Go To Him

Her Foolish Heart

A knock on the door snapped Yo Seob out of reality. He jolted from his seat and dropped all his music sheets on the ground. He cursed himself mentally for being careless as he attempted to pick up his papers on the floor.

 

Suddenly, a pair of hands helped him as well. He looked up to see Ji Hyun’s big smile across her face. He could not help but feel glad that she was here but when he remembered the scene from the staircase, his heart fell again. He did not return the smile and avoided her gaze.

 

“Yo Seob,” Ji Hyun called his name tenderly as usual, “Yo Seob, can you do me a favour?”

 

A favour? Yo Seob’s ears perked up but continued to remain cold towards her, “What favour?”

 

“You know my comeback is coming soon but I haven’t mastered my parts yet,” Ji Hyun sat down beside him and continued, “Can you help me rehearse for my lines and comment on it? You know you’re the best person to help me when it comes to singing.”

 

Yo Seob felt honoured but whenever he looked at her, he would be reminded of Doo Joon. He knew it was not their fault but he could not help but feel a sense of betrayal, “Why don’t you ask Doo Joon to help you? You’re close to him anyway.”

 

Ji Hyun was taken aback by Doo Joon’s name and looked down anxiously, “Eh? What are you saying?”

 

Yo Seob realised Ji Hyun was embarrassed and took it the wrong way around, “What’s wrong? You’re feeling guilty? Have you done something wrong?” He could feel his temper rising, “I’m busy. Go and find Doo Joon instead.”

 

“Do-Doo Joon?” She was stammering in her speech, making Yo Seob angrier by the minute.

 

Yo Seob slammed the table and stared at her, “Why? Why did you stammer when I say his name?”

 

Ji Hyun was deeply confused by Yo Seob’s tone, “Why are you speaking to me like this? What has Doo Joon got to do with everything?” Ji Hyun felt disappointed and most importantly, hurt by the way Yo Seob was speaking to her, “Yang Yo Seob, if you don’t want to help me, it’s fine. If you’re having a bad day, I’m telling you I am not a person to vent your anger on!”

 

Silence made it worse for them. Yo Seob was unable to speak. He wanted so much to tell her to not go to Doo Joon even though he said so. When he was about to speak, Ji Hyun turned back on him and opened the door, “Sort out your feelings before talking to me.”

 

She slammed the door hard, leaving Yo Seob alone in the room. His mind was in a whirl and he messed his hair in desperation, “What was I doing?!”

 

-

 

Yo Seob trudged his way to the mailbox, knowing that his only hope to making himself feel better was N.J. He prayed hard that N.J would send him a letter. He opened the box and smiled, “I know N.J will never disappoint me.”

 

He sat down on the couch and opened the envelope. He flipped the letter to read it.

 

Yo Seob-sshi!

 

I listened to the new single you composed. “What I Want to Do If I Have a Lover” is a fabulous song by you and Ji Hyun. I know that as an idol, you tend to make sacrifices for your lovely fans like us. You are not allowed to date freely and experience true love. Believe me; I know exactly how you feel. Remember a true fan will support you all the way even if you have a girlfriend in the future.

 

All the things you penned down in the lyrics… I strongly wish one day, one day, you can find a lucky girl who deserves your love and achieve all the things you desire to do. Don’t worry, no matter who the girl is, I will always stand by you and support every decision you make.

 

-N.J ;)

Your number 1 fan ;)

 

She heard my new song and she loved it, Yo Seob thought and sighed. As usual, N.J calmed his heart and made him feel better. He kissed the letter softly and put it in his bag, “Only N.J will not infuriate me… unlike someone.” Yo Seob pouted like a child as Ji Hyun’s face flashed across his mind.

 

“How can someone be so ignorant and petty like her?” Yo Seob muttered under his breath. He laid down on the couch and closed his eyes, “If only N.J can magically appear right in front of my eyes…”

 

“Yah, wake up!”

 

Yo Seob found someone throwing something on his tummy. He sat up immediately and felt pain. He yelled with irritation, “Ouch! Who’s that?” He opened his eyes and saw the person in front of him, “It’s you?”

 

Ji Hyun coughed and looked up at the ceiling, obviously still not happy with Yo Seob. Yo Seob felt tension between them and spoke gentler than before, “What is it?”

 

Ji Hyun pointed at his tummy. Yo Seob’s attention turned to his tummy and found a bunch of keys that Ji Hyun had thrown to him violently before. Upon seeing them, he turned back to Ji Hyun. “You left your keys in the room. In case you get locked out of your own house, I just conveniently brought them here to you.” Ji Hyun explained.

 

“Tsk…” Yo Seob murmured, “Did you just come up with a poor excuse to come and see me?”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh,” Yo Seob stood up and bit his lips to prevent himself from smiling. Although they had a small argument back there, he was more than happy to see Ji Hyun again, “I just said thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Ji Hyun said coldly and Yo Seob’s smile faded as he felt a little guilty for making Ji Hyun this way. Ji Hyun stayed silent, hoping Yo Seob would say something but he did not. “If you have nothing else, I shall be going.” Ji Hyun turned away.

 

Yo Seob unknowingly grabbed her arm, “Ji Hyun!”

 

“What?”

 

“I just…” He stumbled on his words, “Can I have dinner with you tomorrow?”

 

“Oh, we’re having dinner with the rest of the members, right? I remember Ga Yoon was telling me we’re having dinner at the street across our dorms,” She tried to confirm with him about the gathering they supposedly planned with the rest before.

 

“Yes but…” Yo Seob felt his face blushing, “I just want to have dinner with you… alone.”