In Love Or Not

Her Foolish Heart

|2012 (Back to reality)|

 

“Nowadays fans are getting way overboard.” Yo Seob commented as he tried to clean off the stains and words written outside their dorm. He scrubbed so hard that the walls were tearing off, “This is the third time they are vandalising our walls!”

 

Doo Joon was scrubbing along with him. He made no comments and continued scrubbing. “Ah, my arm hurts from all the scrubbing.” Doo Joon stood up and massaged his arm. Doo Joon asked, “Are you going to tell them off on Twitter again? You didn’t do that when they came over for the second time.”

 

“I don’t know. I love our fans but sometimes, I can’t help but tell them off for being so childish.” Yo Seob stated as his angry expression did not change a bit. He muttered unnecessarily, “Aish, N.J is still the best fan out of all my fans. She doesn’t do things like this.”

 

Doo Joon chuckled and smacked his head, “Look at you! You’re comparing N.J to other fans again! Always comparing…” Doo Joon asked, “How you know it’s a she?”

 

Yo Seob was startled for a moment as Doo Joon made great sense, “It’s just an intuition. The way she writes is so girlish!”

 

Yo Seob sighed and went back into the dorm with him after the walls were clean, “I really hope to meet her one day.”

 

“What are you going to do if you really meet her one day?” Doo Joon asked again. Doo Joon, the leader of BEAST, never failed to care for s.

 

“I don’t know. I never thought that far.” Yo Seob leaned against the wall and answered, “I just want to thank her personally for supporting me from the start. She’s a great person with wonderful personality.”

 

Doo Joon said something that surprised Yo Seob again, “Are you in love with her?”

 

“What?” Yo Seob was indeed shocked but he did not deny. He was baffled. Why couldn’t he find the courage to deny that he was not in love with N.J?

 

“Yo Seob?” Doo Joon prompted Yo Seob again.

 

“But I have never seen her in my life!” Yo Seob argued sensibly.

 

Doo Joon analysed again, “You’re happy when you receive her letter. You’re sad when you don’t receive her letter. Every night, you will never fail to go to the mailbox to get her letter. It amazes me how infatuated you are with N.J. The smile you have after you read her letter is very different.”

 

“I don’t know.” Yo Seob said it for a couple of times, “I don’t know. My heat skips when I receive her letter. My heart flutters when I read her letter. People would say I’m crazy for being like this to a person whom I never met before.”

 

“You are in love with her.” Doo Joon confirmed his assumption.

 

“Dramatic, isn’t it?” Yo Seob asked.

 

“Isn’t life full of drama?” Doo Joon laughed and splashed the dirty water at Yo Seob.

 

“Yah!” Yo Seob wiped his face.

 

-

 

Yo Seob and Doo Joon were scheduled for a variety program today and the topic was shifted to talking about fans. What great timing.

 

Yo Seob’s face flushed after the MC, Ho Dong, talked about fans. Kang Ho Dong spotted Yo Seob’s face and directed the question at him, “Yo Seob-sshi, are you blushing?”

 

The audience began to focus the attention on him. Yo Seob shook his head and fanned himself. Ho Dong wasn’t pleased and prompted him again, “What’s the sweetest thing your fans have done for you, Yo Seob-sshi?”

 

“Ah, that,” Yo Seob stuttered and said, “All of our fans are generally very sweet but there’s one fan that made an impact in my heart.”

 

The audience went wild and screamed. Ho Dong asked again, “What is it?”

 

“This fan supported me way back before I debuted and she wrote fan letters to me all the time. Unlike other fan letters, her words are very knowledgeable, wise and heart-warming. Every time I read her letters, I gain the strength to go on.”

 

“Does she still write to you now?”

 

“Yes, she does. She monitors my activities and motivates me by giving me quotes and teaching me how to sleep well and cure my voice after singing for very long.” Yo Seob explained proudly and tried to control his facial expressions while Doo Joon gave him a quick glance.

 

“She’s so sweet!” Ho Dong commented.

 

Ho Dong changed his focus to another guest and Yo Seob heaved a sigh of relief. He could not believe he just exposed his secret on television but he felt great. He felt it was good to at least acknowledge N.J in public to let her know he was grateful to her.

 

Soon after, Ho Dong asked another question to the guests, “Do you think it is possible for the fans to actually date their idols? Many fans are, of course, dreaming to have this as a reality but we want to know the perspective of the idols themselves. Doo Joon-sshi, would you like to answer?”

 

Doo Joon pondered very long in order to give a reasonable answer, “Of course we would like to thank every each of our fans personally. But for dating, it’s very hard to say. I think, as idols, we still have to draw a line as well.”

 

“Your fans will be disappointed!” Ho Dong joked, “What about Yo Seob-sshi? I hope you won’t break your fans’ hearts like Doo Joon did!”

 

“Honestly, I think it’s possible for us to date fans.” Yo Seob said bravely. The audience went wild again as he spoke.

 

Ho Dong teased, “You’re going to be on the headlines tomorrow, Yo Seob-sshi!”

 

Everyone laughed before Yo Seob started explaining, “For me, fans are truly the ones who care about you. They monitor your activities and even care for your safety and health. If I do find a fan that I click with, I will absolutely want to know the person better and get along with her. If she’s a great person, why should I deny her and lose a girl like that?”

 

The audience melted into the pool of mushiness. “Yah, you’re making me look bad!” Doo Joon retorted at Yo Seob.

 

“Yo Seob-sshi, perhaps you are indirectly referring to the fan you mentioned about a moment ago?” Ho Dong teased.

 

Yo Seob panicked and stuttered, “What? Ah… That… Er…”

 

“You’re caught!” Ho Dong laughed and asked, “Do you want to say something to your beloved fan out there somewhere?”

 

Yo Seob blushed again and decided to do it since it was the only chance he could make his point clear to N.J, “Hello to you know who you are. I know you will be watching this and watching over me. Please continue to do so. Continue to support me and write me letters. If I ever get the chance to see you personally, I will definitely thank you in person. Thank you.”

 

Everyone in the studio clapped for Yo Seob. Yo Seob’s eyes were red as he said the message. He wiped away his man tears and looked down to prevent anyone from seeing him cry. It was embarrassing.

 

On the other side, Ji Hyun was watching the show Yo Seob was on in her manager’s car for a schedule at Busan. The members were soundly asleep except for Ji Hyun. She had to catch the variety show Yo Seob was on. She saw the message Yo Seob dedicated to ‘her’. Her tears fell down uncontrollably and she touched Yo Seob’s face that appeared on the screen in her phone, “Yo Seob-sshi, thank you.”

 

And then, she turned off the show and looked outside her window, “But I’m sorry, I cannot let you thank N.J in person. I know… if you two do meet, you will never speak to me again.”

 

With that, Ji Hyun closed her eyes and went to sleep.