

Friday night meant that Junsol had to work at the hospital lab. She needed to take all the blood work as well as patient’s samples and carefully work on them. It wasn’t a bad job but at times it would make her very exhausted. It seemed to be a slow day but a lot to do.

 

“Junsol.” The doctor said. “I hope you don’t mind. I know you aren’t suppose to work more than 4 hours today but we had to fire 2 people because they decided to call on the last minute that they couldn’t come… So I need you to stay an extra 2 hours I will pay you double for today.”

“Sure, that’s fine.” Junsol grinned.

“Thanks Junsol; you are really a big help to us. You and Jungha are left.” The doctor said.

‘Wow… that’s a lot of money but now it’s down to me and Jungha. Oh no, I get out late…” She thought.

“Hi Junsol.” Jungha greeted.

“Hi unni, how are you?” Junsol bowed.

“I’m getting tired. Those stupid coworkers of ours ditched us and then got fired.” She sighed.

“I heard.” Junsol rolled her eyes. “Fourth time this past 2 weeks.”

“The doctor keeps hiring party animals. They should ask how much they party as a new interview question.” She said sarcastically.

“Haha, you are so right.” Junsol agreed.

“So much to do. We are seriously going to live here.” Jungha laughed.

“Oh I know. Two people doing lab work isn’t enough.” Junsol said.

“Let’s do this as fast as we can so we can get out faster.” Jungha suggested while Junsol nodded.

 

‘Oh gosh it’s so dark outside.’ Junsol thought as she headed out of the hospital. She looked at her clock and read 11:34pm on her watch. She started to walk at a past pace just in case and had her pepper spray in her pocket. ‘Hopefully, I won’t be working out this late again.’ She thought.

Meanwhile Yong Guk headed home first because he needed to help out with his dad’s shop bright and early tomorrow since most of the customers always come on a Saturday. He was walking home when he sees a familiar figure walking in front of him. ‘Junsol.’ He smiled. He started to run towards her.

Junsol started to get very paranoid. She felt someone following her and even catching up to her. She thought long and hard then figured she should just turn around and spray then make a run for it. She was almost home anyways.  She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around and sprayed like no tomorrow.

 

“Junsol! Stop! It’s me! Yong Guk! AHH! It burns!” Yong Guk yelled.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! We need to wash that off! We’re almost at my home! Take my hand.” She said

“I can’t see! AHH!” Yong Guk cried.

“Shhhhhh, let’s go.” She led him.  

She got to her apartment and helped Yong Guk to the sink to wash out the pepper in his eyes. After 20 minutes, all of the pepper was out and got some ice to put on his eyes. Yong Guk put his head on Junsol’s lap for her to ice it. She took his phone and asked Himchan if it was okay to pick him up and explained the situation.

“Yong Guk, I hope you can forgive me. I really am sorry. I was just paranoid.” Junsol said in a soft tone.

“It’s okay, Junsol… Just next time look at the person in the eye before spraying.” Yong Guk tried to laugh off.

“Oh gosh, if there is anything I can do, please just tell me.” She suggested.

“I will think about it since I almost became blind.” He said with a smile.

“Oh yes, anything. Just say the word.” She smiled back.

“Maybe I have something… can you just kiss both my eyes to make it better.” He smiled while he closed his eyes.

“Uhhh…” She began.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow…” He moaned, pretending to be in pain.

“Okay, okay, here…” She bent down and kissed his eyes. “There.”

“I feel so much better.” He grinned. Yong Guk slowly sat up and looked at Junsol.

“Why were you out late?”

“I was working…” She said softly.

“At this hour?” He looked at her with widened eyes.

“I usually don’t work this late. Two of my coworkers were fired for ditching yet again and there was a big load for me and my other coworker to do.”

“What do you do?” He asked.

“I’m a lab nurse.” She smiled.

“Oh wow, no wonder you knew what to do.” He grinned. “Oh where are your parents? Wouldn’t they be upset that you are letting a guy in your apartment?”

“Well of course they would be upset but they are on a business trip.” She explained.

“Oh… that explains it.” He said. He looked at her and tilted his head a bit. ‘No glasses…’ He thought. ‘No wonder she looked different.’ She looked at him and saw him look at her lips. She got the hint and started to lean in. Their lips almost touched and they heard a knock. She turned her head and headed towards the door.

 

“Damn you, Himchan. I’m going to kill you once we get home.” Yong Guk said in frustration.

“Hi Himchan.” Junsol greeted awkwardly.

“Hey, is he okay?” He asked.

“I’m fine.” Yong Guk eyed him then turned to Junsol. “Thanks for taking care of me. I’ll see you on Monday.”

“I’m so sorry again.” She looked down.

“Don't worry about it too much. Good night. Be safe.” Yong Guk said.

“Thanks, you too. Be careful.” She said and closed the door.

 

“Thanks a lot.” Yong Guk turned to Himchan with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

“What did I do?” Himchan looked at him. “Oh… did I you?”

“Shut it!” Yong Guk stormed off.

“You’re welcome.” Himchan said softly with a chuckle.

“Heard that!” He yelled.

 


 

 

 

Hey guys,

 

I am back! ^^ I’m so excited yet I’m sad to say I got a C in a class and a B in another. I hated Physiology so much. I didn’t learn a damn thing in that class LOL. Anyways, I got the job! ^_^ I am a tutor! But I’m so excited to be back and be updating. I bet some of you are like this.

 

 

and this is me…

 

 

and some of you are like…

 

 

But I’m so happy to be updating. Thank you all for waiting ^^. And I just want to say thank you to my subscribers, just because I never go on each of you wall and say thank you doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge you guys. I don’t want to waste any of your wall space and I’m more on updating for you guys. ^^ And also thank you for the wonderful comments. I feel very encouraged and very thankful. Don’t feel obligated to comment because I just want people to read. Comments are great but I love to write and show you what I got ^^. Thanks again guys!!! Until next update : ]