Recollection

Born for the Stage

recipe_cl_cappuccino_330x300.jpg

 

This photo was googled, okay?

 

 

“What school are you in, anyway?” She asked to stay with the flow, they were nearing the café. “CAI—Cho Art Institution.”

 

Seriously? CL let out a big sigh on that. “Oh.” Honestly speaking, she doesn’t have a good reply on that.

 

“How about you, Bu-ney? Tell me what happened after you left Korea nine years ago.” Chaerin looked up only to find Zico looking ahead of them. Awkward. She thought. She never did thought that YGSA would grow some loyalty roots deep inside her. She never thought that meeting a real CAI student would make her act like that. “I’ve been good.” Chaerin replied after a few moments.

 

What’s the point in lying to her best friend anyway? She won’t start acting awkward with him right? They were friends for three years for Gaho’s sake—and that friendship would have grown so much more if she didn’t left.

 

Zico didn’t utter a word—at least not  until they were seated comfortably inside the café with Americano in front of them.

 

“Okay, so define I’ve been good further.” The boy requested after he took a sip on his coffee. CL shrugged. “Well, I got into an Art’s Academy when I was twelve but I quit after five years. Then started with home school for two years…” she paused, as if thinking of other things she could tell him without mentioning the heart breaking incident two years ago. “There’s not much to tell in my life, Bu-ney.” She just chuckled—an attempt to get away with it.

 

“Alright.” Good. He’s making it easy for her. “But how come you didn’t even contact me when you arrived? How come I didn’t see you next door?” Zico was trying to limit his questions. So unlike when he was younger. Chaerin smiled at her own thought.

 

“Well, to be honest—I am trying to escape my parents.” She explained. “The first time I tried it without telling them anything—they almost declared martial law on the family. They even attempted calling the President of the U.S of A! Can you imagine that?” They were not even familiar with each other yet—but the blonde felt very comfortable. Loosing all facades and walls—because it was her best friend, a dear friend at that. A younger brother.

 

Zico just chuckled on her tale. “I think I could imagine the face of Gummy-noona when she freaked out.” The boy said when she mentioned that she stayed with her cousin. “So, I left home—but this time I told them the location.” Chaerin said. “As far as my parents know—I’m in Hawaii. So my dear friend, I am trying my best to be low profile by not going near the familial subdivision.”

 

“But how about your plushie?” He pouted—and Chaerin swore he looked adorable. “I’ll get it sometime.” She comforted. “You want me to get it for you?” He announced. She just gave him a ­do-what-you-want look.

 

“How about you—did you cry when I left you?” Chaerin teased with a playful smile. Blushing again, eh? She raised her brow on that.

 

“Of course, Chae—you were my best friend.” Gosh, his blush was so think his cheeks are starting to resemble apples. “Best friend? Then why are you blushing like a mad man?” She laughed at it. She doesn’t know why but she used to love teasing him. And her words just proved that she still enjoy it.

 

“You were my first love you know.”

 

Okay. That stopped her.

 

She looked at him looking back at her with a shy yet serious gaze. She avoided it immediately. “Don’t joke around, Jiho.” She replied. “I’m honest, Chae. I wouldn’t keep this childish plushie if I wasn’t.”

 

Frankly, she could feel his gaze even though she wasn’t looking at him—now where did the tough CL go? “Didn’t I tell you to call me noona? I’m still a year older than you, punk.” She said before hastily took a sip from her Americano. When he didn’t reply—she thought he would pursue the topic which will make their reunion more awkward. “It’s awkward you know. I’ll just call you Bu-ney.” He replied before giving a yet another awkward chuckle.

 

Then it started—their smooth silly talk, the awkward situation forgotten and laughters and gasps entered. Chaerin and Jiho talked about their escapades when they were younger. The sad nights where in Jiho would sleep over because he was yet alone again—where she acted like a good girl taking care of her baby as she tuck him on her bed. Maybe that’s why he liked her so much.

 

She was so sweet with him.

 

She spoiled him more than his parents spoiled him—but it didn’t mean Chaerin forgot to teach the young boy Jiho was some manners. She loved him all the time of their three-year friendship. And in return, Zico adored her. Probably adores her still. He just treated her like she was the only family he had.

 

--

 

“Yo, Bu-ney.” He called.

 

They were no longer in the café. It was now late—at least nine in the evening. The last time she spent a long time outside her pad and YGSA was the time she went shopping. Sean and Tablo would so kill me. Because after the briefing that the girls told her, she skipped school. Chaerin didn’t know why—but she just felt like it.

 

Oh well, she’ll just face the old trainers tomorrow.

 

“Remember when you used to carry me?” Zico asked her. She laughed. “Hey—don’t expect me to give you a piggy-back now!” Suprisingly, he also laughed. “Ani—how about I return the favor?” He teased. Oh this boy, really! Chaerin just raised her eyebrow. Her gut feeling was telling her they would eventually end up talking about the first love topic but Chaerin played along. “You’d do that?” She asked.

 

“Of course, for the lost nine years of supposed to be friendship.” He beamed before turning his back on her and let her climb his back. He felt warm—which made her comfortable. Chaerin was never one who would act all clingy on the opposite —so she wasn’t that familiar with their whatsoever.

