Official

Born for the Stage

A/N: Watch my new SD video ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7OpL8Yr99E&feature=g-upl

 

 

 

YG had gathered the vocal coaches, choreographers, some Dance majors along with Big Bang and 2NE1 in the theater.

 

He was standing on the stage while his second family sat off stage and waited for his announcement. “As you all know, the K-Art festival is fast approaching.”

 

The K-Art festival is a yearly occasion for Korean Art schools both abroad and local. Schools would send out their best of the best to compete along with other champions. It was a competition known to be both professional and personal. However, for the past eight consecutive years, YG remained on top.

 

“For this year, I am honored to announce that our campus had been chosen to be host school.” The president said which earned a lot comments off stage. “Why I have called you all here was because I have to say that all performances for this years’ K-Art festival should be extra excellent.

 

“Dance your feet off in rehearsals, bust your vocals if needed but I want perfection and the championship cup on my table at the end of the festival.” He said in a voice that spoke of command and authority. Silence ruled over the audience as they listened on their most-prime leader.

 

They trusted their president. He had led them through thick and thin; honed their talents until they fit their shoes now.

 

“But most importantly, I want all of you to enjoy this years’ festival most.” And for a moment there, his eyes and voice softened. “Our school is the host; let’s show everyone that the competition could also be about fun and enjoyment. Committee members, please remain.” He dismissed most of the people except for one head vocal coach, two lead choreographers and Big Bang’s leader.

 

“Chaerin.” President Yang called before the gang could leave the theater. “Where are you going?” He asked.

 

Chaerin looked at her team mates and noticed their eyes panicking; they love their president but sometimes he could very well scare the out of them. “Practice room, sajangnim.” She replied.

 

She could feel the stares given to her by the other students as they waited for the president’s next words. “Stay—as 2NE1’s leader, you’re part of the committee now.” Though she was not looking at the girls, she could feel their mixed emotions—as well as the remaining Big Bang boys. G-Dragon was already on stage, smirking at her.

 

“We’ll talk later, good luck.” Dara said as she gave Chaerin a quick hug. “Good luck, don’t freak out—fighting!” Bom said as she patted her back. “Fighting, unnie!” Minzy said as she clasped the older female’s shoulders.

 

Unsure, she slowly went back and climbed the stage to sit on the floor, a good few feet away from G-Dragon. However, he quickly took a seat beside her—shoulder to shoulder. “Well, I think congratulations are in order.”

 

She glared at him then continued on waiting for YG to spill his beans. Chaerin was still mad at him for his impulsive behavior the night behavior when he took up Jiho’s challenge.

 

Jiyong, smirk fading, nudged her shoulder, “Don’t tell me you’re still mad about last night.” He looked at her and waited for any slight reaction. None. He sighed. Well, won’t this be tough? He asked himself sarcastically. True, his actions yesterday were hasty and childish but it was G-Dragon talking. And when a challenge comes up, his inner king couldn’t just say no.

 

Before he could turn and say a reconciliation with the girl beside him, YG started talking. “Timetables are prepared in regards of the meetings and trials for the festival and since we are talking about perfection here, Big Bang and 2ne1 will be leading forefront in this.” Everybody looked at the two of the youngest people in the committee.

 

He was used to this but it didn’t make him immune with the pressure that followed this kind of responsibility but he was also concerned with Chaerin. He was so sure that she’s a pure professional and stress have no tight holds on her but, she was quite new to this.

 

Jiyong knew the pressure of the first tries of the leader. Everything and anything would look and sound unorganized and impromptu.

 

“Jiyong, Chaerin,” YG called and the two leaders looked up at him, though his jaw was as firm as that of a strict professional, his eyes told them that he was talking as a father. “Prepare your members for this. Your training will be quite different starting from now on.”

 

They both nodded. “Jiyong work with our resident producers and tell them what you want—you too Chaerin. It’s about time you create your own music. I want everything to look naturally perfect, understand?

 

“In regards of the choreography, Youngbae, Seungri and Minji will help the Dance majors for it.” He said as Chaerin listened intently on his words. YG took her off guard with his announcement with her being not only a permanent member but leader of his brand new girl group.

 

Emotions, both high and low, overwhelmed her. Pressure and excitement were in her gut. However, she couldn’t deny the annoyance that she felt for the guy beside her. True that she was mad because of his agreement with Jiho’s challenge, but part of her—the one personality who go by the name of CL—understood him.

 

After all, she was starting to see that she was the Queen to his King. They were alike in some point. They were royalties in their own right and pride was part of their armor.

 

They couldn’t let a challenge go without scratching their well made armors, right?

 

“That ends it here, get your timetables at my office later this afternoon.” YG said as the committee members began to leave.

 

Jiyong stood up first and offered a hand to Chaerin. For her to receive it was a both a relief and surprise for him. Relief—because he was starting to feel that the barrier she put up between them was slowly crashing and surprise because he was expecting her to reject it.

 

Chaerin-ah, you’re really unpredictable, huh? He thought as he looked down and grinned at her. She looked at him through her fringe but didn’t return the smile. “Don’t be too happy.” She turned. “I only accepted because I had cramps.” She then handed him her back pack, “Hold this for me.”

 

The grin was instantly erased and a pout replaced it as he took her back pack from her. “Chaerin-ah, I’m sorry~” he said as he tried playing with his aegyo in hopes that she might give up and just forgive him, noona’s and some dongsaeng’s were swayed by even his slightest pout, come on—how much effort should he put just to convince her?

