In My Heart

Her Foolish Heart

The airport was filled with fans of BEAST.

 

BEAST members were finally arriving in Korea today. The members came out of the departure hall with sunglasses on to mask their exhausted and bare faces to greet their fans in the airport. The place was filled with screams as BEAST members made their way through the chaotic crowd.

 

Yo Seob, who was wearing a mask to cover up his exhausted expressions to prevent his fans from worrying about him, scanned the surroundings for a certain someone. Although he knew it was entirely impossible for him to find that person, he was still wishing for the day he would get close with him/her. He looked down after waving as he knew it was futile.

 

BEAST members had just come back from a very busy schedule. After their overseas promotions from Singapore to Brazil, life had been hectic. Well, there’s nothing they could do about it given their popularity around the world after their most successful album: Fiction and Fact.

 

Doo Joon threw the keys on the dining table and laid himself first on the couch, followed by Jun Hyung who accidentally sat on Doo Joon’s legs when he was going to lie on the couch. Hyun Seung and Ki Kwang went straight to the bedroom without showering or saying a word.

 

Dong Woon and Yo Seob sat down on the floor after putting the luggage down. “It’s great to be back home in Korea!” Dong Woon exclaimed and raised his hands high up in the air. As the youngest member of the group, Dong Woon was filled with energy even after a long flight.

 

“Yah, don’t make so much noise. It’s already 2AM in the morning!” Jun Hyung groaned and adjusted his body comfortably on the soft couch whereas Doo Joon seemed to be falling asleep. Jun Hyung commented but deliberately aiming his comment to Dong Woon, “Well, it has been one month since we actually stepped into the dorm, I can see the dust collecting at one corner of the house!”

 

Dong Woon touched the table top and shook his head, “Hyung, are you going to make me clean the house again?”

 

Jun Hyung smirked and said, “What do you think?”

 

Dong Woon sighed and complained, “What a life of a maknae!” Again, he whined loudly, “I have school tomorrow, Hyung. Please have mercy!”

 

“Ah, that’s right!” Yo Seob said loudly all of a sudden, “I almost forget to check the mailbox! Aish, how forget of me! Hey guys, I’m getting downstairs for a moment to check the mail. Don’t lock the door!”

 

Doo Joon was definitely still awake as he asked Yo Seob but his eyes were half-closed, “You can always check tomorrow, Yo Seob…”

 

“It’s okay! It’s going to be quick, I promise,” Yo Seob put on his slippers quickly and darted out of the house without looking back at Doo Joon once.

 

Doo Joon chuckled and stated casually, “He’s always go to the mailbox every day without fail. Doesn’t he get sick of it? It has been two years.”

 

“Well, it’s like a habit for him now. I can’t believe he actually treasures the person so much. Two years… It has been two years now.” Jun Hyung continued and the three of them nodded at once.

 

Meanwhile, at the mailbox, Yo Seob opened it eagerly as he searched for a letter that he had been waiting for since a month ago. He would always open the mailbox daily without fail but this time, he couldn’t because BEAST was away from Korea for a month. As he reached inside the mailbox, he was elated to find a letter inside.

 

The envelope was still the same. It had always been the same. The person had always used this beige coloured envelope that had a smooth but unique texture to it. It looked expensive and out of the ordinary. However, that was not what made it so special to Yo Seob. BEAST dorm’s address was carefully written on the envelope. The handwriting was cursive but neat. The stamp used remained the same.

 

Yo Seob placed the letter close to his heart and he felt so much warmth by just doing that. He took the letter upstairs. Without saying anything to s, he went into the bedroom right away and closed the door.

 

“I can’t believe the person actually writes so many letters to him! She’s really loyal to Yo Seob,” Dong Woon was feeling envious of Yo Seob. “I wish I have someone like that.” Dong Woon seemed to be dazed at one corner by himself.

 

Doo Joon raised his eyebrow, “Every time he receives the letter, it cheers him up.”

 

As he did not want to wake his two other members who were sleeping, he the torch and read the letter under the dim light. It was better than nothing. He just had to read the letter right now. He carefully ripped off the envelope and took out the letter inside. As usual, the person started with a simple greeting with ‘Hello Yo Seob-sshi!’

 

Hello Yo Seob-sshi!

 

I have been reading the news lately (and your twitter!) to find out BEAST is busy going around the globe from Singapore to Japan to Brazil to London and many more. Are you feeling tired? It’s a rhetorical question, I know. You must be very exhausted with your schedule. Remember to always drink hot water with lemon after your performances to soothe your throat. Sleep well to overcome the jet lags after you arrive in Korea. Your fans in Korea miss you very much!

 

No matter where you are, how near or how far, I’ll always be there in your heart guiding you through the difficulties in life.

Hwaiting, Yo Seob of BEAST.
The best vocalist in my heart.

 

- N.J ;)

Your number 1 fan ;)

 

Yo Seob kept reading the letter over and over again until he felt very sleepy. He whispered softly to the letter like a fool, “Sorry, N.J, for reading this letter that late because I was busy promoting overseas. My dearest number 1 fan, N.J, thank you for giving me strength when I need it the most. Goodnight!”

 

He kissed the letter and placed it back into the envelope safely. He went over to his pillow and shoved it aside. At the corner of his bed, he had a treasure box (that’s what he called it). He opened the box and inside it, there were all of the same type of envelopes. He could not even count the number of letters he had anymore. It was letters worth of two full years. He placed the recent envelope that he had just read into the box. He closed it and put it back to where it belonged.

 

Taking out his phone, he went to his twitter account and typed in a simple tweet while grinning from ear to ear.

 

Been flying around the globe and back to Korea. Thank you for giving me strength, once again. ;)

 

Of course, B2UTIES would think Yo Seob would be talking about his fans, the B2UTIES, in general. But this time he was only thanking one particular person – his number 1 fan, N.J. And he would only use ‘;)’ when he directed the message to N.J so N.J would know Yo Seob was talking about him/her.

 

A fan that would always be special in his heart.