Who Am I?

The Suspect: Sakura Of The Akatsuki
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mrs. Haruno went back to when she got pregnant. It was 22 years ago. Her husband, Mr. Haruno, almost lost hope of having a child, but his wife announced the greatest news. She was pregnant, but not very happy. Not very happy because the baby doesn't have her husband's blood. Sakura doesn't have Kizashi Haruno's blood. The helpless mother gave up at the time and grew aware that in order to have a child, she needed to resort to other ways. In vitro fertilization was the only way, and her ex-husband was the only provider of that solution.

Everything happened secretly, and Mrs. Haruno was too selfish to tell a soul about it. She even hid herself in Konoha so her ex-husband wouldn't find her. He was a good man who wanted to help, but he was a human too, and knowing that the child was his, he couldn't hold himself back from trying to see Sakura until it was too late.
Knowing that huge amount of truth, Sakura couldn't help but shed tears of sorrow, disappointment and rage. She didn't know how to feel exactly, how come after 22 years she discovers that she's Sakura but not Haruno? She had many questions but thought it was useless to try to find out. The damage is already done, and nothing was going to be fixed. All she wanted at that time was some peace of mind, and she only had her best friend to help her with that. Sakura grabbed her phone and dialled Naruto's number.

"Naruto, are you home?" Sakura asked.

"Yes, you're coming?"

"Yes"

"That's great, Sasuke is coming too"

"Okay"

Sakura hung up and then threw away her phone. "Great Sasuke" she whispered outrageously, then put on her coat and headed to Naruto's place. For Sakura, this was her worst day ever; she was first tricked by Itachi then she discovered that she's an orphan that was living a lie for twenty-two years.
When opening her door, Sakura felt a familiar presence behind it. She wasn't surprised at all. She knew they'll cross paths somehow.

"Hi.... Again" he smiled.

"Look, Itachi, I'm in my worst mood. If you're here to mess with ---"

"Calm down, Sakura, I'm not messing with you. I came to apologise"

Sakura needed to hear something comforting in such a condition, and Itachi was always the only one who understood her feelings. It wasn't a long time ago since they met, but they became really close.

"Were you going somewhere?" he asked.

"Yes, to Naruto's"

"Okay, I walk you there"

The pair left Sakura's place and walked together in the calm streets of Konoha. Knowing that he came all the way there to apologise was a bit relieving, but Sakura had a lot in mind, and he was able to tell so.

"I met Pein on my way here" Itachi broke the silence "He told me about your mother"

The words were enough to make the tears

Please log in to read the full chapter