Broken Hearted Girl

Born for the Stage

544964_435124286499331_100000052904612_1

Aish - I don't have Photoshop yet , so my poster looked so amateur x[ but it's fine :)

 

 

CL’s POV

 

I contacted my mentors first thing in the morning. As predicted, they both decided to give me a hard time for skipping yesterday. Tablo-sshi decided that I have to practice my pieces more (Honestly speaking, that is not a problem.). But the almighty Sean told me I have to go and find a temporary mentor since he’ll be out for the day. Aish. That guy, really?

 

Let’s just not mention whatever happened last night.

 

So here I am now, waiting in front of a dance studio. Why? Sadly, Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie in Hip Hop (Believe me, they were the ones who said that.). My only hope, Minzy had a sudden solo schedule—leaving the Hip Hop problem on my shoulders alone. But hey—God is still good, as expected, our maknae had an idea.

 

I looked around me and yet again, I was amazed by how YGSA coped with its surroundings. In front of the dance studio was a mini garden and a Greek-inspired fountain. Why didn’t YG put a garden in front of 2ne1’s dance studio? A refreshing view after a heavy work out seems—well—energizing.

 

“Unnie!” I looked at my left where the door of the dance studio was located. Minzy knew some friends who could help me with my current assignment. These friends of hers are early—weirder.

 

“What did they say?” I asked with an unsure mood. It’s not like me to feel all guilty with other people. I say what I want to say, I do what I gotta do—and I don’t look back. But this—this is a different situation. “They say that it’s okay since, well—they gave me an unusual reason—they said that they were big fans of you.” Minzy explained. I just raised my eye brow.

 

So far, the only public thing I did was put that biatch where she belongs. That’s it. “Okay?”

 

Minzy gave me an assuring smile, gosh; I couldn’t believe I trust her trusting me to these friends of hers. Sigh. “Go in now, unnie.” She said before pushing me towards the door. “Take my word on this, unnie—these two are really good.” She said, I don’t have to look back to see if she was smiling or not. I could tell.

 

“Okay, okay—fine. You can go now.” I said after she stopped pushing me. I gave her a comforting smile. Really, Chae? You heart beats like a trapped rabbit though. I thought. The girl didn’t even think twice and dashed out.

 

I gave out a big sigh before opening the door and peeked inside. The music was booming.

 

“Ah—annyeong.” I said. There were two boys inside the room, talking while fixing some kind of popping. They didn’t turn. I groaned and rolled my eyes. I really hate it when people ignore me. I exist for a reason you know, that my dears is a fact. I entered the room and despite my colorful track suit, they still didn’t notice me—I’ll forgive them since they have their backs on me. I narrowed my eyes. If they don’t notice me in five seconds, I’ll hold a tantrum. I closed the door with a bang.

 

Well, that took their attention.

 

Holy shi—Ohmaigad, never in my life have I encountered twins before.

kwon-twins-7.jpg?et=wXht%2C0mAMkMWPGhtX7   

(Aren't they just adorable?)

 

And these two are just smiling at, mischievously at that. I don’t like this. “Don’t look at me like that.” I told the both of them. The two of them really had to make this extra hard, when I entered one was wearing a plain white tee while the other wore a neon shirt. But when they realized that I was already around, one turned the speakers’ volume down and changed into a white tee himself.

 

God.

 

“Like what?” One asked me before he lazily leaned on his twin. I rolled my eyes before dropping my bag, “Like you’re dragging me to that wet dream territory you both rule.” Back in America, at my previous school, some hormone-enraged kids used to talk about their wildest dreams—one mentioned that she wanted to be in bed with identical lovers. I admit—it would be a hella’ y situation. And these two aren’t bad looking as well.

 

They just chuckled and approached me. Like I said, I hate taller men. “I’m Yongdeuk and this is my twin Yongdon.” The one who switched clothing said. I raised my brow on them. Really, they look so alike that it could be impossible to tell them apart. “If you’re confused, you could always look at our earrings to tell us apart.” The other explained. And true enough, Yongdeuk had black earrings while his twin had white ones.

 

“Deukie, let’s get gold and silver next time.” Yongdon told his brother, the other just nodded in approval. “I’m guessing that you always had trouble with people telling you apart.” I concluded. It wasn’t they’re fault that they were born with a doppelganger, right? “Deh.” Yongdon pouted. “It irritates me when people call me YongDeuk.” Maybe, he’s the younger one. “So we figured to get earrings. But, it only helped a fraction.” Deuk was already on his way back to the speakers.

 

I nodded before Don left to join his twin.

