Sleep Over ?? #2

Born for the Stage

 

“Chaerin-ah.” Dara called as the two girls fix the living room for their sleep over. Mattresses were on the floor, comforters here and there and a massive number of pillows were all over the living room floor along with a very big Rilakkuma bear.

 

Bom and Minji were washing and preparing for the night. Seunghyun, Youngbae and Daesung left for the convenience store to buy more snacks and drinks while the remaining Big Bang boys were cleaning the dishes since—Seungri and Jiyong were optimistic in volunteering.

 

“Yes, unnie?” Chaerin replied as she sat on the mattress. She had finished washing and wore her tiger pajamas and an oversized white shirt with a kitty print. Dara sat in front of her wifey and looked at her seriously. “Why are you avoiding, Jiyongie?”

 

“Huh? What do you mean, unnie?” She took her Rilakkuma bear and hugged it. “I’ve noticed that ever since this morning. You were avoiding him, and when the boys arrived you haven’t really greeted him.” Dara just sighed and said, “I thought that you two were getting close and I just think that it’s pretty weird for you to avoid him.”

 

“We are usually like this, right?” Chaerin asked as she lied her head on top of her bear. “We usually get irritated with each other that we end up avoiding each other and—”

 

“This is different.” Dara butted in. “I think Bom noticed it too.”

 

Chaerin’s brows frowned at that. “You see aigoo – how can I explain this to you?” Dara said as she pinched the bridge of her nose. “It’s a couple thing, you know – and other couples could sense it too. Have you ever witnessed a lovers’ quarrel?” Dara asked her and the leader just shook her head.

 

“Anyway, it’s like that. I could sense that there’s trouble between you and Jiyongie.” Dara explained.

 

“I don’t understand.” Chaerin replied as she lied down and continued on hugging her bear. “It’s pretty complicated, unnie.”

 

Dara just looked at her and concluded that perhaps there really is something going on with the leaders. She’ll have to talk to Youngbae about this. “Talk to me whenever you’re ready, okay?” She said as she could already hear Bom and Minji’s voices coming closer.

 

“Aigoo, ssantoki, aigoo. Look at what Minkki lend me!” Dara and Chaerin looked up and saw their eldest fuming. Bom barged in wearing an oversized shirt that reached her knees. “What’s wrong with it, Bomtaro?” Dara asked.

 

Bom just stomped her feet before lying on the mattress and rolling over like a spoiled child. “Unnie wanted something fit but all of my clothes won’t fit her so I got one from my Mom’s closet.” The other girls laughed as Bom stopped on her movements and sat up.

 

“And look at the shorts—” She pulled up her shirt for a bit to let her friends see the really tight shorts that she was wearing. “Omo—won’t that pop open?” Chaerin asked as they noticed that the shorts were too small for her unnie’s bottom.

 

The girls laughed as Bom glared at her, “That’s what I’m scared of!”

 

“I don’t have anything that would fit her! She doesn’t want to borrow from my Dad’s closet either!” Minji protested while the other two laughed.

 

“Unnie—it’s your fault you didn’t bring anything decent!” Chaerin said as she clutched her stomach. Bom brought matching red lingerie which she bragged that was from a fashion house in Paris. It was going to be her first time wearing it since there are people who would witness how y she would look like in red lingerie.

 

But noooo~ the boys would have to come in and ruin everything! Chaerin, Dara and Minji just could not allow her wear something that revealing in front of five healthy, hormonal wolves.

 

And so, the lead vocalist would have to swallow the humiliating mess that she wore; a shirt from Mrs. Gong’s closet and those super-small shorts from her dongsaeng.

 

“That’s what you get from eating too much corn, noona!” Seungri said as he and Jiyong enter the living room from the kitchen. “Yah! Do you wanna die?” Bom fired back as she retreated to lying down.

