Clenching Fists

Her Foolish Heart

Ji Hyun was tending on her wound in the dorm, still recalling from the day Yo Seob hugged her from the back.

 

It was normal for them to play with each other with some physical contact but both of them had never been so close to each other like that before. It was unimaginable and the unexpected things happened to them.

 

Ji Hyun winced in pain as she took off the bandage. The broken glass had slit her skin harsher than she thought. And the wound was not getting better by the day. “That’s weird, I remember I did everything the doctor say,” She grimaced at the injury with disgust.

 

“Ji Hyun, are you okay?” Ga Yoon took a look at her hand, “Your injury doesn’t seem to be recovering fast. Do you need to see the doctor again?”

 

Then, Ji Hyun’s phone vibrated.

 

“I’m alright,” She replied to Ga Yoon’s concern and went over to check her phone.

 

From Yo Seob

Ji Hyun, remember we said we’re going to talk? How about this evening?

 

Ji Hyun stiffened at the sight of his name. She contemplated for the longest time ever and did not reply to his message. And then, her phone vibrated again – another message from Yo Seob.

 

Let’s make up for the dinner that I ruined, okay? It will be my treat. 7pm at the lobby of BEAST’s dorm. I’ll be there waiting until you arrive.

 

Ji Hyun rolled her eyes and scoffed, “Since when this idiot has ever given me a chance to decide what I really want to do? Always making decisions before asking me…”

 

Despite being annoyed at Yo Seob, Ji Hyun slowly gave in to his words. “Idiot? I think I’m more of an idiot. Always believing his words and succumbs to them.” She sighed and put her phone down.

 

It would be another two hours before 7pm. She sat in her chair and started playing with the lights on the table. A paper fell out from her shelf and she took it. It was the paper she would normally use to write letters to Yo Seob as N.J.

 

“Should N.J appear again?” Ji Hyun whispered.

 

After thinking, she grabbed the pen and started writing.

 

-

 

Ji Hyun arrived at the mailbox of BEAST yet again. She took the letter in her hands and closed her eyes, “Hope this letter will give strength to Yo Seob who has been down for the past week.”

 

She tried to slot in the letter through the small opening but it would not budge. She tilted her head to peek in the hole and found that the mailbox was full of fan letters. “Ugh, come on, go in!” Ji Hyun grumbled.

 

 “What are you doing, Ji Hyun?”

 

Ji Hyun turned her back to find Yo Seob standing behind her with an ice cream in his left hand. He was startled by her sudden appearance at BEAST’s mailbox and he witnessed Ji Hyun reaching out her hand towards the opening of the mailbox. He pushed Ji Hyun away and noticed the envelope was sticking out of the mailbox. Ji Hyun was hurt as he pushed her away heartlessly.

 

Ji Hyun was feeling nervous as she was caught red-handed. Was Yo Seob going to find out that she’s N.J? Was he going to find out that she was the one who had been his number 1 fan all along? That couldn’t happen. She intertwined her fingers nervously and waited for his response.

 

Yo Seob took out the envelope and found out it was N.J’s letter to him. He was infuriated and kept the letter in his jacket pocket. He glared at Ji Hyun and flared up at her, “What are you trying to do with my letter?! Are you trying to invade my privacy by taking the letter from the mailbox?”

 

Ji Hyun was taken aback by his words and only managed to say one word, “What…”

 

“Ji Hyun, I can’t believe you would do such a thing.” Yo Seob shook his head and went forward towards Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun backed away a little but she was already pressing against the wall. Yo Seob inhaled deeply and said, “You know N.J is very important to me and I can’t believe you were trying to do that. Ji Hyun, that’s not cool at all. That’s not cool.”

 

“You actually thought I would take the letter away from you? Do you really believe I am such a person, Yo Seob?” Ji Hyun challenged him weakly as her tears were already forming in her sparkling eyes. She did not dare to hear another word from him.

 

Yo Seob opened his eyes as he breathed out disappointingly at Ji Hyun, “Ji Hyun, I know… I know your feelings for me but listen; N.J… has nothing to do with the both of us. Ji Hyun, I can forget about this incident. We will just be label mates… and friends.”

 

With his harsh words, Ji Hyun could not take it any longer. She did not hesitate with her movements and gave a big tight slap across Yo Seob’s face. She clenched her fists tightly as if she was going to punch him in the face. Ji Hyun lifted her hand up high as if she was ready to give him another slap.

 

At that moment, Yo Seob cupped his red cheek right after the slap and looked into Ji Hyun’s eyes. Upon exchanging eye contact, she was getting vulnerable. Her hand did not have the energy to slap across his face yet again. She felt a sense of guilt as her heart skipped a beat at the look of his face.

 

Instead, she pushed him away violently and her tears flowed down uncontrollably. “Yang Yo Seob! I have liked you in vain. You actually thought I would do such immature actions just because I like you.”

 

Clenching a tight fist, Ji Hyun became more determined in her words, “Listen well right here, from today onwards, I will not like you ever again. My feelings for you will stop at this moment… after I leave this damn door!”

 

Ji Hyun yelled at her top of her voice, not caring whether it would attract the attention of passerbys or neighbours.

 

Yo Seob was speechless. He had never seen Ji Hyun this angry before. He also had never seen Ji Hyun this devastated before. All he could do was to stand like a piece of lifeless statue, absorbing every word of hers into his head. Ji Hyun pushed him once again and left the exit quickly.

 

When she arrived at the exit, she saw Doo Joon standing at the door. Knowing that he had witnessed all of the drama that happened just moments ago, she was feeling more ashamed than ever. She hid her face and wiped her tears before running away again. Doo Joon cried for Ji Huyn, “Ji Hyun!”

 

It was of no use. He sighed and went in to find Yo Seob still standing there. Yo Seob seemed to be not noticing Doo Joon’s presence. Doo Joon used the bottle in his hand and cautiously hit Yo Seob’s head but to no response. He shouted at Yo Seob, “Are you crazy? How can you accuse Ji Hyun like this without even interrogating her? Is that even fair to her?”

 

Yo Seob did not speak. Doo Joon was pissed off with Yo Seob’s ignorant actions as he knew the truth to Ji Hyun’s actions. He knew Ji Hyun was N.J but could not say anything. He was tired of keeping the secret but he had to. “Aish! Why do I have to be responsible for this?” Doo Joon asked himself and turned to Yo Seob again, “You better make up with Ji Hyun or else you’ll get in trouble with me! Understand?”

 

Yo Seob did not speak again. However, he left off in a hurry and went up to the dorm by himself.

-

 

Author's Note:

Hello readers, just want to ask if you guys know a good "shop" that makes really pretty posters? The ones I frequent are closed and I need one for a *coughs* new *coughs* story. It will be great if you can recommend me one. Thank you! :)