 

He quickly mae to her aid as she winced at the pain of her cramps.

 

“Ah—Jiyong, Chaerin, I have to speak to you.” They heard YG call them. Slowly, Jiyong guided Chaerin nearer to YG so that they could listen to whatever he has to say.

 

“Chaerin-ah, I know this was a sudden announcement for you but I am hoping that you’d accept the responsibility.” He looked at the brunette girl as he crossed his arms on his chest. “I have seen some footages of your rehearsals on and off campus, heard comments here and there and I won’t deny that I am impressed with you.”

 

“A leader is the embodiment of a groups’ total persona—the ultimate image of a band. You might not know it but I asked one student to film that battle you had in The Queen.” Shocked, Jiyong and Chaerin looked at each other.

 

Well, there were good and not so good memories on that night.

 

“Good—very good in fact. Charisma, control, flow, quality and quantity packaged in one—that is what I am looking for 2ne1’s leader.” He said and for the first time since that night back in New York, Chaerin felt her stage spirit grew again. Never had anyone praised her in such a simple yet uplifting way before.

 

“Whether you like it or not—I believe it is your destiny to be lead this aspiring girl group so lead them good as I expect you to.” He said in a quite rude way which made Chaerin think that he was in president mode again.

 

Yet again, it was YG’s way of showing his love—tough love indeed.

 

Both of them bowed as YG dismissed them.

 

Cool—her camps were replaced by an excitement to fulfill her duties well.

 

**

 

“So—what are you going to do?” He asked Chaerin as the both of them stayed in a cafeteria empty of students who were either in classes or trainings.

 

Jiyong was massaging her right foot—he insisted on it ever since they sat on the benches right after he bought them food. Chaerin, who was nonetheless enjoying the free food that was given to her and the massage just shrugged and continued sipping her juice.

 

“Seriously, you never wanted to be part of 2ne1 before. In fact you never wanted to be part of the stage, what changed?” he asked in a curious tone.

 

“You.”

 

“What?” He asked her as he continued moving her ankle to and fro. “I said you changed.” She said as she ate her yogurt this time.

 

For a moment—they didn’t realize what she meant.

 

And then she stopped eating.

 

He stopped his massage and looked at her. “Huh?”

 

Chaerin avoided his gaze and proceeded on her yogurt. She could feel a blush starting and she wasn’t sure how to answer his questioning look. “What—what do you mean, Hunchae?” he asked “What do you mean by me changing?”

 

“You were pretty convincing about me having the talent.” She finally answered and figured that it was about time to thank him for what he did for her. Though she might not admit it at times, but she was pretty grateful for him for pulling her from the mud—ever since that night when she broke her heart for the first time to the day she had her confidence again to perform.

 

“Before I was so unsure and insecure about everything concerning the stage,” she gave a small smile “until I met you here, saw you bring your lot on stage and handle everything which such ease have I imagined myself performing again.”

 

She whirled her spoon on her yogurt, “I might not sound like it sometimes, but you’re one of the people who I admire the most. I’m sorry if I act like a spoiled princess sometimes but it was my way to stay away from what I was born to do.”

 

Jiyong looked at her and though she has some yogurt on her chin, she nonetheless looked like the prettiest thing on the whole wide world—in his world at least. “So—oppa, thank you for believing in me and being an inspiration—”

 

“Chaerin-ah,” he interrupted, “are you confessing to me right now?”

 

He didn’t knew where that came from but his heartbeat was so fast right at that moment that he just blurted out what he was thinking on his head. Meanwhile, her eyes widen at his boldness. Or was she really indirectly saying her feelings to him?

 

Twisted—her choice of words was twisted in a way that it sounded like an idol-fan confession but nonetheless, when translated it sounded like an admittance of feelings.

 

She avoided his gaze and continued eating her yogurt. It was safer not to reply she was scared.

 

Bloody scared actually.

 

If she say anything, her heart would betray her and would gamble everything left. CL was nowhere in her subconscious and she even doubted if her alter-ego could even save her from that situation because like it or not—CL was also drawn to G-Dragon.

 

Both girls needed challenge. They both needed security. They both needed guidance—they found them in one man—Jiyong and G-Dragon.

 

“Chaerin, answer me.” He was still holding unto her ankle, a position that looked intimate and personal and funny yet his voice had a hint of seriousness and nervousness. G-Dragon was also out—dating CL perhaps.

 

Now it’s up to the lead charcters, Chaerin and Jiyong to make it official.

 

Then she started laughing—“Aigoo, oppa, aigoo—I was just thanking you, don’t think of it as anything else.”

 

Cruel joke, Chaerin! CL shouted from her subconscious. You are soooo into him, stop denying it! She looked at the boy in front of her and noticed that his lips were forming a frown, “Oppa?”

 

Jiyong noticed how much her laugh affected his feelings. He can’t believe that it was all for nothing. Come on man—she’s into you. Girls like tricks and giving hints! Read between the lines, bro! He heard G-Dragon deep inside him and somehow, he believed his alter-ego.

 

But he couldn’t bring himself to smile again, “Really? For a moment there, I thought you were really confessing to me.”

 

She just playfully laughed at him.

 

“Because if you really did, then everything would be different.”

 

Now, how would she translate that?

 

 

 

A/N: I know, I know (slowly hides) I've been away for like AGES , but I have a good reason for that !! Anyway , please enjoy this chapter while the sweet raw love lasts ^^