Territoriality

Born for the Stage

 

2ne1-adidas-zx.png

 

Chaerin was about to wear her huge wrap around sunglasses when she noticed the jacket that was on a hanger hanged near her window. She groaned. After he left her with a matching kiss and a nickname, CL hanged her new collectible and studied it carefully. Yes, she was a clean freak—but she also antagonized the jacket as if it was the dragon itself.

 

She questioned and answered it like an insane person would.

 

Why did you dance with me? Because you wanted me to learn.

 

Why did you want to walk me home? Because Teddy-oppa asked you to.

 

Why did you name me as Gaho’s omma? Because the mutt needed a mother figure.

 

Why did you want me to call you oppa? Because you wanted me to address you as an older friend—or it’s just proper Korean etiquette.

 

Why did you cook me dinner? Because basically you knew that oat meal . (She forced another bowl of it this morning.)

 

Why did you give me the jacket? Because you were crazy?

 

Why did you kiss me? Because it’s a Western form of greeting?

 

Why did you name me Hunchae? Because you wanted to?

 

Chaerin sighed at the last three questions she failed to answer properly. She put on the sunglasses, grabbed her KTZ backpack and left her flat. She was clearly frustrated.

 

First, she lacked sleep. Two, the last three questions remained on her head. Three, she was late—she missed her sessions (The girls are probably on a break now.). And four, Teddy got irritated and left her on her own for being late. 

 

Lucky enough, she got into a taxi when her phone rang. “Yoboseyo?” She asked in panic—well not really in panic but—“Oh.” Her anger and stress long gone after she heard who was on the other line, “Hey, baby.” CL answered in English. “You got that right, honey—I am completely stressed right now.”

 

“Really?” Pure delight took over, “You’re coming; you just don’t know when?” Chaerin chuckled. “Okay—okay, um, yeah, uh—I gotta go. Bye, smoochies.” She made a kissing sound on her phone to close her message.

 

She gave a note or two to the driver and dashed to the school.

 

Honestly speaking? She doesn’t even know why she was such in a rush to get into that effing school she used to hate so much.

 

She only knew that Sean would add a heavy five-hour additional practice for being that much late. And Tablo—he’ll do the usual; make her repeat her lines over and over again.

 

CL gave out a big sigh as she tried to settle her already panting heart to ease. Students were already parading the hallways; yep she made it in time for mid-class break. Might as well head for the cafeteria to get the girls. She thought after stopping by on her locker to drop her things.

 

She spotted Bom immediately—Of course, the red hair gives the identity away. She thought with a smile.

 

The blonde approached them, took a sip from Minzy’s apple soda before sitting between the skinny Dara and the girl maknae. “Wassup, sleepy head?” Bom asked as the eldest of the girls helped herself with corn. “Don’t even ask about it, I heard from my Bae that Jiyong escorted her home.” Dara quickly replied.

 

Five years from the stupid private school, and two years of home study—Chaerin actually never enjoyed nosy people, at least not until now. The cat eyed girl actually released a smitten smile—Not that I’m smitten towards that dragon—nope, ain’t gonna happen. She thought and her smile was immediately erased.

 

“Hul—are you and Jiyong-oppa…you know—um getting close?” Minzy asked.

 

“Nah—ain’t gonna happen. He just did that because Teddy-oppa told him to.” CL said before leaning on her back on the chair. “Are you going to eat that, unnie?” Chaerin asked Dara while pointing at the other girls’ club sandwich. She was hungry and oat meal couldn’t not really provide her the right strength and stamina she would need for the rest of her day.

 

Dara only smiled before pushing the plate towards her wifey. The petite girl started calling her that since Friday—not that she doesn’t like that. She actually did not think that friends calling you nicknames is actually fun—one thing that would make her feel so special.

 

“Where are the guys? I thought Seunghyun liked to buy you food?” Chaerin asked Bom before taking a bite from the sandwich. Maybe she would try calling others oppa since—“Hul—Jiyong snatched all the guys away from us.” The red head replied with an adorable pout on her lips. “Snatched?” The blonde replied with a brow raised to mock.

 

“Deh—Oppa said that they’ll be late since Ji-oppa made them do an extra hour to practice choreography.” Minzy replied as she munched on her chips.

 

“Jingyo-oppa?” Chaerin repeated. Jingyo? Where did that came from? She asked herself—gosh, another question she would add to the unanswered three earlier. Now she have four questions to ask.