 

“Yah—you don’t know the strength of Bom-noona!” Jiyong said to his maknae, “My hair almost fall out because of her grip. Her eating habits are now out of ordinary!” Jiyong said before the both of them rushed upstairs were the bathrooms were.

 

Bom just threw them a pillow.

 

**

 

After much waiting for everybody to arrive and wash up, the nine people are now gathered in the living room.

 

“How come you two have matching PJ’s?” Seunghyun asked the leaders. Chaerin and Jiyong looked at each other for a moment before looking away.

 

The dragon was wearing the same tiger pajamas and black hoodie with some kind of Mohawk attached to it.

 

“Aw, they’re getting awkward.” Bom cooed, “Alien-ah, do you know what awkwardness between two people means?”

 

Seunghyun looked at his girlfriend and said, “Yep—it means they’re awkward with each other.”

 

The gang looked at Seunghyun with weird expressions. “What?”

 

Bom just slapped his arm, “Aish—you alien!” Seunghyun just winced at it and asked, “Why? Did I answer wrongly?”

 

“Nevermind, hyung. Let’s just watch the movie. What do you want to watch first?” When nobody answered, Daesung took the liberty to play anything he wanted.

 

Everybody was positioned like this. Starting from the far left of the mattress, Seunghyun, Bom, Dara, Youngbae, Chaerin, a flat on his stomach Daesung, Minji and Seungri. Jiyong was on the couch everybody was leaning on.

 

Popcorn and soda were passed around (Jiyong told them to ditch the beer, they still have rehearsals the next day—something Chaerin quite agreed on).

 

“What the heck—Dae!” Youngbae complained, “You played, Ice Age 4? Seriously?” Pillows were thrown at the Big Bang member as almost everybody complained at the cartoons being played. However, “Aigoo—will everybody shut up? I’m trying to watch!” Chaerin, annoyed of the noise, said as she tried concentrating on the movie.

 

Slowly, everybody shut their trap, “Aish—let’s choose another!” Seungri said as he attempted to change the movie. “Yah!” Jiyong reprimanded at his maknae “It’s already on, so leave it!”

 

“But hyung—you know I don’t understand English!” Seungri groaned as he went back to his place beside Minji. “Relax oppa, it has Korean subtitles.” The girl beside him said before eating a piece of popcorn. The youngest Big Bang member just shrugged and helped himself with soda.

 

As everybody laughed at Sid the Sloth’s remark Jiyong just watched Chaerin. She’s like a kid. He thought. She likes anything cute. Also, he noted how she hugged the big Rilakkuma bear close and made a mental reminder to buy her one some time.

 

By the second movie which was a drama Doremifasolatido everybody had changed seats. Seungri had moved into the couch with Jiyong, Daesung moved to seat beside Youngbae who was still with his girlfriend. Minji, Chaerin were on the other side of Dara while Bom was lying with her head on Seunghyun’s lap.

 

“Jang Keun Suk looks so good in this movie.” Bom said as she watched the lead guy make moves with the lead girl. “Totally agree.” The three girls said while Seunghyun, Youngbae, Seungri and Jiyong grunted.

 

“I don’t see why he’s good looking.” Youngbae said in a nonchalant voice. “His voice sounded fake.” Seunghyun seconded. “And he’s too thin.” Jiyong added last.

 

“At least he changes hair style.” Dara said as she continued on staring at the screen. Bom who was also busy looking added, “He could sing, he tries different styles too. Unlike somebody I know who knows how to sing but sticks with his rapping.”

 

“He looks healthy like that. He’s lean body just added to his charm.” Chaerin added as she unconsciously caress Rilakkuma’s head while not tearing her eyes from the screen.

 

“He looks gay!” Seungri suddenly burst out. The girls looked at him before Minji exclaimed, “I swear if you’re not going to shut up, I’m not going to talk to you for the whole semester!”

 

The guys just shut their trap and slouched deeper and Daesung just continued watching the movie—undisturbed by the chaos around him.

