Say It Now

Her Foolish Heart

“Hyung, I’ll go up here instead,” Yo Seob shifted his position and climbed up the ladder and tried to make himself comfortable for the photo-shoot.

 

Doo Joon folded his arms and suspected, “Uh, why are you going up the ladder?”

 

“I…” Yo Seob took a peek at Ji Hyun who was deciding on a spot to sit, “I just want to stand out in the photos!”

 

Doo Joon looked at where Yo Seob was looking and nodded his head, “Right…”

 

The photo-shoot of the CUBE Family began and Yo Seob smiled with all his might. Occasionally, he would take another peek at Ji Hyun who was totally focused on posing in front of the camera. Her smile was like an angelic ray of light. Her eyes sparkled and her cheeks flushed. As if her smile was contagious, the corners of Yo Seob’s lips curved upwards as well.

 

“Okay, nice!” The photographer interrupted and said, “Now it’s for some group photos!”  Yo Seob got down from the ladder and coughed. He was about to approach Ji Hyun when the photographer suddenly said, “Ah, Huh Gak, Doo Joon, Ki Kwang, G.NA, Yo Seob and Ji Hyun, you all will be in a group. Get ready.”

 

Without hesitation, Ji Hyun raised her hand and called for the photographer, “Sorry but… Can I be exempted from the group? Hyuna will replace me instead.”

 

Yo Seob was taken aback by her behaviour. She was cold in rejecting the shoot. Was it because of him? Was it because she did not want to be in the same photo as him?

 

As Yo Seob’s mind ran wild, he noticed Ji Hyun’s hand covered in bandage. He went over to Ji Hyun and things turned sour again. It had been long since they had talked to each other and it was a strange feeling.

 

“Ji Hyun, what happened to your…” Yo Seob’s voice faded away as he remembered the fateful incident when the bottle of stars broke. “Don’t tell me…” Yo Seob could not finish his sentence and Ji Hyun cut in.

 

“You should be with Doo Joon and the rest now,” She answered simply and left.

 

Yo Seob grabbed her arm and stared into her eyes intently that made Ji Hyun shivered a little, “It would not take long.”

 

He took her by the hand and brought her into a room. Ji Hyun stayed silent, waiting for Yo Seob to speak up his mind.

 

Even though he clearly knew the reason for the bandage, Yo Seob did not hesitate to ask. “What happened to your hand?” Yo Seob briefly touched the bandage but Ji Hyun moved away from him. Yo Seob tried again, “Is it very painful?”

 

“Painful?”

 

Feeling more guilty and sorry for the words he had said, he was not able to say a single word. Not that he was a coward, it was because he thought even an apology was not enough to make up for the pain he had caused.

 

“You said that I was insensitive,” Ji Hyun’s expression stayed still like before and continued, “I had a schedule that lasted for the whole night and morning. You called me at the last minute that you wanted to celebrate together. When I was at the point of passing out from exhaustion, I prepared a meal for our birthdays… which you did not even give a damn about.”

 

Yo Seob’s heart felt like it was being squashed.

 

“I… I even made an extra present for you,” Ji Hyun added, “And all you care about was N.J’s.”

 

Ji Hyun scoffed as she tried to control her tears from releasing, “And you call me insensitive?”

 

“Extra?” Yo Seob asked.

 

However, Ji Hyun ignored his question.

 

She pointed at her injury, “This pain,” and back to her heart, “Is not comparable to the pain you have caused me in here.”

 

Although Yo Seob was concerned about N.J, he could not comprehend the care and concern he wanted to shower to Ji Hyun. To him, Ji Hyun was far more important. He treasured her but he was not good with words – definitely not with women.

 

“Yang Yo Seob,” She said his full name with determination, “From today onwards, we’re just label mates. We’re friends no more.”

 

No, Yo Seob thought to himself.

 

Ji Hyun turned away and started to leave his side. Yo Seob shook his head and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

 

Ji Hyun gasped at the slight touch of Yo Seob and the inconsistent breathing of his. “Yo Seob, what are you doing? Let go off me!” Ji Hyun struggled and was worried that someone would spot them like that.

 

“Ji Hyun, it’s okay if you don’t want to be friends,” Yo Seob muttered under his breath, “I don’t want to be friends with you too.”

 

“What?” Ji Hyun was confused.

 

Yo Seob did not relax and hugged her tighter, “I said I don’t want to be friends with you.”

 

There was an awkward silence before Yo Seob breathed in deeply and continued, “You’re not just a friend to me, Ji Hyun.”

 

Come on, Yo Seob, you can do it, just say it, express your feelings for her, Yo Seob thought to himself and he was going bonkers.

 

“Ji Hyun, I promise not to cause pain for you anymore,” Yo Seob said to her, “I promise… because… because…”

 

Stop stuttering, Yang Yo Seob!

 

Ji Hyun knew she was  not supposed to be soft-hearted but the embrace in Yo Seob’s arms were making her weak in the knees. She felt her heart skipping every moment. Or maybe it was Yo Seob’s heartbeat she was hearing.

 

“Ji Hyun, I just want to tell you I have been li-“

 

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and a voice was heard from the outside, “Is someone inside?”

 

Yo Seob and Ji Hyun flustered and moved away from each other. Yo Seob got his grip and opened the door without revealing Ji Hyun in the room, “Yes? It’s just me.”

 

It was just one of the staff from the photo-shoot, “Ah, Yo Seob, you have to go out and prepare for the shoot!”

 

“Alright, I’ll be there right away.”

 

He closed the door and turned to face Ji Hyun who was turning pale. He almost grinned at the way she was panicking. “Ji Hyun, maybe we can talk later,” Yo Seob said.

 

“Sure.” Ji Hyun replied simply.

 

Yo Seob moved towards her with caution and readjusted her messed up fringe. It sent electricity down to her body every time Yo Seob touched her. Without a word, he left the room.

 

“Now, you guys have to smile for the camera! Ready?” The photographer said to the six of them who were taking the photo together.

 

Yo Seob’s mind was filled with the tiffs and moments he had with Ji Hyun. He looked up to the camera and forced a smile that was hard to interpret.

-

 

Author's Note: Check out the links (in blue bold) for the actual photos taken by CUBE family. :)