 

Same height, same hair—not typical twins. Or typical—agh, whatever. “Listen—I’m not that good in dancing, so be easy on me.” I told them before sitting on the wooden floor. They looked back at me as if I just said the most stupid thing there is. Then they looked at each other. Then back at me. Good thing I believe that telepathy doesn’t exist. Or else, what they’re doing would have freaked me out. It was as if they could mirror each other with out talking.

 

“Not good? We saw you dancing with Ji-hyung.” Deukie smirked while Donnie gave me a playful smile. “Baby boo—you don’t know what you have yet, and we’re going to force it out of you.” The latter told me.

 

God save me. I don’t like the way they approach me.

 

**

 

Many hours later, I was lying on my back. Sweaty and my body tired, I think I could feel the bruises now. The two looked down on me, dirty smiles on their adorable faces. Okay, I admit. After hours being trained by these couches, I grew to adore them. They were like kids, even though they were older than me. And they told me that they were second-cousins with that dragon—not that the information brought me any good.

 

“See? We told you, you hade something in that tiny body of yours.” Deukie told me before sitting beside me. Donnie seconded. Honestly, it felt good. Just dancing with the beat and let the sweat roll down. “Do you want me to massage you, Rinnie?” Donnie asked me. “If we won’t give your legs some treatment, they’ll feel numb by tomorrow.”

 

“Okay, bro—you do the legs, I’ll do her arms.” Deukie said. I chuckled at that. I guess they have the tendency to be impulsive. They back each other up.

 

Then the two started massaging me. “Chaerin!” A familiar voice called. I sat up, slightly knocking my two trainers and looked at the intruder, or err, intruders. Bom-unnie, Minki and Dara-unnie were there. I smiled and waved at them.

 

“Ohh—noona, did you bring food?” The doppelgangers beamed in unison—like I said, they were adorable. It seems that they noticed Bom’s corn.

 

“Ani.” Bom tried to protect her corn from the hungry eyes of the twins. “Jiyong will come here later—he just bought some food.”

 

Oh—so the dragon will come here.

 

“Oh—yeah, Dara-noona, guess what!” Donnie told Dara. The girl just gave him a look, “Yongdeuk and I decided that we’ll move on from the grasps of Ji-hyung.” I laughed because he told it in that silly dramatic way of his. The twins told me that they were big fans of Jingyo-oppa, but the latter kept on bullying them to the point that they lose their positive vibes.

 

“Eh? How?” Dara-unnie asked, but before the twins could answer, Deukie and Donnie clung on me like tarsiers on a branch. “Rinnie is our new favorite.”  They exclaimed. “Yah—she’s our Rinnie!!” Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie tried to take me away from the twins.

 

Good—they succeeded. “Unnie, so how were the twins, so far?” Minzy asked me. “Hmm…” I looked at the twins and smiled, “They’re cute.”

 

“Ani—that’s not what I mean!” She laughed. But I won’t deny that if I fell in love with them and they with me—it would be a problem to choose. “They’re good. They’re good.” I told Minki as we watched our unnie’s and coincidentally, our new oppa’s play something I couldn’t tell what.

 

“Annyeong.” Great—he just had to come, huh? He came in, fashionable as ever and plastic bags in either of his hands. I’m guessing the bags held food.

 

“Hyung!” The two greeted. “Yo.” The dragon replied without looking at them. The two pouted, gosh—they look so adorable. “Noona—here’s your special delivery. Eat them while it’s fresh.” He said as he sat beside my unnie’s. “Hyung—can we keep Rinnie for good?” Deukie asked while Donnie approached me and held my shoulders.

 

“Ani—I think she’s not planning on staying for long.” He said in such a cold tone which brought shivers down my spine. Oh come on—don’t tell me he’s still mad about last night. “But hyung—I’m even planning on courting her.” Donnie, who was behind me, exclaimed. I understand that my Donnie meant that in another, awkward way but the rest just looked at him with a WTH expression.

 

“Bro—I saw her first, I’ll court her!” Deukie said before pulling me from his twins’ grasps. I just rolled my eyes—and I thought that nothing could come between them. “Omo—Minki, don’t they have pacifiers or something?” Dara-unnie asked our maknae.

 

Well, the situation ended up with the twins running around (That is, outside of the studio, btw.) leaving the four of us. The dragon left immediately with out a word. “Chae—don’t you find it awkward?” Bom-unnie asked me. “What?” I asked back.

 

“You know—you and Jiyong.”

 

Oh.

 

“No.” I replied which earned me a ridiculous look from the other three. “He’s not the type to act all good after a fight, you know. And besides, I love you, wifey but Jiyongie has my support in this.” Dara-unnie said before she took a bite on her sandwich.