 

Bom and Dara looked at her—“Ohhh.” The Park sisters cooed. “Aigoo, so cute—with the nicknames now?” Bom asked, Minzy and Dara chuckled, “Oh—and courting comes next—the days with Bae. Gyahh.” Dara beamed. The older girls blushed—probably remembering those days. Minzy and Chaerin looked at each other, “Honestly, I don’t know whether I should awe or be disgusted by the both of you.” Chaerin shook her head.

 

Love—it won’t go anywhere near her corner. Not if she could help it.

 

“Omo—Bom, Minki.” Dara called. The fun and love situation forgotten and it was obvious that something was up. Dara was looking straight—so was Bom; their Minki and Chaerin had to look back.

 

Chaerin was not familiar with the school yet, so how could she be even familiar with the students?

 

Something feral inside CL made her narrow her eyes towards the entrance of the cafeteria. I am not liking that chick. It seems her gut feeling tells her that the current chick that was standing a few yards away from them is nothing but trouble. Even the other students looked at her—and silence swallowed the whole room.

 

“Something tells me that I and that chick won’t be close.” Chaerin said back to the girls; the sandwich forgotten. “We’ll brief you because we want nothing to do to that girl as well.” Bom said. “Dara, Minki-ah? Would you do the honors?”

 

“Name.” Minzy started. “Kiko Mizuhara.”

 

“Age.” Chaerin looked at both the maknae and the petite girl. “She’s 20 or 21, I don’t keep track.” Dara replied.

 

“Nationality?” Minzy asked. “Japanese with a mix of I really don’t care what.” Dara added, her voice not hiding the detest that she had for the other girl.

 

“Current target?” Minzy asked with a rising of her delicate brow. “Jiyong.” Dara concluded.

 

“She better not set her fangs towards my Tabi again or I’ll—” A crack. Unknown to the other three, Bom was squeezing a can of soda, and now it was nothing but a grumpy looking tin can. “She tried to steal T.O.P from Bom two years ago.” Dara explained towards the blonde. “Did she succeed?” CL didn’t know if that question was for more information or to irritate her unnie.

 

“Of course, she didn’t.” Bom threw the can and began playing with her fork. “But after she found out that Seunghyun-oppa couldn’t even play with the beats, she stopped trying. Honestly, she tried baiting Bae, Dae and even Seungri! Aigoo.” Dara said before pinching her nose bridge.

 

“What?” Chaerin asked in confusion.

 

“She has this weird fixation on deejay’s and pretty boys.” Minzy finished. “That’s why, since then; she gave up on the entire four and went straight to the leader. Since Jiyong is the only one who could play with beats. God—that kid makes deejay work look like child’s play.” Bom added. CL looked at the fork—poor plastic, it was going to give up soon.

 

So, she wasn’t only a chick—she is a . “How come I haven’t seen her for the first two weeks?” CL asked. “Some say she had a photo shoot abroad.” Minzy answered lazily. “I heard she went back to Japan.” Dara answered.

 

“And I say she looked for another old guy who’d pour down the money.” Bom answered—it was clear. These three girls hated that Kiko Mizuhara. They were not being mean, these girls are simply being real. “And I’d say we hit the studios again.” Chaerin answered before she stood up.

 

Break was almost over, and it looked like the boys are not coming over. Like a leader, Chaerin led the other three towards the exit, where Kiko stood by.

 

They were almost successful until, “What? You girls are such a snob—as if we didn’t share anything.” Kiko said. It was also clear that the message was for the other three—but damn, the whole cafeteria looked on them.

 

Her voice was so irritating it broke something within Chaerin, but she kept her voice and allowed the girls to counter the attack. “We never shared anything, Kiko. You butted in.” Bom answered with her arms crossed on her chest.

 

“Come on—T.O.P was smitten with me—too bad Ji is more my type.” Kiko told them with a matching pout. “Please stop—you look disgusting.” Dara answered instead while Chaerin stopped Bom from skinning the . “Dara.” Kiko beamed.

 

“I heard you managed to tie the knot on Bae.” It wasn’t a question but a statement. Kiko’s gaze when up and down on Dara—and Chaerin wasn’t liking it one bit. “I did—something you will never ever do.” Dara replied but Kiko only scoffed. Minzy rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh my, Minji is that you?” Kiko called. The girl approached them and she was obviously dwarfing them. “Girl, you haven’t grown at all—is Seungri still after you?” The girl mocked.

 

“Deh.” Minzy stood her ground. But Kiko smiled. Now that this Kiko was upclose, Chaerin took note of her outfit. Sky high pumps, a very fitting gold dress—short by the way, and a Fendi fur coat. Classy—but not something you would want to wear in school; What the hell? Chaerin raised her brow. Yep, definitely knock-offs. CL smirked, she was making her own conclusion towards the girl.

