Hesitations

Geeks For Hoops

 

“Mina, it’s so good to see you! Where’s John?” A middle aged woman cried out and then turned to Kaide. “This must be Kaide. It’s wonderful to meet you, dear.”

“It’s an honor.” Kaide bowed.

“Such a polite daughter you have here.” She smiled. “Please have a seat. Oh yes, where is your husband?”

“He is at a camping trip.” Mina smiled. “What about your husband?”

“He had an important last minute meeting.” She said.

“Kaide, this is my good friend, Ara. She is one of the founders for one of the most famous Art High School as well as the Top Art Academy in the country. I have shown her some of your art work and was fascinated by it and took time for her busy schedule to meet with us today.” Mina began.

“I see you brought some of your wonderful works. May I?” Ara asked.

“Of course.” Kaide smiled.

“My, my… you have wonderful talent. Art is truly a gift a person has to develop as well as practice very hard at. It seems almost effortless to you.” Ara said, amazed by all the art work. “I am willing to give you a paid scholarship for your 4 years at our academy as well pay for your dorming. But you will have to spend your senior year at our school to better prepare you for our university.”

“Um…” Kaide began. She paused… for the first time, she was hesitant. She made a friend… maybe… Was she really going to just let that go? She actually looked forward to school now but what was better for her? Of course, she didn’t want to miss is opportunity… but what now?

“Well dear, I will not force you but you will be with other students who are in the same major as you and not to mention who have similar common interest. It will be great.” Ara smiled.

“I accept.” Kaide smiled.

“Good girl. I know you can do it.” Her mother smiled.

 

“Himchan, lunch time.” Yong Guk called him.

“Okay!” Himchan smiled.

“Hate you.” Yong Guk muttered.

“What?! What did I do now?” Pretending to defend himself.

“You and her. I never get a moment peace with Junsol. I’m always called or she is called into those stupid honors meeting. It’s getting on my damn nerves.” Yong Guk said in frustration.

 

That night, Kaide called Junsol asking if she wants to come over her house to work on a project.

“Hello? Junsol? It’s me, Kaide.” She said.

“Oh hi, sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier because of work.” Junsol said on the other line.

“You work?” Kaide asked.

“Yeah, just a part time job.” Junsol said.

“I was wondering if you wanted to work on the project a bit more at my house tomorrow like around lunch time.” Kaide said.

“Sure!” Junsol said in a cheery voice and with that Kaide gave her address to Junsol and then hung up the phone.

 

The next morning, Junsol got up and got ready to go to Kaide’s house. It was near the school which was fine by foot for her. She didn’t want to come empty handed so she stopped by a bakery and picked up a small cake to eat while they study. She find’s Kaide’s apartment and goes up to the 3rd floor then rings the doorbell.

“Coming!” A voice said. “Oh you must be Junsol! Nice to meet you dear! Come in! We are getting ready for lunch. I hope you are hungry!”

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Junsol bowed and walked in a big, spacious living/dining area.

“Hi Junsol, did you eat yet?” Kaide asked.

“Oh not yet… this is for you. I didn’t want to come empty handed.” Junsol said while giving the cake to Kaide.

“Oh sweetheart, you didn’t have to give us this cake.” Mina said.

“Yeah, you didn’t have to.” Kaide frowned a bit.

“I have to.” Junsol laughed. “My parents tell me never to come empty handed.”

“This is very thoughtful; I’ll go ahead and put the cake in the fridge.” Mina said.

“Come let’s eat!” Kaide smiled. All 3 ladies sat at the dining room table and began chit-chatting away.

“Wow, I missed home cooked meals.” Junsol said in awe.

“What do you mean dear?” Mina asked.

“Oh, my parents are business people. So they are never really home. I usually eat frozen dinners or make simple things like sandwiches. I mean I know how to cook but you know it takes time.” Junsol tried to smile.

“You poor girl. You can come here if you want. Anytime! It’s nice to have a friend of Kaide’s coming in the house. This is a first for her.” Mina smiled. “So by any chance, do you know Himchan?”

“Mother!” Kaide began to choke on her water and shot her mother an angry look.

“We are classmates. He’s in the same class as me and Kaide.” Junsol grinned.

“Oh! That’s wonderful! Do you have a boyfriend, Junsol?” Mina asked sweetly.

“Mother! Will you stop pestering my classmate with your rude questions?!” Kaide said in embarrassment. “Junsol, you don’t have to answer any of my mother’s ridiculous questions.”

“It’s all right, Kaide. I don’t mind.” Junsol laughed. “But no, I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Your parents won’t allow it?” Mina paused.

“I don’t think it’s that… actually you remind me a lot about my mother because she keeps asking me that question. I think she and my father want me to have one.” Junsol smiled. “I think no one has looked my way, so yeah.”

“Such a pity, I think you are such a beautiful girl. Your parents must be very proud that they have a well-mannered daughter.” Mina said.

“Thank you very much… You look so young and beautiful…” Junsol smiled.

“Thanks dear.” Mina giggled while Kaide just rolls her eyes. After they finished eating, Junsol offered to help clean but Mina insisted they should just start on their project.

 

“Your mother is so pretty. You look just like her.” Junsol smiled.

“Well, I think I look like my dad but everyone says I look like my mom.” Kaide said. “I’m so sorry about the personal questions she asked you.”