 

She s her arms around his shoulders and leaned on him, “I really missed you, bro.” She sighed. Jiho was her self-proclaimed younger brother. But he treats her more than that. What to do?

 

“Me too, Bu-ney. Me too.” That’s all he said as he crawled himself back to silence, she noticed there was a tint of sadness in his voice when he said that. Chaerin wondered why he walked so slowly. “So—where do you live now?” He asked her.

 

She gave him a low chuckled on that. “And how would I know that you didn’t become a wanted repist or serial killer while I was gone?” In her peripheral vision, she saw him smile. “There was nobody left to teach you good manners after all.”

 

“Yep—nobody left.” His replied began to go short. So instead of teasing him more, she told him her address.

 

Cars passed by. People walked by. Store after store—and he looked like he could still go on even for kilometeres. “Zic?” She whispered. “Yeah—Chae?”

 

“Oh—I thought you went to sleep.” She tried to lighten the seem intimate situation. “I can walk now.” She struggled to be released from his grip—and he let her go. They’re in front of her buidling now. “You should go back home now. It’s late—just call me.” She smiled before turning to enter the building but he stopped her with a firm hold on herw wrist. “What?” She asked softly. Usually, if it was some random guy, that what could all be a shout or a groan. But Zico was family—he deserved her manners.

 

“Can I walk you to your pad?” He asked her with a shy smile. “Do you use your charm to get a yes from girls?” She asked—though she knew fully well that he never had a girlfriend—at least not seriously. “Why?” He looked down at her with a smirk, “Is it working?”

 

Chaerin shook her head but allowed him to follow her. The whole time was great, she didn’t mind a few minutes more.

 

But she wasn’t expecting the visitors. “Oh—wifey.” Dara, Bom, Minzy, her cousin Teddy and the dragon was waiting for her in front of her door. She narrowed her eyes at the sudden intrusion. “Um? Am I missing something?” The girls and Teddy already exchanged awkward greetings on Jiho.

 

“We’re about to discuss some matters with you and 2ne1—but you skipped school so I figured I’d meet you here.” Teddy announced and boy, he doesn’t look like amused. That—I understand, but why does that dragon looked pissed? She asked to herself as the Kwon guy looked at her childhood friend like he was some criminal. “Um, this is Woo Jiho—remember him oppa?” I asked Teddy who only nodded.

 

“Um—well, I’ll call you Bu-ney.” Chaerin just turned and looked at her best friend who was looking as awkward as she was. He only nodded and bent down to hold her in a hug. Then left.

 

They watched him walk away, and it felt like CL was waiting for the bomb to drop. “You skipped school to go to a date?” Kwon Jiyong asked. Chaerin rolled her eyes and passed by him to open her pad. “That’s none of your business.” She answered him like an annoyed girlfriend.

 

“Well practically it’s my business. I’m acting as the leader of both groups.” The Dragon replied before stepping on her pad. “I’m extending a hand on 2ne1—the girls are also trying their hardest to have their dreamed debut, you promised to help them so try to act responsible, will you?”

 

The three girls looked worried—Teddy looked like he was watching the latest action movie. “I am doing my best. But I couldn’t put my mind into gear when I was pissed offed by your girlfriend earlier—I had to skip and fortunately, I bumped on my best friend—whom I didn’t seen for nine years.” Chaerin beamed back as she dropped her bag on the sofa.

 

Jiyong gave out a sarcastic laugh “Who—Kiko? She pissed you, feisty? And good—you got a reunion with your childhood sweetheart.” The blonde scoffed—Oh, so you want to play this game, huh. “If I didn’t know better, I’d think you’re jealous.”

 

He gave her a soulless smirk. “Of course I am, I thought we had something special.”

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I am now in my house.

 

It was near eleven pm when we left her pad. The girls left earlier after we discussed their parts of the songs—Teddy-hyung managed to stop our bickering moment by letting me stay and work with the girls while he talked with his cousin.

 

Honestly—how could she skip school like that? And her reason was—she was just pissed of Kiko, don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a damn on that chick. If I didn’t know better, I’d think you’re jealous.That’s what she told me. Was I jealous? God. I was treated like I commited adultery—and she wasn’t even my girl yet.

 

I sighed as I recalled what Teddy-hyung told me.

 

“Remember our deal, Ji?” He asked me. I looked at him with a slight nod. Of course, I remember. My life was on the line now. “Good.” He told me. “Just keep in mind that making my cousin confused with your feelings wasn't part of the deal.”

 

I groaned. I wasn’t even trying. And I am so sure she hated me like I hated her now. I groaned again—remembering what Teddy-hyung told me before the silly recollection. “You looked like a jealous boyfriend.”

 

I noticed my son, a picture was on his mouth. I took and looked at it.

 

A memory—a memory that brought a smile on my lips. God—how could I forget?

 

I looked at my son again—“Sorry, Gaho. But appa will not make omma fall in love with him.” I picked the mutt who gave out a whine. “Sorry, boy.” I patted his head. “It was part of the deal.”

 

Ah—that memory when I first met her. Her hair wasn’t blonde; it was in smooth chestnut colour before.

 

End of POV

 

A/N: Okay, I have never updated this fast before :P I'm still trying to figure what kind of guy Zico would be--would he be cute, cool or dorky. Anyways, since I'm doing a pretty job in updating, comment down okay ??