 

By the third movie, the kids were already asleep aside from Chaerin of course. Before the second movie ended, Seungri and Daesung were already sleeping. Minji just waited for it to finish before lying down beside her brother who was also beside Seungri.

 

The third movie was a romantic-comedy slash horror—Spellbound. Dara was already wrapped around Youngbae’s arm, while it was Seunghyun’s turn to lie down on Bom’s lap. Feeling paranoid and left out, Jiyong moved so that he was sitting beside Chaerin who was still hugging her bear.

 

“Can I borrow him?” Jiyong asked at the undisturbed Chaerin. The girl just looked at him and said a simple ‘no’. “But you’ve been hugging it ever since the movies started. Aren’t your arms numb by now?”

 

“No.” Jiyong pouted and said, “Just five minutes, can I?”

 

“Will you guys tone it down?” Youngbae asked both leaders. Though it sounded serious, Jiyong knew that his best friend was already making fun of him. The alpha male couldn’t help but feel jealous of a simple bear.

 

It got free hugs from Hunchae all night! He thought. He then decided to let his childish jealousy go.

 

The movie was a roller coaster ride. From light romance to full comedy to horror, and though Jiyong was not disturbed, their other companions are. Bom and Seunghyun who were both not big fans of horror kept of wincing and hiding behind pillows.

 

While Youngbae kept on comforting an almost hysterical Dara.

 

While him—he looked at his supposed to be partner. He had never seen a girl who was not afraid of horror movies before. Most girls, like Dara and Bom, were afraid of anything that is scary while this girl looked bored.

 

But—just to be sure, he extended his arm behind him making it rest on the couch and on her back.

 

Chaerin, scared to her bones felt an arm lazily draped behind her and nonetheless thought that it was indeed Jiyong’s.

 

She tried looking tough the entire movie. If only the boys were not around, they already have screamed and switched into something like Mean Girls or Wild Child. Chaerin never did want to lose face in front of boys before but if she wanted to really sink in into this new family she would have to show her real everything.

 

One; she was bloody scared of anything horror.

 

And so, Chaerin shamelessly moved towards Jiyong and let herself feel quite secure.

 

Jiyong noticed that Chaerin inched towards him and because he couldn’t scream in happiness, he just closed his arm around her while her shoulder hit his chest. She’s trembling. He thought. I guess she’s still a girl in ways more than one.

 

**

 

It was around 2pm when everything wrapped up. The last six cleaned up all the bowls of popcorn and cans of soda before retreating to sleep. Seungri slept on the right end, followed by the Gong siblings, Chaerin, Jiyong, Youngbae, Dara, Bom and Seunghyun.

 

The aliens slept first, followed by Dara and Chaerin then Youngbae followed suit.

 

However, the male leader just kept on looking on the ceiling and contemplating on the things he admitted today (or yesterday).

 

He rolled to his side and jumped a little to see that Chaerin was facing him—asleep.

 

Jiyong never got the chance to actually stare at her this close. He smiled when he noticed that underneath the comforter, she was still hugging her bear close. Chaerin was like a big dilemma. She could act like the bad female that she is whenever she feel like it, act all girly when she’s shy and like a kid when she thinks she’s safe from the public eye.

 

He was starting to love the feeling that he indeed was starting to fall in love with someone like her. She was unique beyond compare and beautiful in her own way.

 

She makes him laugh, mad, and all the other emotions he never felt before.

 

He inched closer to her and without any second thoughts gave her a kiss.

 

.

.

.

 

It lasted for a few seconds yet when he opened his eyes and saw her eyes still close he sighed in relief. It was an impulsive act and if she knew about it, things between them would go downhill all over again.

 

Making sure that she was asleep, he decided that it was time he shut down as well.

 

Chaerin opened her eyes and looked at the person whose face was in front of her. Jiyong had this smile on his sleep which made his features more undeniably good.

 

However one thought just entered her mind, He kissed me.