Liking Her

Her Foolish Heart

“Doo Joon! Where did you go? It’s so late!” Jun Hyung started his nagging again when Doo Joon arrived in his dorm later than promised.

 

Doo Joon became defensive as he saw his other five members already showered and watching television, “Yah, you guys left me alone to have dinner and you’re nagging at me for coming home late!”

 

“Dinner? It’s been two hours. I don’t remember you eating that slow,” Jun Hyung replied and asked casually, “Who did you have dinner with?”

 

Doo Joon’s ears perked up and remembered the little issue he had with Ji Hyun that made him more protective and nervous, “Well, I had dinner with Ji Hyun.”

 

“Ji Hyun?” Yo Seob interrupted as he moved his attention from the television to Doo Joon instead. He moved closer to Doo Joon and frowned, “Why are you with Ji Hyun in the first place? I remember she was at the dance room, nowhere near our recording studio.”

 

“Well, she was alone there so I asked her out for dinner to the nearby restaurant…”

 

Yo Seob sat up and shouted, “What? You went dinner with her… alone? At this time?!”

 

“Ah, you’re so loud! Quieten down, it’s just a dinner! Why are you so uptight?” Doo Joon covered his ears. Doo Joon tried to match Yo Seob’s reactions and raised an eyebrow, “Yo Seob, are you jealous?”

 

Now all the members were exchanging glances at each other and started giggling secretly. Yo Seob’s ears turned flushed and he could no longer talk as loudly as before, “What… what are you saying?”

 

Doo Joon put one arm around Yo Seob’s shoulder and laid his head on Yo Seob’s shoulder teasingly. Yo Seob shifted in his position uneasily as he realised all of the members were questioning his strange behaviour a moment ago. He was also shocked that his reaction was exaggerating. “Yo Seob-ah, Ji Hyun is pretty, caring, easy going and talented. You can’t find another girl like that. You know, it’s time for you to start loving something other than singing.” Doo Joon teased.

 

“Aish, what are you trying to imply? There’s tons of guys who like Ji Hyun…” Yo Seob muttered without thinking.

 

“Ah! So you like Ji Hyun after all!” Hyun Seung pointed at Yo Seob and continued, “You’re just afraid of being rejected, aren’t you?”

 

Yo Seob covered his mouth and shook Doo Joon’s head off his shoulder, “You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill!” His face blushed even more when the members started making fun of him, “It’s late! I’m going to sleep now.”

 

Escaping from the clutches of his annoying members, Yo Seob left quickly to the room and shut the door. Doo Joon laughed as he realised it was the first time Yo Seob became shy after talking about a girl. It was obvious to Doo Joon that Ji Hyun liked him but never had he thought that Yo Seob had the same feelings as she did.

 

This knowledge of Yo Seob’s feelings comforted Doo Joon. “At least now I know it’s not one-sided…” Doo Joon muttered under his breath.

 

“What one-sided?” Jun Hyung asked.

 

“Nothing.” Doo Joon smiled to himself.

 

Jun Hyung frowned, “You and Yo Seob are acting really strangely today.”

 

-

 

Doo Joon walked down the stairs, being immersed in his own thoughts when he heard a voice humming to a tune that was vaguely familiar. He walked down quietly to find Ji Hyun singing softly to herself. It was 4 Minute’s new song and she was practising on her own at the staircase.

 

He crept down the steps so she would not find out and went behind her, “Nam Ji Hyun!”

 

Ji Hyun screamed when a pair of hands gripped her shoulders tightly. She turned around and found out it was Doo Joon spying on her. She slapped on his chest and bellowed, “Oppa, you scared me! Don’t do that anymore.”

 

Seeing her expression did not look pleasant, he felt apologetic, “I’m sorry. I was just playing. You don’t look like you’re in a good mood.”

 

“I can’t sing well lately. I’m having a comeback soon but I kept getting reprimanded for my singing.” Ji Hyun whined and looked depressed.

 

Doo Joon smirked and said, “You can always seek help from BEAST’s main vocalist.” Ji Hyun became dumbfounded while Doo Joon whispered unnecessarily, “You know… Yang Yo Seob.”

 

She lifted her hand high up, attempting to slap him again but Doo Joon dodged it quick enough. She leaned against the wall and whined, “Are you going to tease me about him forever? You know it’s just a crush on my side.”

 

“How do you know it’s one-sided?” Doo Joon looked up at the ceiling, pretending to be ignorant.

 

“Why did you say that?”

 

Doo Joon leaned closer to Ji Hyun and whispered to her, “Well, perhaps Yo Seob likes you too…”

 

“Don’t joke about this, Oppa!” Ji Hyun backed away immediately, refusing to believe any of his words – especially when he was teasing and embarrassing her this way. Why would Yo Seob take a liking to her? She felt it was impossible because Yo Seob was definitely not interested in dating right now. Even he was, his mind is occupied with N.J.

 

At this moment, Yo Seob passed by the staircase and noticed Doo Joon was leaning abnormally closely to Ji Hyun. He frowned in disapproval and pondered for a few seconds. “Should I go and see what’s up with them?” Yo Seob thought to himself. His mind was raging as he realised Ji Hyun became much closer to Doo Joon and Ji Hyun had never looked at him the way she looked at Doo Joon before.

 

“Are they really dating?” Yo Seob asked himself again. Knowing it was useless to guess; he stealthily opened the door to the staircase and hid himself away from their sight. He pressed his ears as close as possible without being found out.

 

“Doo Joon Oppa, no one, I repeat, no one can ever know about it! You promised to keep it a secret – even from the 4 Minute and BEAST members.” Ji Hyun placed one finger on her lips and warned seriously.

 

Doo Joon casually placed one arm over her shoulder. Yo Seob witnessed that and he could feel his rage from head to toe. “What is Doo Joon doing?!” He mouthed to himself silently.

 

“Ji Hyun, liking a person isn’t a crime. You shouldn’t be too afraid. Everything will turn out just fine,” Doo Joon encouraged her while Ji Hyun just listened, “I promise I won’t tell anyone. Trust me. You know you can always trust me.”

 

“Thank you, Doo Joon Oppa.”

 

Yo Seob hid himself again as Doo Joon and Ji Hyun walked down the stairs, avoiding him completely. Yo Seob felt weak in his knees and collapsed on the floor. Somehow, his mood went downhill when he heard their conversation. Although he did not hear the whole thing, it seemed clear to him what was happening. He gulped and clenched his fists together, having mixed feelings about Doo Joon and Ji Hyun.

 

“Doo Joon… Ji Hyun…” He mumbled to himself and felt bitter, “They like each other.”

 

Despite Doo Joon and Ji Hyun being his good friends, his heart did not feel happy for them at all.