Revealing Her

Her Foolish Heart

“Yo Seob, why are you in such a good mood today huh?” Ga Yoon asked with curiosity. Everyone turned their attention to the both of them who started a conversation after a long awkward silence.

 

As he was slightly distracted with his own thoughts, Ga Yoon nudged him for attention. Yo Seob was still grinning from ear to ear as he made sense of Ga Yoon’s question, “What? What? Oh, I’m not!”

 

“You are! Don’t try to lie in front of me. You’re exceptionally happy today. Yesterday you were complaining how tired you were after the United Cube Concert in Brazil and now, you’re glowing with happiness!” Ga Yoon explained as she inspected Yo Seob’s mood inside out.

 

Hyuna came closer to Yo Seob and scanned him from head to toe. She nodded in amusement and giggled. Yo Seob found them acting very strangely as he asked while controlling his smile from his face, “What are you guys trying to imply? I’m always happy like this! Don’t assume anything out of it.”

 

BEAST and 4 Minute members were having dinner together the next day since they had the day off after their busy schedule. Yo Seob was just enjoying his dinner and kept smiling to himself. The rest of the members were interacting with each other – except for Yo Seob.

 

“Aish, must be that letter from last night! Yo Seob was secretly looking at it in the room…” Doo Joon said out of impulse. He covered his mouth soon after as he saw Yo Seob’s shocked expression. It was supposed to be a secret among the members of BEAST but now, Doo Joon had let the cat out of the bag.

 

Damn, Doo Joon, you’re going to get it from me, Yo Seob thought in his head.

 

It was too late right now. Ga Yoon and the rest of the 4 Minute members were definitely very curious with what Doo Joon had said. However, Ji Hyun was the only one who peeked at others’ reactions and continued eating her food. Hyuna questioned and pouted, “What letter? Come on, tell us! We’re family right?”

 

Jun Hyung began to laugh and nudged Yo Seob repeatedly, “Yo Seob, just tell them already. There’s no use keeping secrets from the members of 4 Minute right?”

 

“No! It’s too embarrassing!” Yo Seob denied everything and went back to gobbling his rice down.

 

Jun Hyung was persistent and said, “You’re not telling? I’ll tell them anyway!”

 

Yo Seob opened his eyes widely and covered his mouth, “No!”

 

In any case, Jun Hyung was too strong for Yo Seob and he started locking Yo Seob’s hands down while Ki Kwang covered Yo Seob’s mouth. As Yo Seob was locked down, Jun Hyung carried on, “I shall enlighten everyone with the story behind the secretive letters!”

 

“Secretive… letters?” Ga Yoon was confused yet again.

 

“There’s this fan of Yo Seob who has been dedicatedly writing letters to Yo Seob for two years ever since BEAST has debuted. This person is Yo Seob’s very first fan.” Jun Hyung explained while sticking out his tongue at Yo Seob who was helpless now.

 

“Perhaps his first and only fan!” Doo Joon added with a sarcastic tone.

 

Behind Ki Kwang’s hands, Yo Seob shouted, “Yah!” However, he still could not stop the tongues from wagging.

 

Jun Hyung continued after everyone laughed at Doo Joon’s joke, “Yeah, at first she sent letters through the company but after a year, the person actually send the letters through our very own mailbox instead… which made Yo Seob happier since it wouldn’t be cluttered among all the other fan letters!”

 

Yo Seob gave up as Jun Hyung had already spilled the beans of his letters. He was not angry with Jun Hyung, of course, since 4 Minute members were like family to him but it was still partially embarrassing to let them know he actually treasured the letters like gold.

 

“Don’t you read other fan letters?” Ga Yoon asked.

 

“Of course I do. Every fan means everything to me but this fan is different, he or she has been with me since debut and the person gave me my first fan letter!” Yo Seob’s face formed a smile unknowingly as he explained.

 

Thinking that the 4 Minute members would start laughing at him, he hid his face by covering it with his hands and sighed. “Aw, the person is so sweet! I wish I had a fan like that!” Ga Yoon stated and ate one piece of meat.

 

“Yeah, I never had such dedicated fans before!” Hyuna said and her face changed, “All I get is bloody letters from antis!”

 

 “Don’t you think it’s very weird and stuff?” Yo Seob asked while cowardly grabbing a piece of meat into his mouth, hoping to stop blushing. After all, he felt embarrassed for his own actions.

 

“Of course not! It’s every singer’s wish to have a dedicated fan that supports them from the start to the end. She supports you since you debuted and never fade away. It’s rare.” Ga Yoon explained to Yo Seob with a serious tone.

 

Yo Seob was feeling much better about it now and smiled cheerfully, “Really? Because I do keep the person’s letters in a box.”

 

“Really?” Ji Hyun suddenly cut into the conversation. Everyone was bewildered at her strange reaction since she was very nonchalant during the whole conversation earlier and she randomly spoke loudly.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry. It’s nothing.” Ji Hyun went back to her food again but she could not help but smile to herself.

 

“Ji Hyun, you’re acting so strangely.” Ga Yoon said. Right after she said that, Ji Hyun choked onto her food and Ga Yoon gave some water to her, “Ah, be careful!”

 

“I’m…” Ji Hyun stuttered as she was coughing from her minor accident.

 

Yo Seob handed her a piece of tissue paper, “Ji Hyun, are you alright?” Ji Hyun looked up and froze for a second. She was looking straight into Yo Seob’s eyes. Yo Seob was confused as to why she didn’t receive his offer, “Ji Hyun? Ji Hyun?”

 

“Yes, Yo Seob?” She asked as she snapped out of her day dreaming.

 

Yo Seob laughed at her foolishness and said, “I asked whether you are alright! Ah, you’re so cute!”

 

“Cu… Cute?” Ji Hyun stuttered again.

 

Yo Seob’s hand was still stretched out as Ji Hyun did not get the tissue herself. “Aish, Ji Hyun, you idiot,” Yo Seob tilted his head and went over to her and cleaned off the dirt that was on her face instead. She flinched a little but did not avoid his contact. Yo Seob gave his warmest smile and put the tissue back on the table. He pinched Ji Hyun on the cheek and went back to his food.

 

 It was just a slight movement of Yo Seob but it made Ji Hyun’s heart skipped a beat. She touched her cheek that he had just pinched. She smiled slightly and went back to eating. It wasn’t the first time Yo Seob had pinched her cheek. In fact, he did it all the time.

 

If only he knew, she thought.