 

Okay, that got me quiet. “You know, unnie. Jiyong-oppa is one of the hard working people I know. Maybe that’s why he got mad at you for skipping school yesterday—because he knew that you’re 2ne1’s temporary member and that you’re not working hard enough.” Minzy told me. “But—” I tried to speak up but then Bom-unnie stopped me. “Just listen, okay. Sometimes it does you good to listen to other peoples’ side other than your own.”

 

“He’s a friendly person. But friendship isn’t the only reason why Jiyong helps us with this debut. Heck, being girlfriends of his brothers isn’t a reason as well. You know why he helps us? It’s because he treats us as family Chae—we’re his sisters.” Bom-unnie said. “You know, Jiyong left home at the age of thirteen.”  I looked at her.

 

“His family practically owns the biggest production company in the entire Korea—no, wait, Asia, I mean. His parents and his only sister are well known in this industry that is why it is no surprise that he grew up being a musical genius himself. But he wanted to be the one on stage—not the one behind it. Actually, he could shot his way to stardom in a moment if he wanted, but he didn’t. Jiyong wanted to build his own name—create his own music, polish his own fame.”

 

So—I was right, he is no ordinary boy. Well that explains the branded stuffs. “And so he entered YGSA and worked his out everyday.” Bom-unnie finished. “What does that have to do with me?” I asked them. “Wifey, Jiyong just look down on people who take things for granted. So please think it over.” This time, it was Dara-unnie.

 

I feel like a kid so I looked at Minki and waited for her to say something. “Oh.” The maknae beamed, “I’m not scolding you, unnie, don’t worry.” Good. At least she was on my side. I tried to collect my thoughts.

 

Okay—fine. It was my fault, so how am I supposed to say sorry now? I was never the one to apologize first—no, es would wait an eternity to hear me say those words. But Dara-unnie and Bom-unnie were right—I do owe him an apology. I was so inconsiderate. It was me who said that I’ll help the girls, G-Dragon was simply helping me help them by getting me be better. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t even noticed the other three girls left.

 

Now, I looked at myself on the mirror. Then I started singing.

 

You're everything I thought you never were
Ain't nothing like a thought could have been
Still, you live inside of me
So tell me how is that

Who was I before? The girl who loved the stage so much that people had to drag her away from it.

 

I became so hard—usually it was me who tell people to be better, but now? I forget my responsibilities because of attitude problems. That was worst of it. I shouldn’t have let Kiko get to me. The girls should be on top of my priorities. And besides, isn’t that what Teddy-oppa wanted?

 

I don't wanna be without you babe
I don't want a broken heart
Don't wanna take a breath without you babe
I don't wanna play that part
I know that I love you
But let me just say
I don't wanna love you
In no kind of way, no no
I don't want a broken heart
I don't wanna play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl

Who was I before? Before that painful incident two years ago? I was the best—or so I thought. I was at the top of the game—top at everything except… Maybe that’s why I lost everything, because I let my heart rule my brain. And it’s going to repeat again, if you let it go, Lee! I didn’t mean to compete—but it seems that trading my soul to get what I want was always been part of me, always have been a blood calling. I like competition—period.

 

But it didn’t mean I like losing. Like I said, I was the best.

 

Oh but now I don't hate you
I'm happy to say
That I will be there
At the end of the day

So it was a slap to know I was second best—second choice.

 

I frowned at the flow of memory from two years ago… Why did Jingyo’s face popped in?

 

Oh wait.

 

He was there.

 

He was there when I lost.

 

When I had my first heart break.

 

He was in New York?

 

Two memories—two emotions collided within me. I lost because I wanted to be number one—to be at the top. To be the only one. And with Kiko, the biatch owned it because I let anger took over. “Why did you stop singing?”

 

I looked up at the mirror—and saw him look back at me. “Tablo-ssi demanded a five hour vocal practice. So why did you stop?” Yes, he was part of the memory from two years ago. I remember him singing—the way he held my wrist to stop me from…

 

“Did you stop singing because you’re tired—or because you just realized that losing is part of growing up?” He asked. He remembered as well. Clearly. I could sense it on him.

 

He saw me as the broken hearted girl.

 

End of POV

 

A/N: I just wanna say THANK YOU to all those who subscribed and commented (AND YOU WILL ALL CONTINUE TO COMMENT, ARASSO??) for this fic. I won't make it until ten chapters if I knew that it won't be good but your support is so heartwarming that I just had to continue !! I love you all so love me back by commenting :) I'm out .