“It’s fine, really.” Junsol insisted.

“Let’s go to my room.” Kaide suggested.

“Wow. Nice room. It’s really spacious.” Junsol said in awe.

“Nah, it’s a boring layout to most people but I really like when my things are simple.” Kaide said.

“It’s pretty. Let’s get started. We are still doing a power point right?” Junsol asked.

“Yup.” Kaide smiled. The 2 girls worked for hours and Kaide’s mother would ofter check up on them.

 

“Let’s take a break before we go insane.” Kaide said as she plopped on her bed.

“Yes.” Junsol said while stretching out.  

“Oh I hope you don’t mind me asking but where do you work?” Kaide asked.

“I work in a hospital.” Junsol said.

“Wow, don’t you have to go to a special school or training facility for that?” Kaide rose up in interest.

“Yes… well, kinda. I was given an opportunity for a summer research program for high school students and I was offered a job at the hospital and a paid scholarship in their very own private own university. On Monday nights, I usually have a class and sometimes on the weekends.” She said.

“So you are going to high school while taking college courses…” Kaide said slowly.

“Yes, it is very hard. I don’t recommend it.” She laughed.

“I was offered a scholarship yesterday…” Kaide said in a sad tone.

“Why the sad tone? Aren’t you happy?” Junsol asked.

“I am but I will be moving though. I’m going to an Art Academy in the upper east side, about 3 hours from here…” Kaide said.

“Don’t miss is opportunity.” Junsol encouraged her. “It’s hard to find a scholarship. What’s holding you back?”

“Friends like you. For once, I am not depressed going to school.” Kaide smiled… She didn’t want to mention Himchan, at least for now.

“Aw. I would feel the same way.” Junsol smiled.

“But you have lots of friends. What about your honor friends?” Kaide asked.

“In all honesty, I am there because it looks good on a resume as well as universities. But the people in it aren’t very friendly. They start a lot of drama and it drives me crazy. The girls in there always want to start something.” Junsol rolled her eyes.

“I can’t believe you would endure that.” Kaide laughed.

“Yeah, it amazes me as well. I think only you and my childhood friends are the only people I would actually consider as friends. But anyways, don’t let this scholarship slip. You always have my number and email if you ever want to talk.” Junsol said.

“Thanks, maybe I should just embrace it.” Kaide smiled.

“Yes… yes you should.” Junsol said. The 2 girls worked even harder to get at least half of it done. Time went by fast and dinner time came. Kaide’s father arrived a little after dinner and welcomed Junsol. After dinner, Junsol gathered her stuff and was about to head home.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to drive you home? It’s not safe…” Mina said a bit too worried.

“No, no, don’t waste gas. I don’t live too far from here so don’t worry. I know self-defense as well as this pepper spray. So, it is fine.” Junsol said.

“My mother is right; it isn’t safe.” Kaide said with a worried expression.

“It’s fine really.” Junsol smiled.

“Okay, then just please text me when you are home and put a happy face or something so I know it’s you.” Kaide gave a soft smile.

“Okay! Thanks for lunch and dinner, I really appreciate it. Good night!” Junsol said and walked towards the elevator. As soon as she got out of the apartment complex, she bumps in to someone.

 

“Oops! I’m so sorry!” Junsol said.

“So we meet again.” A voice said.

“Yong Guk…” Junsol said.

“Do you like taking night walks?” Yong Guk asked with his gummy smile.

“Well yes but I was working the project with my partner.” Junsol said.

“I’ll walk you home.” He smiled.

“Oh it’s okay.” She tried to hide her smile. “I don’t want to keep you.”

“I’m not taking no for an answer.” Yong Guk said. “Let’s go.”

“Okay…” Junsol said. “Oh is your eye better?”

“Yeah, it is.” Yong Guk said.

“You look… umm… really different.” Junsol said trying not drool.

“Because I’m not in my uniform?” Yong Guk said. Junsol looked at him. ‘He looks so handsome in a deep V white shirt, jeans, and a tan leather jacket.’ She thought.

“I guess so.” Junsol smiled. “So where did you come from?”

“Oh I… I…” Yong Guk said. ‘What should I say the truth… that I went to a night club? No! No! No! She would think I’m a player or worst some gigolo!’

“You?” Junsol looked at him.

“I was hanging out with some friends.” Yong Guk said.

“Oh okay…” Junsol said.

It became silent for awhile but neither of them mined. Once they got to her stop, she thanked him.

“Night Yong Guk; I really felt safe.” Junsol smiled.

“Night Junsol… Oh look!” He pointed.

“What?!” She looked. She felt a small peck on her cheek and was shocked. He tricked her. She looked at him and he just ran away fast… a bit embarrassed but waved her good night. She touched her cheek and she felt tingly inside. ‘Does he like me?’ She thought. She texted Junsol and said: I'm home :] ........... And with that, she slept peacefully.

 


 

Hey guys, I don’t usually advertise but if you are a Block B fan or a Himchan fan. My friend of mine has two awesome fanfics here! You might know her or you don’t but she’s an awesome writer! Here are her 2 fanfics I hope you guys will like!

For Block B fans: His Annoying Games

For B.A.P Himchan fans: She’s That Girl!

I am hoping to go to a Big Bang concert here in LA to make her jealous... I know I'm mean but then again I am GD-biased LOL.\