Chapter 16: I'll be there for you

This Love will change

Author’s point of view:

The day of the press conference came. It was held in a hotel. Fans we all excited to know what the “surprise” was about. P.O and Minji was nervous. They hope the fans will understand. Everyone at the press conference was nervously waiting. They were all waiting for you. You actually don’t want to attend but after much persuasion from Cho PD and the others, you brave yourself and think positively. 

“HyeRin, you can do this! We will always be with you!” Dabin said and you smile. You took a deep breath and went to the press conference venue.

“As you all know, we are here today to tell you something. Everyone here, especially BBCs, I hope that what we are going to tell, you have to keep calm.” Cho PD said.

“We are here today to announce that... P.O and Minji are in a relationship” Cho PD said. Minji and P.O hold each other’s hand and stood up. They then bowed. Everyone around was really shocked. They didn’t expect that this was the surprise.

“I know this is really surprising. It has been almost 8 months since me and HyeRin got into a relationship but we had to stop our relationship. I feel sorry for HyeRin because I have hurt her but we should not continue our love if one of us does not love each other. I believe that me and Minji are fated to be together. Once again, I am sorry if you didn’t expect this. My heart belongs to Minji now. I hope all of you will accept us being together. Pray the best for us. I am sorry if I disappoint you.” P.O said and bowed again.

“I understand that both of you love each other. I have to agree with P.O that we can’t be together if one of us has no feeling for the other. I wish all the best for you both. As for myself, I will remember what Tiffany and PD appa told me the other day. I have to just wait for someone.” You said and look down.

You tried really hard to hold back your tears. Luckily, you were wearing sunglasses so that people can’t see your teary eyes.

“I am sorry if you think that I am the cause of P.O and HyeRin’s break up but my love for P.O has fated us to be together. I hope all of you understand this and accept us. Please wish the best for us.” Minji said and smile.

The press conference ended. There was a lunch organised by the hotel of the press conference venue. You just made your way to there. As much as you wanted to go home, you didn’t want to spoil the moment so you stayed for lunch. You saw people around was congratulating P.O and Minji. You sat at the table of the hotel restaurant feeling awkward.

“HyeRin, are you alright? Do you want to go home?” Zico suddenly sat beside you

“I’m alright.” You said and smiled.

“I’ll be right here for you if you need anything.” Zico said and you nodded. For the rest of day, fans were non-stop congratulating Minji and P.O. You were at the hotel ballroom just standing at the side. You watch Minji and P.O cutting the cake from far. It was a celebration for the success of their relationship but it look as if it was their wedding reception. You got bored of the event and so you made your way out of the hotel. Unfortunately, it was raining. You did not have any umbrella. Since you came to the hotel without your car, you wanted to take a taxi but there was not that pass through your way. You just walk your way under the rain. Suddenly, a white car stops in front of you. It was Zico’s car. Zico was holding and umbrella.

“Get inside or you will be sick.” Zico said and open his car door to let you in.

“You are drenched. Why didn’t you tell me that you want to go home? I could have send you home.” Zico said and just concentrated driving.

“I don’t want to trouble you” You said and look at the car window.

“The sky is crying.” Zico said.

“Huh? What do you mean?” You didn’t understood what he meant.

“The sky is crying because you are crying. Stop trying to be happy” Zico said.

“Well, I have too. “ You said and take a deep breath.

“I believe one day someone will better than P.O will be there for me” You said and smile.

“Now that is the strong HyeRin I know” Zico said. You reach at the gate of your house. The rain had stop.

“Thanks for sending me home again” You said.

“No problem” Zico said. You mad your way in to your house but Zico stops you. He grabs your hand.

“HyeRin, can we go to the nearby park?” Zico said you both made your way to the park near your house.

“I know this is so not the Z.I.C.O but I feel really sorry for you” Zico said and stared at your eyes.

“Thanks for understanding me” You said put your hands on his lap.

“Can I be there for me when you need me? Can I be the shoulder for you to cry on?” Zico asks.

“Of course you can” You said and hug Zico.

“HyeRin, I love you.” Zico said. You were shocked and you let go of his hug.

“It hurts me seeing you hurt. I feel sad too when you cry.” Zico said and look down.

“I don’t know about this Zico. I just broke up and my heart is not ready to accept anyone yet.”You said.

“I know that. I just love you. The similarities we had, that makes me believe we can be together.” Zico stood up.

“I need more time for myself but maybe at the same time, can you be there for me?” you ask.

“Of course I can” Zico nodded. You stood up and hug him.