 

Fortunately, Chaerin was raised with a branded bib. Like a hawk, she could determine if one product is fake or not. And this Kiko is certainly overflowing with facsimiles.

 

“Because I was so sure that he screamed my name when I gave him a little .” Oh no. That was it. Dara’s grip on their maknae tightened. That was a low blow. The idiotic Seungri might have the tendency to flirt around but he would never—ever allow Kiko to do that to him. He hated the as much as the girls do.

 

Minzy was obviously affected. Her breathing changed, and there were tears forming on her almond eyes.

 

Silence, a smirk crawled on Kiko’s sly lips and thought that she had done damage. She hated them because they had everything she ever wanted—even the super cool red dyed hair. Bom beat her at that. But before she could ever turn on her heels, Kiko heard:

 

“.”

 

She forgot the newbie.

 

“What did you say?” Kiko asked. The atmosphere around the five changed. The students saw that. “I said, . And I’m pointing at you.” True enough, CL’s finger was pointed at her.

 

“Newbie? You’re Teddy’s cousin?” Kiko asked—of course she knew. But the girl didn’t answer her which made her eyebrows frown. “Speak up girl and I might spare you.” Kiko commanded.

 

“Queens don’t answer to commoners.” CL answered and went in front. Her chin up high. “And you’re a queen?” Kiko dared.

 

CL smirked and Kiko flinched. “Yes. And you won’t like me when I do roar. So step on my girls again and—” The blonde tapped the fake Fendi fur coat but immediately retreated her hand—as if disgusted. “Off with your head.” 

 

That took everything—the girl retribution. The girls were about to exit when Chaerin heard something, “You, a queen?” Kiko scoffed, “More like a girl in man’s clothing.”

 

CL turned. But nooo—she’s not going to take up those knock-offs. She was with the future 2ne1 girls—and she’s going to finish this game the fierce way. “Hey you!” Chaerin called. Kiko turned back and said “Me?”

 

“Do you understand English?” She approached Kiko again. The girls following close. “Of course.” She was clearly afraid, because her voice was trembling. CL smiled her feral one and simply replied, “Good.” Then Chaerin started:

Balmain to KTZ
Many style from A to Z
Jeremy Scott Givenchy
You ain’t got on me

 

She started moving around Kiko; like a predator to a prey.


Chrome hearts
Fendi furs
Dripped in s you never heard
Louboutin Hermes

The girls haven’t recorded the song yet but CL felt like singing it. But now, she started dancing small moves—small but definitely fierce.


Ridin’ down Seoul city
Black on black Lamborghini
Haters can’t never see me
Come and get me, too slow
I’m bout that paper chasing
Body, fly face amazing
Burn burn keeps it blazin
Too hot to handle, can’t touch this
You think you with it with it
But you can’t hit it hit it
U know I got it got it

 

CL was unaware that Minzy, Dara and Bom was following her—no choreography but the four of them moved in sync.



Cuz I’m so bout it bout it
I let them hoes know
I run this show show
We get it poppin
And we stick you for your dough dough

 

By the time that CL snapped her fingers to finish the song, everybody could see that the infamous Kiko was sweating beads. There was no more of the confident she once was when she entered the cafeteria. It was clear that the message of the song fit her.

 

“Like I said—you won’t like my roar, Kik—and what you heard is nothing but a small—” CL clawed her fingers before finishing a “Meow.”

 

“We’re not done, .” Kiko announced. “Puh-leeze, call me something I’m still not.” And with that, 2ne1 sashayed to the exit. Chaerin felt good. She managed to save everybody—especially Minzy’s almost broken heart but she knew the consequence too well. She was declaring that she is part of the 2ne1.

 

“Jiyong-oppa!” Kiko screamed as the Big Bang boys entered the scene. The girls turned—again. Kiko had her arms around the leader and CL didn’t like that a bit. Just last night he was so sweet and now here he was, letting a cling on him. “We’re not DONE!” Kiko let out. CL glared at those hands that clung on the dragon’s arm like her arm depended on it.

 

“Anytime, biatch. Anytime.” Chaerin cooed.

 

This time, for real—it’s a battle for territory.

 

 

A/N: Aigoo . Guys , I just wanna say that I am not promoting Adidas !! Hul !! And I am not against oat meal , I'm a funky eater myself so don't hate oat meal !! Doesn't it sound so destined that if one ships TopBom (SPRINGTEMPO) , one atuomatically likes SKYDRAGON and DARAYANG ?? What ?? Am just saying !! Hul !! Enjoy , comment and subscribe :)